Haslab Rancor

MAY THE TOYS BE WITH YOU! - Star Wars Black series both 6 inch and 3 and 3/4, vintage, POTF2, whatever! If it's a toy related to Star Wars then come talk about it!
hunnipot85
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!
TheFwoosh.com rules: Yes

Re: Haslab Rancor

Wed Jul 21, 2021 7:20 pm

Buttmunch wrote:
Wed Jul 21, 2021 12:40 am
Oola makes a lot of sense but is iffy with the new Disney era of scantily clad women. This would be a good place for her with a limited, nearly exclusively adult market. Safer than her showing up at Walmart anyway.
that was my biggest concern too... if they don't release her with Rancor they probably never will. :(
Darth_Drakonis
Customized

Wed Jul 21, 2021 8:14 pm

Buttmunch wrote:
Oola makes a lot of sense but is iffy with the new Disney era of scantily clad women. This would be a good place for her with a limited, nearly exclusively adult market. Safer than her showing up at Walmart anyway.
This is a good point. They could also pack in Slave Leia too.

Seems like if Disney will allow a Marvel Legends Hercules figure wearing nothing but a banana hammock, they can make the occasional female in a bikini.
DennyCrane
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Wed Jul 21, 2021 9:27 pm

Haven't you heard? Men are evil. It's ok to sexualize them. ;)
hunnipot85
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Wed Jul 21, 2021 10:24 pm

Darth_Drakonis wrote:
Buttmunch wrote:
I have a feeling Slave Leia will show up at retail for the 30th Anniversary wave of RoTJ.

She was on the fan choice poll rebranded as Princess Leia (Hutt Slayer).

And, if they still think it would be too "risque" for retail they can basically package her like they did the latest 3 3/4" figure and include soft goods.
Darth_Drakonis
Customized

Wed Jul 21, 2021 11:22 pm

hunnipot85 wrote:
Darth_Drakonis wrote:
Buttmunch wrote:
I have a feeling Slave Leia will show up at retail for the 30th Anniversary wave of RoTJ.

And, if they still think it would be too "risque" for retail they can basically package her like they did the latest 3 3/4" figure and include soft goods.
LOL! Hadn't seen that before. Thanks for sharing!
The Gill-Man
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Thu Jul 22, 2021 5:38 pm

hunnipot85 wrote:
Darth_Drakonis wrote:
Buttmunch wrote:

This is probably what they will have to do, since some DadKaren threw a fit and took it to the media when he saw the "Slave Leia" figure on the pegs at Target, claiming it was corrupting his young daughter. :rolleyes: Disney gets flack for putting some restrictions on these, but it usually isn't because they are trying to be "PC"...it's because the Outraged Crusaders of the World (and they exist in both Left and Right Wing circles, so let's not make this political) have got to save us from ourselves. Hey, if they've got to cover her up in the package, or call her "Huttslayer", I don't care. Just give us the danged figure! I'm thinking Oola will likely be included with the Haslab Rancor, since there is little-to-no chance that anyone buying such a collectible will be offended by her.
DennyCrane
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Thu Jul 22, 2021 11:32 pm

Who was this supposed DadKaren?

This garbage has become too out of control to tolerate anymore. If anything would make me decide to finally return to social media presence and Youtube...it's stuff like this. Needs to stop before the country consumes itself.

#GrindsMyGears
maverick10126
Have You Heard About Todd's DC Line?

Thu Jul 22, 2021 11:39 pm

Oh man, this reminds me of when Karen's were complaining about Breaking Bad figures being sold at Toys R Us. Clearly they weren't aware that TRU had long had an adult collectors section....tons of NECA stuff. I just found it hilarious because Breaking Bad figures were a no go, but there was a Predator accessory pack that had some bloody skull and spinal columns.

This is like people boycotting the mall because there's a spencers gifts or something.

So what do we think is next in the Leia debacle? Will they CG some clothes on her? I just don't get the slave leia thing. ROTJ isn't promoting slavery. She was captured, she was a slave, it was bad, she killed her captor. I mean nothing about that is promoting slavery as a good thing or anything. So I don't see the controversary.
DennyCrane
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Fri Jul 23, 2021 12:17 am

Simple answer. They're idiots. Lazy idiots who don't bother to watch 2 seconds of something before deciding what's right for the "common good".
The Gill-Man
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Fri Jul 23, 2021 4:41 pm

DennyCrane wrote:
Thu Jul 22, 2021 11:32 pm
Who was this supposed DadKaren?

