Star Wars The Vintage Collection

MAY THE TOYS BE WITH YOU! - Star Wars Black series both 6 inch and 3 and 3/4, vintage, POTF2, whatever! If it's a toy related to Star Wars then come talk about it!
Benedict
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!
TheFwoosh.com rules: Yes

Re: Star Wars The Vintage Collection

Sun Oct 02, 2022 12:06 am

No figures with the updated knees unfortunately, and Hunter seems to have the diagonal hips (arc trooper style). Was hoping to see the new scout trooper and bike.
Picked up the Mando/Gideon set, not very happy at paying £112 for 2 regular, 1 large, 1 mini figure and some flame effects. Hoping the box is a bit more diorama-y than it first appeared.
Threash
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Sun Oct 02, 2022 2:02 am

Vel looks like a GI Joe, that's a freaking AK she's packing.
Reefer Shark
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Sun Oct 02, 2022 4:46 pm

Threash wrote:
I noticed that too, and noticed right away in the show.

Its a great show, but that weapon is a miss from the prop makers for me. I think the curved magazine is where they lost me on it. I think It would have went a bit further with detaching it from our reality if it didn't look like its designed to hold rounds.

Small nitpick, but It definitely stands out to me too.
GrumpyMatt
CROM!

Sun Oct 02, 2022 4:57 pm

Reefer Shark wrote:
Sun Oct 02, 2022 4:46 pm
Threash wrote:
I noticed that too, and noticed right away in the show.

Its a great show, but that weapon is a miss from the prop makers for me. I think the curved magazine is where they lost me on it. I think It would have went a bit further with detaching it from our reality if it didn't look like its designed to hold rounds.

Small nitpick, but It definitely stands out to me too.
I can't figure out what that's all about. Why use a prop so blatantly recognizable? A nod to A New Hope and some of the weapons there? It's literally the only negative thing I can say about this show but every time I saw them in the episode it took me right out of it.
sepster
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Sun Oct 02, 2022 5:25 pm

I certainly hope there is more 40th ROTJ coming. Han Solo and a bunch of Jabba Guard re-packs would be pretty underwhelming (and that Han had better be a top-to-bottom new sculpt).

I am excited to see what the Endor Bunker playset looks like.
crosshair
IT'S CLOBBERIN TIME!

Sun Oct 02, 2022 6:59 pm

I'm glad to get another chance at the ROTJ aliens that are being re-released, I wasn't collecting Star Wars during their original run.
Nik
CROM!

Sun Oct 02, 2022 8:51 pm

crosshair wrote:
Sun Oct 02, 2022 6:59 pm
I'm glad to get another chance at the ROTJ aliens that are being re-released, I wasn't collecting Star Wars during their original run.
That's me as well. I went through a period of time where I collected other things besides action figures that lasted from '03 to like '16. So I missed out on a lot from every line I collect now, especially TVC. I buy many of the reissues and I'm glad for the opportunity, even though I end up with a bunch of diaper-hipped funky articulation figures with shiny new heads, most of the time I'm just happy to finally have the character in my collection.

Got my Axe Woves in the mail today, and he has some sticky ankles and loose torso issues, but I still love him. Hella cool to finally have the whole squad. I will say, I wish they gave him an alternate helmeted head like Bo Katan and Koska Reeves, because homeboy got a big ol' melon when that helmet is on. Especially compared to his teammates. Dude looks like a toddler with their heavy-ass bowling ball heads swinging around and smashing into anyone and everything.
maverick10126
Have You Heard About Todd's DC Line?

Sun Oct 02, 2022 8:56 pm

I’m mostly done with SW collecting in general but I have the barge and I’m going to start printing Jabbas palace out…soooo…yeah any of those aliens I’m down for. I doubt I’ll ever truly quit the line.
NORM
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Sun Oct 02, 2022 9:27 pm

Yeah, Axe Woves’ helmet is really big, obviously to accommodate a head inside, but he looks way out of proportion as a result.
Buttmunch
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Sun Oct 02, 2022 10:35 pm

Only one with a removable helmet that has looked good lately has been Boba Fett. Having a bald head really helps with that though. I would prefer they stick to the alternate head approach used brilliantly on the recent females. I also hate worrying about the paint when taking helmets on and off. Over the years I turned that original Darth Vader with a removable helmet into a special edition version because I had worn his eyebrows off with repeated unmaskings.
Amazing_Spider-Man
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Sun Oct 02, 2022 10:43 pm

I'm pretty annoyed that they're moving away from alternate helmeted heads. Pretty disappointed to find out that Axe had a removable helmet when I went to pull it from the packaging and it bent.
Benedict
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Sun Oct 02, 2022 10:44 pm

I think Axe uses a Boba Fett size helmet, which is bigger than Din and the ‘Owl’ helmets. A comparison to the ROTJ Boba might show if it’s too big.

Ru_1977 would know the details.
Amazing_Spider-Man
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Sun Oct 02, 2022 10:52 pm

I have Axe in hand right now, no need to compare it to helmeted sculpts to see it's too big.
Joda
Avengers Assemble

Mon Oct 03, 2022 2:19 pm

Okay, now I'm annoyed I just fell into this show. So B2EMO was a ShopDisney exclusive? I'm kind of pissed. :lol:
PresidentJuggernaut
Avengers Assemble

Mon Oct 03, 2022 6:40 pm

Thursday I had my Axe Woves canceled on me because I missed updating the new card number on the order after my CC was compromised recently. Something similar had happened before, when a card expired or something, but Target allowed me to update the payment that time and didn't just cancel on me. But Saturday I found a single one on pegs in a store, so no harm, no foul.

Axe's helmet really should have been swappable with that hairdo... primarily I think the helmet looks too tall above the visor. Like a Mando helmet for The Leader.

Return to “Yavin 4: The Unofficial Star Wars Toy Board”