Retro Kenner Star Wars reissues

MAY THE TOYS BE WITH YOU! - Star Wars Black series both 6 inch and 3 and 3/4, vintage, POTF2, whatever! If it's a toy related to Star Wars then come talk about it!
TheLoneToyman
Avengers Assemble
TheFwoosh.com rules: Yes

Re: Retro Kenner Star Wars reissues

Sat May 14, 2022 3:29 pm

captaincracker wrote:
Wed Feb 23, 2022 7:11 pm
Reefer Shark wrote:
Wed Feb 23, 2022 6:56 pm

captaincracker - that's impressive that you have almost all of the Kenner figures, I'm mighty jealous!
I really regret not getting pop up saber R2 back in the 90s when prices were reasonable. I felt like there was no point, now it's a hole in my collection. I'd love a vinyl cape Jawa, but that's never going to happen and I never cared about blue Snaggletooth.

I'm glad I got them decades ago, because prices on some of the POTF stuff is ridiculous now. I hope Hasbro gets some of those out in the Retro Collection.
Blue Snaggletooth was the bane of my collection when I was a little kid. I had all the other ANH figures, but not that one b/c I could never convince any of my relatives to buy it for me (or they just couldn't find it. IDK, I was like 3). I remember just looking at the catalog and wishing I had it.
NORM
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Sun May 15, 2022 5:06 am

Amazon delivered the rest between Friday and today, so I have the full set. I think my favorite thing about these is the soft goofs on Din and the Armorer. Much better alternative to the vinyl capes of wave one.

I wonder if they’ll do a third wave. I wouldn’t mind seeing other media getting this retro/vintage treatment. Would love the Rogue One crew or young Solo, Chewie, Lando, L337. Still so many I want from the actual vintage line to be redone too.
captaincracker
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Sun May 15, 2022 6:47 am

TheLoneToyman wrote:
Sat May 14, 2022 3:29 pm
captaincracker wrote:
Wed Feb 23, 2022 7:11 pm
Reefer Shark wrote:
Wed Feb 23, 2022 6:56 pm

captaincracker - that's impressive that you have almost all of the Kenner figures, I'm mighty jealous!
I really regret not getting pop up saber R2 back in the 90s when prices were reasonable. I felt like there was no point, now it's a hole in my collection. I'd love a vinyl cape Jawa, but that's never going to happen and I never cared about blue Snaggletooth.

I'm glad I got them decades ago, because prices on some of the POTF stuff is ridiculous now. I hope Hasbro gets some of those out in the Retro Collection.
Blue Snaggletooth was the bane of my collection when I was a little kid. I had all the other ANH figures, but not that one b/c I could never convince any of my relatives to buy it for me (or they just couldn't find it. IDK, I was like 3). I remember just looking at the catalog and wishing I had it.
I think that I never cared about blue Snaggletooth because I had no idea that it existed until the 90's. I also never knew about figures like Amanaman and Yak Face, but I was interested in them since they were actual on screen characters. I would instantly buy a reissue blue Snaggletooth, but I really don't have any nostalgia for it.

On the other hand, I feel like i should really try to find a pop up R2 to have what I would consider to be a complete vintage figure collection. The problem is that the prices are rediculous now and I have much better uses for $500+. I almost got one in the 90's from a friend's brother for a good price, but he decided to keep it in case he regretted selling it. Maybe I should just get the Stan Solo version instead.
Reefer Shark
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Wed May 25, 2022 11:49 pm

I must have this, and dont know why!

Apparently theyre hitting Disney parks right now.

=RickyLee=
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Thu May 26, 2022 5:58 am

I don’t have a need for that boxed set, since I already own all of the first wave of Retro Collection figures two times over.

It looks as though we will have the whole Obiwan Retro Collection wave revealed at Celebration this week. Hasbro Pulse debuted Reva today and she looks great.

I’m most exited for the prospect of a new vintage style Vader, considering there has only been one reused mold since 1978.
Prophet924
Thwipp!

Thu May 26, 2022 6:25 am

If that set had the droids and Obi Wan I would be more tempted. I gave Vader, 3PO, Han, and Chewie from figures my Mom gave me. I think it was her trying to make amends from not allowing me to have there when I was 5. But they are nice pieces.

Thwipp!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
NORM
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Thu May 26, 2022 1:25 pm

Yeah, I don't need that 6pack, since they just reissued all of those as singles a few years ago. If it was the remainder of the original 12, I'd be hitchhiking to Disney as we speak.
Reefer Shark
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Thu May 26, 2022 3:07 pm

I have absolutely no need for that boxed set either since I have all those figures X2 (one opened, one sealed).

It's all about how cool that box would look on display for me. Totally ridiculous that I want it, but I do. Curious on how much it costs?

edit:

Just found the pre-order page for this, in case anyone else actually wants this thing lol

https://www.shopdisney.com/star-wars-re ... 50562.html
Blackestday
IT'S CLOBBERIN TIME!

Thu May 26, 2022 3:33 pm

Reefer Shark wrote:
I have absolutely no need for that boxed set either since I have all those figures X2 (one opened, one sealed).

It's all about how cool that box would look on display for me. Totally ridiculous that I want it, but I do. Curious on how much it costs?

edit:

Just found the pre-order page for this, in case anyone else actually wants this thing lol

did wave 2 ever really become available? i think i saw them once like over a year ago in walmart. didn't get them because the paints were crap. eyes outside of the sockets and stuff. if i ever found them below reaction prices for the whole wave i might hunt down the others.
Reefer Shark
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Thu May 26, 2022 3:49 pm

Blackestday wrote:
Thu May 26, 2022 3:33 pm
Reefer Shark wrote:

edit:

did wave 2 ever really become available? i think i saw them once like over a year ago in walmart. didn't get them because the paints were crap. eyes outside of the sockets and stuff. if i ever found them below reaction prices for the whole wave i might hunt down the others.
It didnt seem like wave 2 hit in the same numbers to me, but it's hard to say. I remember finding wave 1 in abundance at Targets. I believe wave2 was only at WalMart, but my WalMarts suck really badly, so I never saw them at retail. I had to go the ebay route for my two sets, and I got lucky with the paint apps thank god!
NORM
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Thu May 26, 2022 4:22 pm

I ordered most of the ESB wave from Walmart's website. Everyone except Fett, who I only got one of through a third party. The rest were 2x, though I think I only got one Hoth Han to keep carded.
captaincracker
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Thu May 26, 2022 5:31 pm

I have the originals, the 90's 4 pack reissue and the latest reissue of those figures on shopdisney, but I'll still probably get that set if it lasts long enough for one of their 20% off sales. I'm so stupid sometimes when it comes to retro toys.
ODBJBG
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Thu May 26, 2022 6:33 pm

Bit frustrating as I paid a bit over retail for these a while back. Not much more than what this set works out to be, but still.

I wonder if they fixed the gummy issues from Wave 1 on these re-releases? Anyone know?
Reefer Shark
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Thu May 26, 2022 7:09 pm

That would nice if they did, that first wave was way too rubbery.

They also need to fix the hands so they actually hold the guns, that was the bigger issue for me!
captaincracker
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Thu May 26, 2022 7:49 pm

I never opened wave 1, only wave 2. Were they really that bad? It sucks if they can't hold their weapons. I don't recall any issues with the ESB figures.

Return to “Yavin 4: The Unofficial Star Wars Toy Board”