Lucid's post-Fwooshblip TIGRA!!

Looking for custom figures? Wanna display and get feedback on your finished custom toys? You found the right place. So show off your sculpts, models, customs, and other goods.
Lucid Silverback esq.
Feces Flinger
TheFwoosh.com rules: Yes

Lucid's post-Fwooshblip TIGRA!!

Tue Nov 02, 2021 11:45 pm

Since realizing my entire customs thread was lost in the Fwooshblip, I've balked at starting up a new one for the last year or so. Well, I finally decided to take some photos of the stuff I've done in the interim and start 'er up again.
Unfortunately, the specific recipes have mostly been forgotten so, there'll be an air of mystery to add to the sheer splendor!

So, ...let's get this party started.

First on deck is a simple modification to the MS Titanium Man.
Disassembled, painted silver, coated with gloss green, reassembled. Voila!
(This first pic is skewed a little yellow)

Oh yah. And there's those power effects.
They are Iron Man's translucent blast effects drilled through and placed between the wrist and the meat cuff.

Cheers!
lefthook
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Re: Lucid's post-Fwooshblip customs and mods

Wed Nov 03, 2021 12:08 am

Heya Lucid! Great to see some of your works posted again. I dig that repaint on the TM. It adds quite a flair to an already superb figure.

Looking forward to seeing some more works ya old feces flinger!
Lucid Silverback esq.
Feces Flinger

Re: Lucid's post-Fwooshblip WENDIGO!!

Wed Nov 03, 2021 10:55 pm

Lefthook!!! Good to see you, bub! It has been quite a while. Thanks for the love. You're giving me all the feels.

For my next trick, allow me to present to you WENDIGO with a resculpted head!
Sorry, but I couldn't stand that bizarre head Hasbro provided. So, if I'm not mistaken, I took the spare screaming Rhino head I had in the bin, shaved it down, sculpted a new face on top of it (except the tongue and bottom teeth), and fused the old Wendigo's hair to it. Then I slapped some paint on it and...

I was going for that quintessential Byrne Era Wendigo look. I think I got sort of close?
Lucid Silverback esq.
Feces Flinger

Re: Lucid's post-Fwooshblip DORMAMMU!!

Thu Nov 04, 2021 1:37 am

Next up is the dread Dormammu!
I made a super-classic version yeeeears ago
Click Here&nbspClick Here&nbsp
However, I always wanted to make the classic bronze Era design.
I believe the recipe is Batroc the leaper and apoxie sculpt. I took a couple liberties here and there but, he came out pretty sharp.

I do have red hands for him but I like the semi-translucent purple ones and their magical effect.
Lucid Silverback esq.
Feces Flinger

Re: Lucid's post-Fwooshblip LILANDRA!!

Fri Nov 05, 2021 8:44 pm

Here's another one I put together during the pandemic lockdown: Lilandra! I know everybody and their mother slapped together a lilandra after that Silver Sable figure was released. I'm no different; ya' gotta do something with that random Lilandra head pack-in Hasbro gave us.
The recipe is pretty straightforward; Silver Sable and apoxie sculpt. As far as the cape I fused to her shoulder, I think it was from a Magneto ML figure? I'm not really sure anymore. Anyway, the blue areas are the usual silver with a couple clear blue coats. I'm a firm supporter of metallic treatments for most if not all cosmic characters.

I also finally got around to putting together a classic Havok. It's simply that modern Havok figure with the gyroscopic headgear from the old toybiz figure. Oh, and I had to repaint the chest. A pretty easy custom.

Lucid Silverback esq.
Feces Flinger

Re: Lucid's post-Fwooshblip BINARY!!

Sat Nov 06, 2021 2:54 pm

Here's another custom from the pandemic lockdown... Binary!
Since I put this one together, Hasbro revealed their take on the character and it looks pretty good. I forget which figure I used for the base. It may have been a Dagger figure? I'm not sure. I had a little difficulty trying to sculpt her bicep and quad flames but, they came out okay. I also did my standard metallic treatment to the red areas of her costume. The Binary star emblem on her chest was cut from a random black vinyl sticker and was somewhere around the 12th attempt.

