GTP 1:12 Tantive IV news...???

MAY THE TOYS BE WITH YOU! - Star Wars Black series both 6 inch and 3 and 3/4, vintage, POTF2, whatever! If it's a toy related to Star Wars then come talk about it!
JackCaspian
I wish I had super powers
TheFwoosh.com rules: Yes

Re: GTP 1:12 Tantive IV news...???

Tue Apr 20, 2021 7:16 pm

Definitely glad to finally see an update from GTP, and happy to have some assurance that we will (eventually) get this set in-hand. August is a long way off, but certainly better late than never.

It sucks to hear that GTP has had such dramatic setbacks in 2021, and it sucks even more to get the sneaking suspicion that once the Tantive IV orders are fulfilled that GTP may be closing up shop for good (granted that Michael didn't say so in the update, but the overall tone was not terribly optimistic).
I had my fingers crossed that a smooth production run on the Tantive IV set might open the door for other sets like the Emperor's throne room, or Jabba's Palace down the road. But given the difficulties that GTP has encountered (and possibly some of it coming from the whole Disney licensing thing), it seems unlikely that any new company would step in the fill the void for 1:12 dioramas in the foreseeable future. Bummer. :(
mr Articulate
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Thu Apr 22, 2021 6:46 am

Website is back up - still accepting pre-orders. Does anyone recall if they had a clearance sale to get rid of all the other panels and items they had? Did the half round columns ever get released?
Benedict
CROM!

Thu Apr 22, 2021 8:58 am

They did, but they won’t for the Tantive set.
Archrivals
CROM!

Fri Apr 23, 2021 3:53 pm

mr Articulate wrote:
Thu Apr 22, 2021 6:46 am
Website is back up - still accepting pre-orders. Does anyone recall if they had a clearance sale to get rid of all the other panels and items they had? Did the half round columns ever get released?
I wish those columns did for the 1/12 scale. I still need them. I'm trying to find a 3rd Party 3D printed version that looks good with the GTP stuff..
343guiltyspark
Faster than a speeding bullet

Sat Apr 24, 2021 6:01 pm

Yeah I have their half columns, they’re nice. Got them when they had their big final spacewalls sale and said it’d be the last chance to get them.
That said, someone asked on GTP’s latest IG post if they’d offer 1/12 spacewalls again, and GTP said they’re trying to. So maybe if they manage to get through the Tantive IV product cycle, and get licensor approval, we might hopefully see a return of something more in line with the Death Star setting. (fingers crossed!)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Archrivals
CROM!

Mon Apr 26, 2021 2:45 pm

I remember stumbling around the web and finding this guy http://www.addamroberts.com/. He's an industrial designer that did concept work for these GTP dios..

Echo Base
Jabba's Palace
Bespin Gantry
Cloud City Hall Way
Tantive IV

His Star Wars section is locked down now. Makes me wish I saved those images.. ;-(
Rishi_Eel
HULK SMASH!

Mon May 10, 2021 6:06 am

Archrivals wrote:
Mon Apr 26, 2021 2:45 pm
I remember stumbling around the web and finding this guy http://www.addamroberts.com/. He's an industrial designer that did concept work for these GTP dios..

Echo Base
Jabba's Palace
Bespin Gantry
Cloud City Hall Way
Tantive IV

His Star Wars section is locked down now. Makes me wish I saved those images.. ;-(
The Wayback Machine has a copy of the site with all the images. I really hope that GTP is able to get back on track, because any one of those sets would be amazing!
343guiltyspark
Faster than a speeding bullet

Mon May 10, 2021 10:24 pm

Yak Face posted a preview of the Tantive IV physical prototype with LEDs

Prophet924
Thwipp!

GTP 1:12 Tantive IV news...???

Sat May 22, 2021 7:59 pm

mr Articulate
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Wed Jun 02, 2021 3:27 am

343guiltyspark wrote:
Mon May 10, 2021 10:24 pm
Yak Face posted a preview of the Tantive IV physical prototype with LEDs

Those blinking LEDs make me yearn for a classic Enterprise bridge - heck any 60's era computers - Batcave, Time Tunnel, "generic" lab....
supreme-d
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Thu Jun 03, 2021 5:19 am

This diorama looks so cool. Seems that becoming a licensed product hindered their business more than it helped.
SalemCrow
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Sun Jun 06, 2021 7:30 pm

supreme-d wrote:
This diorama looks so cool. Seems that becoming a licensed product hindered their business more than it helped.
I don't see how that's possible. When the other partner in your company leaves. and there is a global pandemic that makes going to the factory to inspect production first hand impossible, instead of having to wait until shipping channels (both freight and regular mail) opened up again, how could something this involved NOT experience delays.

Being an official piece of licensed Lucas Film merch has nothing to do with the delays.
supreme-d
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Mon Jun 07, 2021 5:03 pm

SalemCrow wrote:
Sun Jun 06, 2021 7:30 pm
supreme-d wrote:
I don't see how that's possible. When the other partner in your company leaves. and there is a global pandemic that makes going to the factory to inspect production first hand impossible, instead of having to wait until shipping channels (both freight and regular mail) opened up again, how could something this involved NOT experience delays.

Being an official piece of licensed Lucas Film merch has nothing to do with the delays.
Sheesh. I just was responding to what three other people above said about licensing oversees and the fact that they are “trying to” be able to sell the old spacewalls again but we’ve seen no progress on that yet. Indicates to me that licensor approval might be holding up that process. I never said anything about delays for the diorama or implied it was the company’s fault. Why are you chewing my head off about this?

Return to “Yavin 4: The Unofficial Star Wars Toy Board”

Recent Topics