Causeless' customs: Hulk!

Looking for custom figures? Wanna display and get feedback on your finished custom toys? You found the right place. So show off your sculpts, models, customs, and other goods.
causelessdemon
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!
TheFwoosh.com rules: Yes

Causeless' customs: Hulk!

Fri Aug 20, 2021 2:47 am

My old thread is gone. And it's not like I've been cranking out customs, but I still dabble and randomly pick up old projects from time to time. Like this one:

Pitt to Hulk conversion, started WAAAAaaay back in 2007.

Recipe:

LCBH Pitt
Pez dispenser Hulk head
Lots of sculpt
Hand painted with Vallejo paints

I hated the forearms. I understand why they didn't sculpt under the chains, but oh my god, was it infuriating. I originally sculpted the head over the existing one but I couldn't get it right. I resorted to using the Pez head like I'd seen others do, but wanted to make some changes. I tried my best to match everything to the style of the rest of the figure, including textures and lines that make up his skin. I'm happy to finally have him finished. Now he's been on ebay a couple days and already off to a new home. ImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Ikariniku
Faster than a speeding bullet

Re: Causeless' customs: Hulk!

Wed Oct 27, 2021 5:32 am

A very spicy custom recipe these days, but much more sensible in 2007. The fact that the head is an altered Pez head is hilarious to me, but you can;t argue with results. This custom is amazing. Standing next to official release Hulks shows just how different a style of Hulk it is from what we normally get through official channels.

I do have a question. Did you have to modify the ab crunch to make it stay together? My Pitt has never stayed together at that joint.
causelessdemon
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Fri Oct 29, 2021 5:23 am

I didn't have to modify the ab joint, no. It was very solidly stuck together. I actually tried to pull it apart to paint but couldn't.

And yeah, thank you for the compliments. It was a project I started out very passionately and then got weighed down hard by my lack of ability at the time to fix his forearms. All these years later I felt confident and was very happy with the results and finally having it done. I never would have imagined how expensive the base figure would become, but I would totally make another, lol.

Ikariniku
Faster than a speeding bullet

Thu Nov 04, 2021 1:52 am

causelessdemon wrote:
Fri Oct 29, 2021 5:23 am
I didn't have to modify the ab joint, no. It was very solidly stuck together. I actually tried to pull it apart to paint but couldn't.
Hmm, guess it's just mine, then. I can't get the ab joint to stay together no matter what I try. And it's not age or anything, as I bought the figures close to their release. Thanks for the answer. I've always wondered, but I've never talked with another Pitt owner.
And yeah, thank you for the compliments. It was a project I started out very passionately and then got weighed down hard by my lack of ability at the time to fix his forearms. All these years later I felt confident and was very happy with the results and finally having it done. I never would have imagined how expensive the base figure would become, but I would totally make another, lol.

It's a very well done custom, and earns its place among the official larger than 6" Hulks out there. We Hulk fans are spoiled for action figure choice compared to some, but there's always room for more!

Return to “Custom Galleries”