Lord of the Rings, Draugh, Orc trooper, custom of the Uruk-Hai raider, page 9.

Looking for custom figures? Wanna display and get feedback on your finished custom toys? You found the right place. So show off your sculpts, models, customs, and other goods.
Yoda36
Runs Around in Tights
TheFwoosh.com rules: Yes

Lord of the Rings, Moria Orc, page 7

Thu May 06, 2021 2:45 pm

This one of the first of a pack of Moria orcs. Scary creepers they are.
He got from me a new face, real hair, some extra cloth, a handmade sword, based upon the Weta pictures.
And a repaint allover to bring the metal to life. The paint as it was had been done poorly, alas.
The fun in painting again is that you notice details you did not see before. This figure has metal tips on his fingers to make nasty scratches. Never knew that.

Yoda36
Runs Around in Tights

Lord of the Rings, NEW custom, Faramir Ranger, page 8

Sun May 09, 2021 3:04 am

To complete the little group of rangers, I customized their captain Faramir Ranger.

The original Toybiz figure was a great sculpt, but the plastic robes brought it down.
So I changed them with soft-materials. The skirt is made of T-shirt fabric, two pieces sown together, the first overlapping the other. This way you can make a fold and sew that tight on the backside. This way you create a smooth sideline. For stiffness, I put a piece of carpet-tape in between them.
The cape has a different type of hood: the stitch is now in the middle as with hoodies in nowadays clothing.
Again an iron wire at the bottom for dramatic poses. This time I gave the hood an edge of fabric to create a thicker and tight line at the front.
The cape is fixed with two small nails in his chest, a chain hanging in between. They are loose and can be taken out again.

He also got a knife and hilt for it.
The sword hilt is hanging more realistic now, with new leather straps glued to them.
The quiver is extended and got a backplate + new dummy arrows (coctail pins). The feathers are cardboard this time, not paper anymore (too fragile)The quiver hangs on two metal clips and can be taken off again.
The bow is made of coffee stirring sticks glued together, bend in boiling water and sanded down to a round shape. The string is real rope.
The strap is from (fake) leather, the buckle is made of thin cardboard. It is attached with a metal pin in his side. The pin goes through two metal links, taken from a necklace. The strap goes through the cape. In the cape, there is a hole, made strong with a metal ring glued on the inside.

After all this, the figure got a thorough repaint. The colours were not matching the movie character, so I changed them. He looks quite stunning now.

Imager

IN THE WOODS

REFERENCE PICTURES

THE ORIGINAL FIGURE

Pictures are borrowed from toymania . com
Yoda36
Runs Around in Tights

Lord of the Rings, NEW custom, Guritz, Orc lieutenant into swordsman, page 8

Fri May 21, 2021 3:01 pm

Guritz, Orc Swordsman

Lucky me, in The Netherlands some rare to find action figures are easy to get.
So I customized the Orc Lieutenant, for I have four of them and the posture of the figure is very useful.

After two years in the box, I finished him now.

The face is sculpted by myself. I also made the helmet and shield. The metal strip around the shield is rope I glued on.
The sword was ridiculously long, so I clipped a piece out of it. And added fur, hair and made a repaint.
Enjoy the pics!

MAKING OF:

Yoda36
Runs Around in Tights

Lord of the Rings, Guritz Orc lieutenant into Orc Archer, page 8

Tue May 25, 2021 2:18 pm

For now I post pics of a customized Orc archer. It is made from the Orc Lieutenant figure. His name was Guritz by the way.
He is one of the more expensive figures for collector's, up to 100 dollars a piece on Ebay. Luckely, I got my hands on a few of these for normal prices in The Netherlands. So I even did customs with them. His arms were perfect for holding a bow, so an archer he became.

I gave him extra armour, furry clothes, a knife, bow (Lurtz) and quiver (Legolas) and real hair. And a repaint, of course. The pics are taken when we were on holidays in Belgium.

WIP

Yoda36
Runs Around in Tights

Lord of the Rings, Orc halberdier, custom II of the Sharku figure, page 8.

Sun May 30, 2021 4:27 pm

This is a second Orc halberdier, made from Sharku with the armor of Grishnack and legs of the Uruk-Hai berserker.
The shield is from the bloodaxe McFarlane Spawn figure.
The halberd, leg and lower arms armour are custom made.
The helmet is playmobil.
The skull is from the Spawn Tiffany figure.
He is gruesome...

TWINSIES

MAKING OF

Yoda36
Runs Around in Tights

Lord of the Rings, Shagrat into Orc halberdier, page 8.

Wed Jun 09, 2021 4:25 pm

SHAGRAT, the Uruk-Hai grabbing the mithril shirt of Frodo in the tower of Cirith Ungol. Since I have several of them, I didn't mind making one with a closed helmet. He now is an ordinary Morannon trooper.

What I did:
- gave him a fur for warmth
- painted him allover to bring out the details
- added black hair
- made a halberd and a club
- constructed a helmet.

The helmet is made of a wallnut shell! No playmobil this time. I sanded it and painted it. The visor is from the McFarlane Medieval Spawn II, series 17 figure. Enjoy!

