Haslab Rancor

MAY THE TOYS BE WITH YOU! - Star Wars Black series both 6 inch and 3 and 3/4, vintage, POTF2, whatever! If it's a toy related to Star Wars then come talk about it!
Boke18
Avengers Assemble
TheFwoosh.com rules: Yes
Posts: 499
Joined: Sun Apr 01, 2018 4:27 pm

Re: Haslab Rancor

Mon Sep 06, 2021 2:18 am

Not gonna lie. I somehow want them to include Jabba's throne and floor.
User avatar
Darth_Drakonis
Runs Around in Tights
TheFwoosh.com rules: Yes
Posts: 290
Joined: Tue May 11, 2021 4:22 am

Re: Haslab Rancor

Wed Sep 08, 2021 3:56 pm

They already have a $250 Rancor... it is the 3.75" Rancor.

https://www.bigbadtoystore.com/Product/ ... ails/20321
User avatar
g3rman1a
Super Poseable
TheFwoosh.com rules: Yes
Posts: 118
Joined: Thu Sep 07, 2017 3:13 am

Re: Haslab Rancor

Wed Sep 08, 2021 4:02 pm

You mean the 2015 one that cost $125, and also came with 5 figures? Not really sure how thats relevant...
User avatar
Darth_Drakonis
Runs Around in Tights
TheFwoosh.com rules: Yes
Posts: 290
Joined: Tue May 11, 2021 4:22 am

Re: Haslab Rancor

Wed Sep 08, 2021 5:16 pm

g3rman1a wrote:
Wed Sep 08, 2021 4:02 pm
You mean the 2015 one that cost $125, and also came with 5 figures? Not really sure how thats relevant...
Everyone wants them to cheap out with this project and produce a Rancor that looks like shit. I would prefer to pay more for a quality piece with a great sculpt, articulation, and paint apps.
User avatar
hunnipot85
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!
Contact:
TheFwoosh.com rules: Yes
Posts: 1955
Joined: Sun Feb 06, 2005 1:45 am

Re: Haslab Rancor

Mon Sep 13, 2021 9:12 pm

Darth_Drakonis wrote:
Wed Sep 08, 2021 3:56 pm
They already have a $250 Rancor... it is the 3.75" Rancor.

https://www.bigbadtoystore.com/Product/ ... ails/20321
Would be amazing if they recreated this for Black Series for Haslab.

But I really want Oola (and this is probably the only way they will ever make her) so I hope she comes with the Rancor.
User avatar
The Gill-Man
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!
TheFwoosh.com rules: Yes
Location: The Black Lagoon (Houston, TX)
Posts: 3688
Joined: Fri Jan 18, 2008 2:26 pm

Re: Haslab Rancor

Sat Sep 18, 2021 4:21 am

Darth_Drakonis wrote:
Wed Sep 08, 2021 5:16 pm
g3rman1a wrote:
Wed Sep 08, 2021 4:02 pm
You mean the 2015 one that cost $125, and also came with 5 figures? Not really sure how thats relevant...
Everyone wants them to cheap out with this project and produce a Rancor that looks like shit. I would prefer to pay more for a quality piece with a great sculpt, articulation, and paint apps.
I think people just want to be able to afford it! I had to skip on Galactus and Sentinel...the past year and a half have been rough on most folks financially, and this hobby ain't cheap to begin with. I'd love to own a 1/12 Rancor, but if it's over $300 I'm going to have to skip it. I'm hardly alone in this.
Rishi_Eel
Super Poseable
TheFwoosh.com rules: Yes
Posts: 147
Joined: Fri Feb 19, 2021 2:05 am

Re: Haslab Rancor

Sat Sep 18, 2021 8:18 am

One thing that I think people are forgetting is the paint. Galactus and the Sentinel are mostly molded in the correct colored plastic, and the rest of the paint details are relatively simple. The rancor should not look like a cheap plastic piece like Mattel dinos. For a haslab it really deserves a premium deco that is as close to the film puppet as possible. I personally hope to see a level of detail close to that statue shown earlier in the thread. That kind of paintwork costs money to produce.
User avatar
Buttmunch
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!
Contact:
TheFwoosh.com rules: Yes
Location: Utah
Posts: 3471
Joined: Thu Aug 10, 2006 12:07 am

Re: Haslab Rancor

Sat Sep 18, 2021 7:02 pm

Yeah the paint on the Rancor and Lucasfilm license will make him more expensive than just his size alone would indicate. Plus they’ll budget in the unlocks like the Rancor Keeper into the price. Plus the ever increasing price hikes due to increased production costs. I honestly think $350 is likely.
User avatar
Prophet924
Thwipp!
TheFwoosh.com rules: Yes
Location: Close enough to hear TMS roar.
Posts: 9950
Joined: Sun Jan 15, 2006 4:19 am

Re: Haslab Rancor

Sat Oct 02, 2021 12:30 pm

Personally I think it will be $350 because that’s the price they want to sell it at. Hasbro’s Haslabs are supposed to be high ticket items.