This garbage has become too out of control to tolerate anymore. If anything would make me decide to finally return to social media presence and Youtube...it's stuff like this. Needs to stop before the country consumes itself.

#GrindsMyGears
I'll try to dig up the article...I remember reading it when that figure was still warming the pegs. It was a massive eyeroll moment for me.
Ash Talon
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Fri Jul 23, 2021 5:04 pm

Instead of acquiescing to the Karens (male and female), I'd love for a company to just say, "We here the complaints, but we don't feel they warrant change." Like when people complained about James Gunn's decade-old tweets or Gina Carono's ill-informed commments, Disney just said, "We're aware but we're not firing anyone for their personal views."

I think the fear about Slave Leia and "scantily clad" female figures is just fan fears. We haven't seen any evidence of this happening recently. Just wild speculation by fans. Sure, Slave 1 isn't called that on a Lego package. It's still the same ship. And if they call Slave Leia by the name Huttslayer Leia, well, who cares? As long as the figure looks good, they can call her whatever they want.
The Gill-Man
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Fri Jul 23, 2021 5:33 pm

Ash Talon wrote:
Fri Jul 23, 2021 5:04 pm
Instead of acquiescing to the Karens (male and female), I'd love for a company to just say, "We here the complaints, but we don't feel they warrant change." Like when people complained about James Gunn's decade-old tweets or Gina Carono's ill-informed commments, Disney just said, "We're aware but we're not firing anyone for their personal views."

I think the fear about Slave Leia and "scantily clad" female figures is just fan fears. We haven't seen any evidence of this happening recently. Just wild speculation by fans. Sure, Slave 1 isn't called that on a Lego package. It's still the same ship. And if they call Slave Leia by the name Huttslayer Leia, well, who cares? As long as the figure looks good, they can call her whatever they want.
I agree. I couldn't care less if they call her "Huttslayer Leia", "Slave Leia", or "Reason-I-Spent-Way-Too-Much-Time-In-The-Shower-During-My-Early-Teens Leia". I think Disney may be rebranding that look, simply to head off possible controversy before it happens (same with the Lego Boba Fett ship). There really isn't any evidence that anyone HAS complained, just that they see the potential and are trying to nip it in the bud.
DennyCrane
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Fri Jul 23, 2021 5:41 pm

The whole Slave 1 and Slave Leia decision has deeper implications than just the scantily clad feminism angle. It's just more revisionist history trying to erase a stigma. Slavery isn't tolerated so of course we have to wipe it's very existence out of the history books. Because it's bad. And no we can't even have the word mentioned. It's the Voldemort solution. Don't even mention it. And you know how well that worked. Nevermind that the whole argument with Leia is stone cold silly because Leia was an incredibly strong character who even managed to off one of the most dangerous crimelords in the galaxy with the very chains of her oppression. If that's not inspirational poetic justice ground and clear anti-slavery message I don't know what is. Disney is doing themselves a major disservice missing the opportunity not turning this around to make it the positive thing for women it really is. You want progressive, That's progressive.
Reefer Shark
IT'S CLOBBERIN TIME!

Fri Jul 23, 2021 5:59 pm

DennyCrane wrote:
Fri Jul 23, 2021 5:41 pm
The whole Slave 1 and Slave Leia decision has deeper implications than just the scantily clad feminism angle. It's just more revisionist history trying to erase a stigma. Slavery isn't tolerated so of course we have to wipe it's very existence out of the history books. Because it's bad. And no we can't even have the word mentioned. It's the Voldemort solution. Don't even mention it. And you know how well that worked. Nevermind that the whole argument with Leia is stone cold silly because Leia was an incredibly strong character who even managed to off one of the most dangerous crimelords in the galaxy with the very chains of her oppression. If that's not inspirational poetic justice ground and clear anti-slavery message I don't know what is. Disney is doing themselves a major disservice missing the opportunity not turning this around to make it the positive thing for women it really is. You want progressive, That's progressive.
You're 100 percent on point - agree with you wholeheartedly.
Calbretto
Have extra testicles, will travel

Fri Jul 23, 2021 6:34 pm

The only thing that could make me buy another Star Wars Haslab is if they do something Jabba the Hutt related... so of course they're doing the Rancor. I'm actually really excited to see how this thing would turn out.

Return to “Yavin 4: The Unofficial Star Wars Toy Board”