MAKING OF

Yoda36
Runs Around in Tights

Lord of the Rings, Pelennor fields Orc custom, page 8.

Tue Jun 15, 2021 2:19 pm

This one is another orc swordsman, an upgrade of the Toybiz Pelennor fields giftpack figure.
I gave this figure some furry cloth, a hand with closed fist (for holding the shield), a shield and some bits and bobs. And a thorough repaint. I love the way the head turned out!

scottwerdal
HULK SMASH!

Re: Lord of the Rings, Pelennor fields Orc custom, page 8.

Tue Jun 15, 2021 3:23 pm

This is fantastic work. We’ll done!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Yoda36
Runs Around in Tights

Re: Lord of the Rings, Pelennor fields Orc custom, page 8.

Sat Jun 19, 2021 4:20 pm

scottwerdal wrote:
Tue Jun 15, 2021 3:23 pm
This is fantastic work. We’ll done!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Thanks Scott for your enthusiasm, appreciated.
Yoda36
Runs Around in Tights

Lord of the Rings, Arzhur, Orc swordsman custom, page 8.

Sat Jun 19, 2021 4:32 pm

ARZHUR, orc swordsman
This one I call the "Ninja orc". He has a head from some silly cheap LOTR buste (MacDonalds item?), the body of Grishnack, a custom made sword and shield and some real hair. The edges of the shield are cable-wire cut in half. The pointy parts are for mowing an opponents legs from under him. The wood are from icepop sticks.
The shoulder armor and the skull ornament + bottle are from the McFarlane Bloodaxe figure.
And I did a repaint. Hope you like the outcome.

MAKING OF:

spinc
Avengers Assemble

Re: Lord of the Rings, Arzhur, Orc swordsman custom, page 8.

Wed Jun 30, 2021 12:27 pm

OH MY GOD

This is the first time I've seen these. These are utterly incredible! I love all the detail you add, the weapons, the bows (you basically made real mini bows!), the dioramas, specially that forest one, oh man it is incredible, that amazing flaming sword you made for the balrog really looks so so good!! It almost looks real! Those rangers are dream figures for me. Utterly amazing work!

If I could make a character suggestion you might like, you could try making Talion from the Shadow of Mordor game. I bet you would blow it out of the park!
Yoda36
Runs Around in Tights

Re: Lord of the Rings, Arzhur, Orc swordsman custom, page 8.

Wed Jun 30, 2021 2:26 pm

Hey Spinc,

Now that's a response that brings out a smile. :D
Nice that you picked out the Balrog sword, it is one of my own favorites.
When you like Shadow of Mordor, I see why you are a fan of the rangers!
He won't be on my to-do list for a long time though, but who knows.
I am working on Wildmen of Dunland now, groups of four at a time.
So stay tuned, old & new customs pop in on a regular basis.

Cheers,

Walt
Yoda36
Runs Around in Tights

Lord of the Rings, Godron, half-troll berserker, page 8.

Wed Jun 30, 2021 2:43 pm

Godron, Half-troll, mountain dweller and berserker in the field.

This is a custom made figure of the Bloodaxe Macfarlane figure with a customized head of Grisnack from toybiz. The axe I made from a winecork and stick. The nasty pins are coctail sticks.
The wired cloth is also MacFarlane, the medieval spawn 2 figure. The head is done with greenstuff. And, of course, he got several pieces of real cloth. His hair is soft rope cut apart. Another orc is wearing the original shoulder pads with the horns in them.
The armored stamping foot is quite intruiging, so I kept it there and repainted.
He has splendid articulation, multiple in the shoulders, torso, neck up and down, the works!
And he is a tall figure, 7 inch + a bit ! I amagine him to be an old survivor of forgotten times, hence the white hair.

MAKING OF:

KnightDamien
Exceeds Text and Quote Limits

Re: Lord of the Rings, Godron, half-troll berserker, page 8.

Fri Jul 02, 2021 7:32 pm

Haven't popped in for a while but there's some great updates in that time. Awesome work, as always.
My son is just getting into Lord of the Rings, mostly via the Shadow of War video game, and he loves all the Orc customs. He excitedly said he'd buy those in a store, and that you should make Talion (the main character from Shadow of Mordor/War, if you don't already know). :lol:
Yoda36
Runs Around in Tights

Re: Lord of the Rings, Godron, half-troll berserker, page 8.

Tue Jul 06, 2021 4:02 pm

KnightDamien wrote:
Fri Jul 02, 2021 7:32 pm
Haven't popped in for a while but there's some great updates in that time. Awesome work, as always.
My son is just getting into Lord of the Rings, mostly via the Shadow of War video game, and he loves all the Orc customs. He excitedly said he'd buy those in a store, and that you should make Talion (the main character from Shadow of Mordor/War, if you don't already know). :lol:
Ha, there's Talion again! To be honest, I never heard of him nor of the game. Sometimes I play the old Battle for Middle Earth, but I abandoned playing games for the amount of time it takes. I am 47, I want tot do other things with my life than watch more computerscreen than I allready have to for work. :wink:

Very nice he likes the customs. In a couple of weeks, the Wildmen of Dunland will show up. He will want to have those too! :lol:

Return to “Custom Galleries”