Star Wars The Vintage Collection

MAY THE TOYS BE WITH YOU! - Star Wars Black series both 6 inch and 3 and 3/4, vintage, POTF2, whatever! If it's a toy related to Star Wars then come talk about it!
yojoebro82
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!
TheFwoosh.com rules: Yes

Re: Star Wars The Vintage Collection

Thu May 20, 2021 11:52 am

mrboshek wrote:
Sun May 16, 2021 12:08 am
I saw Endor Han, Hoth Luke, Ackbar, and Royal Guard at Target, so these waves continue to be one and done at my stores.
A very unexciting wave......and that's saying something seeing as how Ackbar and ERG are pretty great figures. They (and Han) have also been rereleased in the 3.75" Black Series, so anyone who wanted them should have them by now. That Hoth Luke and Endor Han have had I don't know how many reissues each. One of those waves we have to suffer through waiting for the next wave with actual new stuff. Also, "one and done" can describe just about any shipment of any wave to any store. How often do fans actually get a chance at a restock of anything? How often does a store put out 3 or 4 cases of an assortment? One of the sad things about modern collecting I'm afraid.

Sorry, bad week at work. My next post will be more positive.
Reefer Shark
IT'S CLOBBERIN TIME!

Thu May 20, 2021 7:45 pm

Scotch n Ciggs wrote:
Thu May 20, 2021 6:36 am
LipSmack wrote:
Thu May 20, 2021 3:44 am
Scotch n Ciggs wrote:
Mon May 17, 2021 4:14 am
My rotj boba fett order from bbts arrived this weekend. Pretty good Fett and looks good in slave 1.
Congrats, can I ask, was it the corrected version with the sensor bar? And when did you order? Was it recently?
Ordered two recently and both showed up with sensor bars.
That's good to hear! I got two from pulse already, both do not have the sensor bars. Im hoping the one at BBTS does have it like yours did so I end up with one of each version to keep carded :)
yojoebro82 wrote:
mrboshek wrote:
I saw Endor Han, Hoth Luke, Ackbar, and Royal Guard at Target, so these waves continue to be one and done at my stores.
A very unexciting wave......and that's saying something seeing as how Ackbar and ERG are pretty great figures. They (and Han) have also been rereleased in the 3.75" Black Series, so anyone who wanted them should have them by now. That Hoth Luke and Endor Han have had I don't know how many reissues each. One of those waves we have to suffer through waiting for the next wave with actual new stuff. Also, "one and done" can describe just about any shipment of any wave to any store. How often do fans actually get a chance at a restock of anything? How often does a store put out 3 or 4 cases of an assortment? One of the sad things about modern collecting I'm afraid.

I think the TVC line suffers the hardest from the "one and done" thing. Honestly the amount I see on the shelves is so pathetic, you could just say doesn't exist at regular retail (at least in my area). I would say I have to get 99% of my TVC figures online at this point.
El Honez
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Thu May 20, 2021 9:48 pm

That TVC Hoth Luke is wacky. It's only accurate for like 1.5 seconds of screen-time.

1. Luke is fully "wrapped" with scarf & goggles on tauntaun [figure captures this]
2. Luke removes the scarf (it dangles) and puts his goggles on his forehead [figure cannot reproduce this]
3. Luke is knocked TFO by the wampa, now has a dangling scarf with no goggles and a big scar on his face [figure cannot reproduce this]
Scotch n Ciggs
CROM!

Fri May 21, 2021 3:52 pm

Reefer Shark wrote:
Scotch n Ciggs wrote:
LipSmack wrote:
Thu May 20, 2021 3:44 am

Congrats, can I ask, was it the corrected version with the sensor bar? And when did you order? Was it recently?
That's good to hear! I got two from pulse already, both do not have the sensor bars. Im hoping the one at BBTS does have it like yours did so I end up with one of each version to keep carded :)
yojoebro82 wrote:
mrboshek wrote:

I think the TVC line suffers the hardest from the "one and done" thing. Honestly the amount I see on the shelves is so pathetic, you could just say doesn't exist at regular retail (at least in my area). I would say I have to get 99% of my TVC figures online at this point.
I agree the limited runs and not restocking shelves hurts the line. Also hope your fetts not only have the sensor bars sculpted but they took the time to paint them. Otherwise there's that variant to include.
supermonkey
teh awsum

Fri May 21, 2021 8:03 pm

El Honez wrote:
Thu May 20, 2021 9:48 pm
That TVC Hoth Luke is wacky. It's only accurate for like 1.5 seconds of screen-time.

1. Luke is fully "wrapped" with scarf & goggles on tauntaun [figure captures this]
2. Luke removes the scarf (it dangles) and puts his goggles on his forehead [figure cannot reproduce this]
3. Luke is knocked TFO by the wampa, now has a dangling scarf with no goggles and a big scar on his face [figure cannot reproduce this]
The fact that they re-did this figure but didn't have at least one of those other looks covered is a bit infuriating.
I have an older figure that has the goggles-up//scarf undone look -- I mean just pack in an extra head!

But at least they gave him those SHOULDERS.
Reefer Shark
IT'S CLOBBERIN TIME!

