Star Wars The Vintage Collection

MAY THE TOYS BE WITH YOU! - Star Wars Black series both 6 inch and 3 and 3/4, vintage, POTF2, whatever! If it's a toy related to Star Wars then come talk about it!
Reefer Shark
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!
TheFwoosh.com rules: Yes

Re: Star Wars The Vintage Collection

Tue May 24, 2022 3:48 pm

That's wierd, I got the same generic delay message for all three figures from Wal-Mart - "1 item now arriving between Tue, May 24 - Mon, Jul 25".

But I got a shipping confirmation for one of them already (not sue which one becuase I dont want to decipher and keep track of these code names). Wondering if I'll get shipping notifications for the others now?

Also got early processing notices for 501st Clone, Fennec, and Yoda from pulse, so it'll be raining TVC soon I suppose!
NORM
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Tue May 24, 2022 6:03 pm

I found like 10 Droids Artoos today, and picked the best card, which was still kinda warped. Target also notified me that my PO Artoo shipped. No sign of Boba Fett in person or online.
captaincracker
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Wed May 25, 2022 4:19 pm

I got my first of 2 Droids R2s in the mail today and it was crushed. They shipped it in a bag. I hope the second one arrives in better shape. My 2 Bobas are still on their way, but both C-3POs arrived in great shape a while ago.
Reefer Shark
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Wed May 25, 2022 4:50 pm

That's crap.

Oh god target, please dont send my Boba in a bag! Please!
NORM
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Wed May 25, 2022 6:12 pm

I didn't secure a Boba PO. I've missed them entirely in person. I'm not even mad.
Nik
IT'S CLOBBERIN TIME!

Wed May 25, 2022 6:15 pm

Artoo and Boba just got delivered by UPS, and Target packed them in individual boxes with an air bag in each. This did not prevent the R2 card to be bent to shit, with a huge, wrinkly crease right up the middle. Boba's card is warped as hell, but no deep creases, thankfully.

Still might save the cards and try to salvage them for a background for a Droids/Ewoks display. Now what the hell do I do with these coins?
captaincracker
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Reefer Shark wrote:
That's crap.

Yeah. Even if these weren't collectibles, I don't understand the way companies ship things sometimes. You'd think they would want items to arrive in undamaged packages. I don't want any items I buy to have damage to the boxes.
If I needed a blender and saw a crushed box in the store, you can bet that I wouldn't but that one. Also, what if these things are gifts?
supermonkey
teh awsum

Wed May 25, 2022 8:23 pm

captaincracker wrote:
Reefer Shark wrote:
That's crap.

Yeah. Even if these weren't collectibles, I don't understand the way companies ship things sometimes. You'd think they would want items to arrive in undamaged packages. I don't want any items I buy to have damage to the boxes.
If I needed a blender and saw a crushed box in the store, you can bet that I wouldn't but that one. Also, what if these things are gifts?
Actually, ordering as gift is a very good idea. In my experience, it's a lot less likely to have your item mailed in an envelope, at least.
MisterPL
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Wed May 25, 2022 8:26 pm

I couldn't help myself. Despite pre-ordering a Death Watch Mandalorian I bought another when I saw it in the wild. I thought, hey, it's an army-builder. But it's really not.

After some research I discovered that Death Watch customizes the markings on their armor. This figure has two stripes running across his pauldron, chest, and thigh. The one that snatched up young Din had three stripes. Another only had one stripe.

Now I'm wondering what the best way is to remove tampo printing on action figures. I see nail polish remover (acetone) suggested for other surfaces but I'm not sure how well it would work on ABS and PVC material used on figures.

Any insight would be welcome. (Happy 45th anniversary, Star Wars!)
NORM
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Wed May 25, 2022 9:47 pm

MisterPL wrote:
Wed May 25, 2022 8:26 pm
I couldn't help myself. Despite pre-ordering a Death Watch Mandalorian I bought another when I saw it in the wild. I thought, hey, it's an army-builder. But it's really not.

After some research I discovered that Death Watch customizes the markings on their armor. This figure has two stripes running across his pauldron, chest, and thigh. The one that snatched up young Din had three stripes. Another only had one stripe.

Now I'm wondering what the best way is to remove tampo printing on action figures. I see nail polish remover (acetone) suggested for other surfaces but I'm not sure how well it would work on ABS and PVC material used on figures.

Any insight would be welcome. (Happy 45th anniversary, Star Wars!)
I use acetone on both PVC and ABS. It usually doesn't affect PVC in a bad way, but use the acetone sparingly. I dip a Q-tip into the acetone, then spin it while I'm wiping the paint off the desired area. I'll blow on the area lightly so the acetone dries/evaporates right away. This is especially important on ABS plastic, as I've found that acetone melts the ABS much faster than PVC. Others might have more sound advice or tried and true techniques for paint removal, but that's worked for me for years. I hear paint brush cleaner is much safer.
MisterPL
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Wed May 25, 2022 10:55 pm

NORM wrote:
Wed May 25, 2022 9:47 pm
I use acetone on both PVC and ABS. It usually doesn't affect PVC in a bad way, but use the acetone sparingly. I dip a Q-tip into the acetone, then spin it while I'm wiping the paint off the desired area. I'll blow on the area lightly so the acetone dries/evaporates right away. This is especially important on ABS plastic, as I've found that acetone melts the ABS much faster than PVC. Others might have more sound advice or tried and true techniques for paint removal, but that's worked for me for years. I hear paint brush cleaner is much safer.
Thanks, NORM! I thought of giving paint brush cleaner a try as well. I'm just worried about the area having a different finish than the rest of the plastic (more matte?) but I suppose I could spray it with a light touch of clear coat. Nothing glossy, of course. Just something to even it out if needed.
Reefer Shark
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Wed May 25, 2022 11:47 pm

supermonkey wrote:
captaincracker wrote:
Reefer Shark wrote:
That's crap.

Actually, ordering as gift is a very good idea. In my experience, it's a lot less likely to have your item mailed in an envelope, at least.
Thanks for the tip! I’ll try that on my next order.
mrboshek
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Thu May 26, 2022 12:49 pm

Amazon has sent the last two TVC orders in a slightly too small of a box. They have to push the card into the box. I forgot to cancel my Fennecs after finding a case at Target and for some reason, I placed two separate Amazon orders for Shand. Since the cards were bent, I returned one to Target rather than owning three loose non-army builders. My excessive preordering problem continued today when Pulse took payment for Ahsoka. I don't even remember preordering her from Pulse.
NORM
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Thu May 26, 2022 1:17 pm

Pulse charged me for Ahsoka, Fennec Shand, and a Death Watch. Hopefully those cards aren't mangled. Pulse is usually decent about it.
sepster
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Thu May 26, 2022 2:11 pm

Yeah, ESB Yoda (VC218), Death Watch Mando (VC219), Fennec Shand (VC221), Ahsoka Tano (VC222), and 501st Clone Trooper (VC240) are incoming from Pulse.

Return to “Yavin 4: The Unofficial Star Wars Toy Board”