Victory Saber as a lower cost item is giving the Transformers fans two Leader Class figures which are really Voyager class with extra accessories for $180. Voyager class is $32 and leaders class is $54. If they get more backers it may get to the value of the cost with that stand and shield accessory. Otherwise they are overpaying $50 easily. That’s for an item with less wide appeal.

Rancor it’s Disney. It’s Star Wars. We paid $10 for little pieces of plastic resembling a tiny character we all love. No way it cost them more than a $1.00 to make. But they are not going to sell it for $5.

So whatever costs they decide to put into Rancor with sculpt, articulation, paint, and accessories; they aren’t selling it for less than $350. And they won’t sell less than 20,000 units. They will make a pretty penny on this project.

Thwipp!


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
PSPS13
Runs Around in Tights
TheFwoosh.com rules: Yes
Posts: 267
Joined: Mon Nov 09, 2020 11:47 pm

Re: Haslab Rancor

Wed Oct 06, 2021 7:35 pm

The Gill-Man wrote:
Sat Sep 18, 2021 4:21 am
Darth_Drakonis wrote:
Wed Sep 08, 2021 5:16 pm
g3rman1a wrote:
Wed Sep 08, 2021 4:02 pm
You mean the 2015 one that cost $125, and also came with 5 figures? Not really sure how thats relevant...
Everyone wants them to cheap out with this project and produce a Rancor that looks like shit. I would prefer to pay more for a quality piece with a great sculpt, articulation, and paint apps.
I think people just want to be able to afford it! I had to skip on Galactus and Sentinel...the past year and a half have been rough on most folks financially, and this hobby ain't cheap to begin with. I'd love to own a 1/12 Rancor, but if it's over $300 I'm going to have to skip it. I'm hardly alone in this.
A sensible response that's entirely in touch with reality and considers the position many, many collectors will be in.
Nobody wants anybody to 'cheap out', to suggest that's what 'everyone' wants sounds like the entitled, privileged words of an ignorant tantrum, so I suspect the intention there just didn't translate well and came across terribly. We all want the best product without outrageous profit so we can support the business.
It's been a massively straining time for most, prices everywhere are skyrocketing, just by supporting Hasbro alone already: A huge backlog of products are arriving at once for orders we're already paying more for despite many being existing sculpts and assets repackaged and repurposed with minimal development, there is a Hasbro Con with overpriced exclusives at the same time, and there's a recent Rancor at a smaller scale that indicates what a reasonable price would be to a business in touch with it's audience and interested in maintaining them.
To suggest 'everyone' wants what you want, without consideration of the situation most people are in is, at best, knee-jerk.
User avatar
hunnipot85
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!
Contact:
TheFwoosh.com rules: Yes
Posts: 1955
Joined: Sun Feb 06, 2005 1:45 am

Re: Haslab Rancor

Thu Oct 21, 2021 7:39 pm

so we'll be seeing this tomorrow... prayer circle for Oola

Image
Scotch n Ciggs
CROM!
TheFwoosh.com rules: Yes
Posts: 949
Joined: Thu Feb 28, 2019 8:32 am

Re: Haslab Rancor

Fri Oct 22, 2021 11:23 am

Buttmunch wrote:
Sat Sep 18, 2021 7:02 pm
Yeah the paint on the Rancor and Lucasfilm license will make him more expensive than just his size alone would indicate. Plus they’ll budget in the unlocks like the Rancor Keeper into the price. Plus the ever increasing price hikes due to increased production costs. I honestly think $350 is likely.
Yeah it'll easily add $3 for paint alone.
User avatar
Photo Dave
Avengers Assemble
Contact:
TheFwoosh.com rules: Yes
Posts: 453
Joined: Thu Jul 05, 2018 5:39 am

Re: Haslab Rancor

Fri Oct 22, 2021 3:23 pm

Definitely curious about this thing, but even more curious about the price. I can't imagine he goes for Galactus money, but I guess we'll find out in a few hours.

Have fun, all!
fac
CROM!
TheFwoosh.com rules: Yes
Posts: 926
Joined: Sat May 30, 2020 10:22 pm

Re: Haslab Rancor

Fri Oct 22, 2021 7:39 pm

$350 based on the video.
User avatar
mikeysee
Runs Around in Tights
TheFwoosh.com rules: Yes
Posts: 201
Joined: Fri Feb 21, 2020 4:08 pm

Re: Haslab Rancor

Fri Oct 22, 2021 7:40 pm

Guhhhhh. $350. I really didn't think it would be that expensive.

Return to “Yavin 4: The Unofficial Star Wars Toy Board”