Why have they not made <blank> in Black Series yet?

MAY THE TOYS BE WITH YOU! - Star Wars Black series both 6 inch and 3 and 3/4, vintage, POTF2, whatever! If it's a toy related to Star Wars then come talk about it!
Evil Monkey Pope
IT'S CLOBBERIN TIME!
TheFwoosh.com rules: Yes

Re: Why have they not made <blank> in Black Series yet?

Fri Jun 11, 2021 7:34 am

Why don't we have this yet?
It is imperative that she includes two removable beacons so her toy can have the Nightwing-style fights the movie’s climax denied her.
Scotch n Ciggs
CROM!

Fri Jun 11, 2021 9:12 am

Kenobi wrote:
Wed Jun 09, 2021 9:24 pm
supreme-d wrote:
Wed Jun 02, 2021 12:29 am
Kenobi wrote:
Tue Jun 01, 2021 10:33 pm
There is no market for ST merch. It all historically bombed. All clearanced. Even the toy companies say it.
Can you link the article(s) where companies (Hasbro, Jakks, etc) stated the sequel trilogy merchandise has no market?

I’ve read comments that the merchandise was released too far ahead of the movies an consumers lost interest. I’ve read that toy sales in general were down during the same period, and the closure of Toys’r’Us hurt sales. I’ve even read that the glut or star wars merchandise from the rapid release of the sequel movies was overwhelming and demand was not allowed to build up as it had for TFA. But I have never read anything from a company holding the license to make star wars toys stating that the sequel trilogy has no market for merchandise.

Also, are people including Solo in the ST? What about the Mandalorian?
Those are all excuses from ST apologists.

Howard Chan, head of Hot Toys, recently did an interview where he said ST sales were “awful.” I don’t have the link, but magazine scans and translation is on the sideshow forums in the Star Wars section.

And here is DST president stating in very clear terms that there was no market

https://www.jeditemplearchives.com/2020 ... rchandise/

As far as Hasbro, they will never admit it. But come on, those excuses are weak. You can look up the financial numbers yourself and see the low sales. You can see all the clearance items. You can see that for the first time ever there was no 3.75” for a Star Wars movie because there literally was no market.

And the biggest thing, where is ANY ST merch now? Just no market.

It is why Disney is completely shifting away from it. No new comics, no new novels, no new figures, ST is a black hole.
You can walk into a Walmart and still see a Constable Zuvio. Needless to say, that figure wasn't popular and even the paid reviews of it stand out as shills in hindsight.
TonyStark517
Runs Around in Tights

Fri Jun 11, 2021 6:53 pm

The beauty of where Black Series is at now is that they're able to really scratch every itch a collector might have. Gaming Greats can flesh out Jedi: Fallen Order while dipping into the rich history of KOTOR, Force Unleashed, etc. So I'd definitely like to see a Starkiller somewhere in the future to add to my non-Canon display.

PT-wise I'd like to see a Palpatine (Dew It Face is a must) like the old ROTS figure with swappable parts from his duel with Windu. Any other Jedi and Clones we get are just a nice bonus at this point.

OT-wise the Archive line offers a nice opportunity to update some of the original releases that don't warrant a whole new sculpt/body/etc. So here's hoping we get a good Han soon.

Mando is pretty well represented so far and has a nice amount of timeline to bridge so I'm eager to see it continue to be fleshed out.

ST-wise TOS Poe and Finn as others have mentioned. I'd also like to get photo real for everyone of the OT cast in some form. I know Mark is a hard likeness to get in general but Ahch-To Luke is ROUGH. There was so much potential to the ST that I'll always be a little disappointed we didn't get more from it, but there's still plenty of opportunity to revisit some of the characters that either never were released at the time or could use a refresh.
Evil Monkey Pope
IT'S CLOBBERIN TIME!

Fri Jun 11, 2021 10:44 pm

We still need a final battle TLJ Luke!
Trunks3540
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Re: Why have they not made in Black Series yet?

Sat Jun 12, 2021 12:59 am

I was wondering what to do with my old Bespin Luke after I get the new one. Then it dawned on me they made Jaina but not Jacen. And one of his iconic looks before he goes all evil is a brown colored version of Bespin Luke's fatigues. Even the 3 3/4 just repainted it with a new belt and head for Jacen. So I'm probably gonna try to make a 6 inch Jason out of it. Found a head on ebay I like but not sure I wanna shell out $20 for it right now, especially since I'd have tell paint it myself. And it may be too big.

But that begs the question, where the **** is the Hasbro version? Jainas been out since before TRU died. That's where I got mine. There are a bunch of customs online, using different heads. Most of which look like they could be him, but all of them are too big and make him look like a bobble head. But he is literally a new head and Lightsaber hilt away from being done proper. And his *twin* sister is kinda lonely.

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

TonyStark517
Runs Around in Tights

Sat Jun 12, 2021 5:13 pm

Evil Monkey Pope wrote:
Fri Jun 11, 2021 10:44 pm
We still need a final battle TLJ Luke!
Crait Luke is a must for the ST. Especially if the articulation allows him to dust off his shoulder.
supermonkey
teh awsum

Re: Why have they not made in Black Series yet?

Tue Jun 15, 2021 4:17 am

Crait Luke's absence is vexing.
The Gill-Man
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Tue Jun 15, 2021 6:03 pm

Evil Monkey Pope wrote:
Fri Jun 11, 2021 7:34 am
Why don't we have this yet?
It is imperative that she includes two removable beacons so her toy can have the Nightwing-style fights the movie’s climax denied her.
This is one I thought for sure would show up in both the Black Series and VC. It just seems like a no-brainer.
Ru_1977
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Wed Jun 16, 2021 2:21 am

Especially some people may buy multiples for their Imperial displays.
The Gill-Man
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Wed Jun 16, 2021 8:35 pm

Ru_1977 wrote:
Wed Jun 16, 2021 2:21 am
Especially some people may buy multiples for their Imperial displays.
I know I would have!
Mannie_Bothans
Avengers Assemble

Fri Jul 09, 2021 6:13 pm

This thread is not even 2 months old and we are already getting a Trapper Wolf / Filoni. Dreams do come true. :o :o :o :o

Return to “Yavin 4: The Unofficial Star Wars Toy Board”