Lucid Silverback esq.
Feces Flinger

Sun Nov 07, 2021 3:45 pm

Here are a few quick mods and repaints from 2020 I managed to pull off.
First is the Kree Sentry.
Despite having slightly awkward proportions, the sculpt on this bad boy is quite detailed and impressive. I decided to add an application of metallic purple to break up the sculpt and accentuate the Intricacies. I also hit the eyes with a metallic blue treatment.
Next, is Klaw.
I combined elements from the two figures released to date. The body is from the 2 pack and the head is from the original figure with a little apoxie work and some paint. I also hybridized his sonic arm weapon in order to emulate that classic flavor.
Last up is She Hulk.
She was a rather straightforward repaint with a bit of apoxie work to eliminate the ridiculously over-torn pants Hasbro opted to give her. The textures don't quite match up but, she looks much more classic now..
NORM
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Mon Nov 08, 2021 3:36 am

Really slick sculpting on that Wendigo head, on Lilandra’s costume, and Binary’s “hair”.
Lucid Silverback esq.
Feces Flinger

Re: Lucid's post-Fwooshblip HUMAN TORCH!!

Tue Nov 09, 2021 5:01 pm

Thanks Norm!! Good to see you! I hope all is well!

Here is a quick mod I actually finished just the other day. Hasbro finally releases a classic human torch and manages to bungle the job. I don't know who authorized the paint treatment but, that opaque orange is ridiculous. I shaved off the flames from his forearms and popped that head off, replacing it with the previous version after darkening the red with a sharpie. Also replaced the shoulder flames and drilled a slight indentation just above his factory peg hole so the flames could lock in. Other than that, I gave him matching fire fists and ankle flame effects. He came out pretty sharp.
And in the F4 theme, here's one from during the pandemic. Obviously I gave Thing a mouth with no teeth and a quick paint touch-up.

lefthook
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Wed Nov 10, 2021 5:33 am

That's quite the update you've done homie! Thanks for the treats. The work done on the Wendigo reminds me of that neat series of creatures from your cryptozoology cutoms.

Smart improvements on half of the 4. So, just a red sharpie on that face gets that effect?

Dig 'em all. From slick metallic repaints to whimsical belts that fashionable, evil sorcerers rock. All awesome
Lucid Silverback esq.
Feces Flinger

Re: Lucid's post-Fwooshblip SHOCKER!

Sat Nov 13, 2021 5:45 pm

Much gratitude, bruv.
Yes, permanent red Sharpie for the win!
SYNNER wrote:
Tue Nov 09, 2021 8:23 pm
He does exist! Lucy, where you been man?
SYNNER!!! I've been lurking at the jungles edge. During the dark years of Hasbro's mismanagement of the Legends line, I lost a lot of my enthusiasm and completely cut back on my ML spending. Once they corrected their failures and started making well-engineered Legends figures, I jumped back in and have been cherry picking ever since. It's good to know there are still us old timers holding it down here on the Fwoosh! Cheers, sir!

For my next pandemic magic trick, last year I transformed the previously released modern Shocker figure into a proper classic Shocker!!
The recipe is 1 Shocker figure, a good bit of apoxie sculpt, and a whole lot of paint detailing.

Storm of the Vale
CROM!

Re: Lucid's post-Fwooshblip SHOCKER!!

Sun Nov 14, 2021 5:48 pm

Really nice work on these.
SYNNER
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Re: Lucid's post-Fwooshblip SHOCKER!!

Wed Nov 17, 2021 5:42 pm

That Wendigo is looking really good! The sculpting is super-b! It's good that you're still around from time to time. I've come back as well after a few years of lurking. I don't have any customs to show off at this point, but I can still come by and drool at the Fwoosher that have higher skill levels than I do.

I have been playing around with the idea of an Exiles-accurate Morph with some optional heads. When the idea gets further fleshed out, I might try to post pics.

Don't wander too far off, fellow-primate. You bring something special to the board and it's appreciated.
Lucid Silverback esq.
Feces Flinger

Re: Lucid's post-Fwooshblip TIGRA!!

Mon Nov 22, 2021 3:12 pm

Awww. Thanks for the love, gentlemen!

Here is a recent one I actually just finished: Tigra!
It's basically just a repaint to tone down that neon orange plastic from which Hasbro cast the figure, and more closely match her skintone to the classic comics. I painted her face and all her underside areas, avoiding her stripes and the labor involved in repainting them. I also painted all her nails.
Unfortunately, my camera doesn't seem to process oranges very accurately.

Here is a shot of her on my entertainment center under different lighting in attempt to capture her new color scheme. Still not 100% though.
NORM
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Re: Lucid's post-Fwooshblip TIGRA!!

Sat Nov 27, 2021 3:17 am

I can definitely see the subtle differences in the oranges you used for the inner areas and the areas under the stripes, most evident in the last photo. I’m also sure it looks different enough, despite your camera not doing the new oranges justice. But if it was side by side with a Tigra that isn’t modified, I’m betting the difference would be pretty drastic.

Return to “Custom Galleries”