Star Wars The Vintage Collection

MAY THE TOYS BE WITH YOU! - Star Wars Black series both 6 inch and 3 and 3/4, vintage, POTF2, whatever! If it's a toy related to Star Wars then come talk about it!
captaincracker
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!
TheFwoosh.com rules: Yes

Re: Star Wars The Vintage Collection

Wed Apr 14, 2021 11:41 pm

supermonkey wrote:
Wed Apr 14, 2021 5:02 pm
OOPS. Early arrival!
My cards aren't the cleanest -- look about like what I would have found at retail -- but these figures are nice.

Is Leia a little..... "shtoopy"?
I got my case today too from Dorkside. Same thing, the cards could have been a little nicer for a sealed case. Not that they were in bad shape, but they have some light warping. I was surprised to find only 2 of the child and an extra Greef instead. Did the assortment change or is my memory wrong? I thought they were packed 3 and 1. Can't say I'm upset about that.
dorksidetoys
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Thu Apr 15, 2021 12:12 am

captaincracker wrote:
Wed Apr 14, 2021 11:41 pm
supermonkey wrote:
Wed Apr 14, 2021 5:02 pm
OOPS. Early arrival!
My cards aren't the cleanest -- look about like what I would have found at retail -- but these figures are nice.

Is Leia a little..... "shtoopy"?
I got my case today too from Dorkside. Same thing, the cards could have been a little nicer for a sealed case. Not that they were in bad shape, but they have some light warping. I was surprised to find only 2 of the child and an extra Greef instead. Did the assortment change or is my memory wrong? I thought they were packed 3 and 1. Can't say I'm upset about that.
It did change and Hasbro did not notify us of the change......not that they ever do.
captaincracker
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Thu Apr 15, 2021 12:19 am

dorksidetoys wrote:

It did change and Hasbro did not notify us of the change......not that they ever do.
Thanks for the info (and the toys too!)! Glad my memory isn't fading, but like I said, I'm happy about the change.
Buttmunch
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Thu Apr 15, 2021 5:10 am

If the three Greefs making their home on the pegs at my Walmart is any indication, that switch wasn’t a good one. Still haven’t seen a Grogu or Boba so they easily could have used that other slot over an extra Greef. At least in my parts even the black series version of him is starting to peg warm.
crosshair
Avengers Assemble

Thu Apr 15, 2021 6:55 pm

Buttmunch wrote:
Thu Apr 15, 2021 5:10 am
If the three Greefs making their home on the pegs at my Walmart is any indication, that switch wasn’t a good one. Still haven’t seen a Grogu or Boba so they easily could have used that other slot over an extra Greef. At least in my parts even the black series version of him is starting to peg warm.
It seems to be a theme with both Greef and Lando, always able to find them on pegs. Wonder if we'll see the same thing for the upcoming ESB Lando.
JPC
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Thu Apr 15, 2021 7:12 pm

Yeah, swapping a Grogu for a Greef was a bad call. I was in Alabama the last two weeks and watched at least eight cases of this wave hit by counting the Leias. The first case I only found Zutton and two Greefs, and grabbed one with a GREAT likeness.

The next day I found four full cases. Then more cases the next day or two and another case when I left. I picked up a couple Leias (was in a rush and didn't have time to inspect), two Bobas and two Grogus (same) and when I left town the only figures left on the pegs were ALL the Zuttons, ALL the Greefs and three Leias. And they were OVERFLOWING three full pegs.

Hasbro should have stuck with their initial casepack - and they ABSOLUTELY should have alerted retailers. Sure hope you can get a credit for all the extra stock you are likely to get stuck with, DST.
supermonkey
teh awsum

Thu Apr 15, 2021 9:01 pm

dorksidetoys wrote:

Bastards.

Their livestream segment was also quite tiresome.
captaincracker
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Thu Apr 15, 2021 9:37 pm

It may have been a bad overall decision, but I'm selfishly happy to get a second Greef instead of a third child.
mrboshek
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Mon Apr 19, 2021 6:49 pm

Dorkside shipped RotJ Boba. I've been holding off opening the one I currently have to keep the better of two moc.
mrboshek
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Sat Apr 24, 2021 4:09 pm

I saw a bunch of Skiff and General Landos at Ollie's. For some reason General Lando was $5.99, while the Skiff disguise was $7.99. Not sure if Ollie's is getting assortments or all Lando.
NorrinRadd
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Sun Apr 25, 2021 3:19 pm

TVC Mando retro wave spotted at Walmart today.
Mister Skeezler
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Sun Apr 25, 2021 4:58 pm

I really need that updated TVC Boba Fett, stat! I still have the older Fett stinking up the background of my Jabba's Palace.

I have him pre-ordered at Amazon and Pulse, but they're both taking their time.

misterskeezler on Instagram

crosshair
Avengers Assemble

Tue Apr 27, 2021 4:51 pm

Awesome dio setup, especially the lighting!
Mister Skeezler
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Tue Apr 27, 2021 10:43 pm

crosshair wrote:Awesome dio setup, especially the lighting!
Thanks!

And it'll be even better when Fett arrives on Thursday. Finally an update to my Amazon order!

captaincracker
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Wed Apr 28, 2021 4:15 am

Mister Skeezler wrote:
Sun Apr 25, 2021 4:58 pm
I really need that updated TVC Boba Fett, stat! I still have the older Fett stinking up the background of my Jabba's Palace.

I have him pre-ordered at Amazon and Pulse, but they're both taking their time.

That diorama is amazing and I feel like my Jabba setup sucks now. If you have any other dioramas, I would love to see some pictures.

Return to “Yavin 4: The Unofficial Star Wars Toy Board”