Sat May 22, 2021 2:25 am

Scotch n Ciggs wrote:
Fri May 21, 2021 3:52 pm
Reefer Shark wrote:
Scotch n Ciggs wrote:

yojoebro82 wrote:

I agree the limited runs and not restocking shelves hurts the line. Also hope your fetts not only have the sensor bars sculpted but they took the time to paint them. Otherwise there's that variant to include.
Oh wow, I didnt know there was a 3rd variant on Fett. Thanks for the heads up, I really just want a good fully complete figure mainly, so if I get the unpainted bar version, the hunt will still be on!
crosshair
Avengers Assemble

Mon Jun 07, 2021 4:32 pm

Went ahead and picked up the Vintage Collection Snowspeeder in box at a toy show yesterday. The lack of current releases has me going back and filling holes in my collection that I missed out on from years ago, but now I need a snowspeeder costume Luke and Dak to go with it.
Mister Skeezler
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Mon Jun 07, 2021 4:36 pm

crosshair wrote:Went ahead and picked up the Vintage Collection Snowspeeder in box at a toy show yesterday. The lack of current releases has me going back and filling holes in my collection that I missed out on from years ago, but now I need a snowspeeder costume Luke and Dak to go with it.
That thing is excellent!

misterskeezler on Instagram

Reefer Shark
IT'S CLOBBERIN TIME!

Mon Jun 07, 2021 4:47 pm

crosshair wrote:
Went ahead and picked up the Vintage Collection Snowspeeder in box at a toy show yesterday. The lack of current releases has me going back and filling holes in my collection that I missed out on from years ago, but now I need a snowspeeder costume Luke and Dak to go with it.
Congrats, that's one of the best little vehicles in the line! It goes so well with the Legacy AT-AT.

I've been on a huge vehicle catch up mission lately too, selling off the old Hot Toys collection to get the big/expensive ships. Just picked ap a loose 3 3/4" disney parks Starspeeder 1000, and a minty sealed in box AT-TE, so stoked!

Now im after the Turbo Tank, Imperal Shuttle, and MTT. If anyone has any leads on decent deals on these, please let me know! :)
crosshair
Avengers Assemble

Tue Jun 08, 2021 12:37 am

Reefer Shark wrote:
Mon Jun 07, 2021 4:47 pm
crosshair wrote:
Congrats, that's one of the best little vehicles in the line! It goes so well with the Legacy AT-AT.

I've been on a huge vehicle catch up mission lately too, selling off the old Hot Toys collection to get the big/expensive ships. Just picked ap a loose 3 3/4" disney parks Starspeeder 1000, and a minty sealed in box AT-TE, so stoked!

Now im after the Turbo Tank, Imperal Shuttle, and MTT. If anyone has any leads on decent deals on these, please let me know! :)
Haha, I've been keeping an eye on the Starspeeder 1000 too! I have no connection to the ride (we must not have went on it when I was a kid), but it still looks like a very neat toy.
Reefer Shark
IT'S CLOBBERIN TIME!

Star Wars The Vintage Collection

Tue Jun 08, 2021 7:07 pm

crosshair wrote:
Haha, I've been keeping an eye on the Starspeeder 1000 too! I have no connection to the ride (we must not have went on it when I was a kid), but it still looks like a very neat toy.
Nice! I came across this and the sandcrawler at Disneyworld some years ago and went home with the sandcrawler, shoulda got this instead! New ones are too expensive, so I had to settle for a slightly beat up used one lol

It is a very neat toy indeed! guns flip out and lightup, doors open and close and make the same sounds as the actual ride. The headlights light up. The inside is a great replication of the ride, with rows of seats, the viewscreen and even a dedicated spot to put RX-24 in to pilot it. And it makes all kinds of sounds from the ride. Super cool!
ImageImageImage
Amazing_Spider-Man
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Wed Jun 09, 2021 5:08 pm

Finally getting Bo Katan!

Why are they making a big deal out of Hoth Luke again?
sepster
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Wed Jun 09, 2021 5:27 pm

Amazing_Spider-Man wrote:
Wed Jun 09, 2021 5:08 pm
Finally getting Bo Katan!

Why are they making a big deal out of Hoth Luke again?

Bo Katan looks great.

That's actually the Hoth Rebel Trooper, not Hoth Luke. Photo Real deco and a trooper builder.

Vintage Collection reveals:

Mythrol
Kuiil

Coming down the road:

Bib Fortuna
Lobot
Navarro Cantina Playset (the Mandalorian)

The 2021 Star Wars HasLab campaign will be for the Black Series (but not a vehicle).
supermonkey
teh awsum

Wed Jun 09, 2021 5:57 pm

Excellent news. Bib Fortuna and Lobot are LONG overdue.
Pretty solid reveals here.

They also mentioned a Merrick Antoc X-Wing (Rogue 1) in TVC....
sepster
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Wed Jun 09, 2021 7:14 pm

Blue Leader was revealed back in April. Very excited for that one. It's a Target exclusive, so hopefully Hasbro and Target have got their act together for that one.

Return to “Yavin 4: The Unofficial Star Wars Toy Board”