Star Wars The Vintage Collection

MAY THE TOYS BE WITH YOU! - Star Wars Black series both 6 inch and 3 and 3/4, vintage, POTF2, whatever! If it's a toy related to Star Wars then come talk about it!
crosshair
IT'S CLOBBERIN TIME!
TheFwoosh.com rules: Yes

Re: Star Wars The Vintage Collection

Mon Sep 26, 2022 3:07 pm

NORM wrote:
Sat Sep 24, 2022 2:48 pm
So I stumbled across Boba Fett (Morak) at Target. I figured I'd pick up a couple, one to open, one to keep carded. Scanned them at 20.99?!?!??!? And I still bought them, but I hate myself for it. Why in the world is this figure so insanely priced? Is it exclusive to Target? Has the Teeka virus spread? I threw up in my mouth at self check out, when I seriously debated scanning just one and walking out with two. Then looked deeply into the security video monitor back at myself and scanned the second with so much self loathing. "You are a disappointment for caving on this."
The Boba tax is real. Between this and the "deluxe" Boba that came out over the summer they're definitely charging more for him for some reason.
Reefer Shark
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Mon Sep 26, 2022 4:29 pm

It's really really wierd. They do the exact same thing on the Black series, and I just dont get it. Does anyone have any kind of explanation for this, or is it really just Hasbro being greedy?

I'm shamefully buying two of those Morak Boba's as well... I feel so dirty.
MisterPL
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Mon Sep 26, 2022 6:31 pm

I'm on the lookout for Boba since Target cancelled my order yesterday. Their system wouldn't allow me to update my payment info. Axe Woves is still on the way though. [fingers crossed]
captaincracker
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Mon Sep 26, 2022 11:48 pm

That's just disgusting to see such a price hike on Boba Fett. Unfortunately, they know people will pay for it and even if they sell less, they still make just as much.
MisterPL
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Tue Sep 27, 2022 4:12 pm

I read a story about someone who got caught swapping UPCs on figures. They had UPCs of clearance figures printed on stickers and would just slap them over the correct ones. Idiot got caught because a cashier noticed a sticker peeling off. Dumb way to get a criminal record.

"What are you in for?"
"Making toys more affordable for my pitiful budget."
chaosMonkeyPoo
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Tue Sep 27, 2022 5:07 pm

I too am in the shameful "shocked at Boba's price but still bought 2" club.

AND I did it twice because I bought two of the 6" Droids Boba at the same but time. I justify it to myself as I've basically gotten out of the line entirely outside of Boba & Din Djarin figures.
sepster
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Tue Sep 27, 2022 5:16 pm

I'm only getting one Boba, but I have him on PO to ship to home, which means I'm paying nearly $29 for one. I don't know if that should make me feel better or worse than the x2 crowd?

Anywho, Axe Woves is paid and on his way, scheduled for Monday delivery. Spider-Man Noir and the Bombastic Bag-Man are scheduled for next week delivery from Target, as well.
Reefer Shark
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Tue Sep 27, 2022 5:50 pm

They charged you for Axe already? I got the "Oct 2nd" email, does this mean Im gonna get hit with the axes, TVC and Black Boba's all at the same time? Time to lineup the hobby cash!
mrboshek
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Tue Sep 27, 2022 8:27 pm

Target had one figure left from the new wave, Ahsoka's clone. The very same figure I have in transit from Dorkside for $23.38.
sepster
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Tue Sep 27, 2022 9:04 pm

Reefer Shark wrote:
Tue Sep 27, 2022 5:50 pm
They charged you for Axe already? I got the "Oct 2nd" email, does this mean Im gonna get hit with the axes, TVC and Black Boba's all at the same time? Time to lineup the hobby cash!
Yup, got the Target email at 11:56AM today and just now got the email from UPS confirming delivery for Saturday.

BTW, Walmart still has the two Bespin Guards and the updated ANH Stormtrooper (and Marvel Legends Retro Lizard) pegged for delivery by 10/6 too. So yeah, stuff is hitting from all over the place.
Reefer Shark
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Tue Sep 27, 2022 10:54 pm

Damn. I never managed to get orders in for the WM Bespin guard and ANH stormy, and I absolutely need them. Going to have to do the camp out on the webpage thing after the fact I suppose. But yeah, going to be an expensive week. I have a bunch of non SW/Marvel stuff about to hit at BBTS as well. No mercy!
Benedict
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Tue Sep 27, 2022 11:21 pm

Has anyone boil/popped the death watch or more recent mando troopers? Not sure what I’m dealing with at the torso and waist.
kojigritton
Runs Around in Tights

Wed Sep 28, 2022 4:27 am

Benedict wrote:Has anyone boil/popped the death watch or more recent mando troopers? Not sure what I’m dealing with at the torso and waist.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
AdrienVeidt
A Smaller Man of a Smaller Scale

Wed Sep 28, 2022 1:25 pm

I wish they'd ditch that stupid sub-knee swivel that humans don't have in favor of a second knee hinge. Maybe in another 40years' time...
Trunks3540
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Wed Sep 28, 2022 2:12 pm

I think that's their way of doing a calf swivel, and then trying to hide it. It does still look dumb though when you move them out from center alot of the time.

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

Return to “Yavin 4: The Unofficial Star Wars Toy Board”