Star Wars The Vintage Collection

MAY THE TOYS BE WITH YOU! - Star Wars Black series both 6 inch and 3 and 3/4, vintage, POTF2, whatever! If it's a toy related to Star Wars then come talk about it!
Reefer Shark
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!
TheFwoosh.com rules: Yes

Re: Star Wars The Vintage Collection

Thu Jan 13, 2022 9:28 pm

I found a decent deal on the Droid Factory mandalorian set on ebay, so I grabbed two sets.

Totally worth it for the boat pilot alone, pretty happy with this. Glad I didnt miss out on these for my mando collection!

TENIME_art
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Thu Jan 13, 2022 10:53 pm

Ugh, I just want MA-13... :|
Reefer Shark
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Thu Jan 13, 2022 10:57 pm

Yeah, he's where it's at! R1 is pretty cool too, will need a big old devaronian to toss him around like in the show.

I could easily live without the other two R2 units though..
Reefer Shark
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Sun Jan 16, 2022 5:30 pm

Nevarro cantina set is in stock at BBTS:

https://www.bigbadtoystore.com/Product/ ... ils/181628
Buttmunch
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Mon Jan 17, 2022 7:19 pm

The rebel fleet trooper 4 pack is in stock at shop Disney now.
Reefer Shark
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Mon Jan 17, 2022 10:14 pm

looking forward to the rebel fleet trooper set. After watching a youtube review, I feel its a pretty perfect set to go with the tantive iv playset.

I got Bo Katan/Mythrol/Kuiil from pulse today. Another fantastic group of tvc figures. Theyre really knocking these out of the park these days!

captaincracker
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Tue Jan 18, 2022 1:20 am

Reading about the Rebel 4 pack reminded me that I never opened my Stormtrooper ones. I really like the figures. I haven't gotten a new Stormtrooper in a few years since I already have a bunch, but I really like the shine on the armor. I'm not sure what all the differences are from the older SA ones, but they are great figures.
Buttmunch
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Tue Jan 18, 2022 5:15 am

I had never been a Stormtrooper army builder until these new Rogue One molds came out. For the first time Stormtroopers finally looked like Stormtroopers. The helmet sculpt on these new figures is just fantastic. The upcoming Mando deluxe set updated the legs with rocker ankles but that has been really been the only issue with these new figures. Now I’ve got a couple dozen of them. 16 from the new 4 packs alone. The four packs are perfect sets with the removable pauldron on the squad leader giving you the option of 4 regular troops or 1 commander if you wish. The Shoretrooper and Rebel Fleet trooper aren’t as nice because of the designated commander that is much more unique, but still welcome additions.
sepster
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Tue Jan 18, 2022 6:11 pm

I have to agree on this latest Stormtrooper, it's the most accurate-looking Stormtrooper yet. I absolutely love it. I think I'm up to 18 now (two from Rogue One and 16 from the trooper pack). As Buttmunch said, the helmet sculpt is just fantastic.
captaincracker
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Tue Jan 18, 2022 6:52 pm

Buttmunch wrote:
Tue Jan 18, 2022 5:15 am
I had never been a Stormtrooper army builder until these new Rogue One molds came out. For the first time Stormtroopers finally looked like Stormtroopers. The helmet sculpt on these new figures is just fantastic.
I couldn't agree more. The helmets are absolutely beautiful and stuck out immediately. I didn't notice how much better they were until I just compared them with an old one. Don't get me wrong, I still like the old ones, but these are a lot better. I wish I had bought more than 2 of the 4 packs.
sepster
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Thu Jan 20, 2022 3:30 pm

My Maldo Kreis Mando & Grogu set from Walmart finally shipped and should be delivered tomorrow (Friday). Yay!
NORM
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Thu Jan 20, 2022 4:23 pm

sepster wrote:
Thu Jan 20, 2022 3:30 pm
My Maldo Kreis Mando & Grogu set from Walmart finally shipped and should be delivered tomorrow (Friday). Yay!
Same! I forgot I had that ordered.

I also have a bunch of stuff coming from Pulse today. Mythrol, Kuiil, Bo Katan. For someone who gave up 4" figures, I can't seem to stop. Mostly Mando figures though.
Reefer Shark
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Thu Jan 20, 2022 4:27 pm

Yeah, the R1 TVC stormy is beautiful - I went pretty nuts with him too.. just kept buying a few whenever they would pop in in stock online. Same w/Remnant trooper as it's the exact same figure with weathering.

I also went nuts with the 5poa R1 stormy. Fantastic sculpt on that guy too. Definitely on par with the TVC figure, and great for cheaper background troop building.

Im really hoping we'll get a similar upgrade for the Snowtrooper. I have somewhere around 40 of the Legacy snowtrooper, and it's a nice figure - but he definitely could use a modern upgrade with better hip articulation, and they can ditch the removeable helmet this time.

Jealous of you guys with the Maldo Kreis set! I totally missed that one.
NORM
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Thu Jan 20, 2022 8:50 pm

Mythrol, Kuiil, and Bo Katan just arrived. They look outstanding in package. Actually, it's a good thing I ordered two of each, because I managed one full set with undamaged cards. The other cards are definite openers. Anyway, Mythrol's paint job on his head is incredible, iridescent. Kuiil could use more darkness around his eyes. I really hope he gets a Blurrg to ride. Bo Katan is fine. Actually her legs look a little short. I probably will wait to open these once Maldo Kreis Mando shows up tomorrow.
Reefer Shark
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Thu Jan 20, 2022 9:39 pm

I think you're going to be pretty happy with them once you open these guys Norm. Kuill and Bo have some of the smothest and most solid hip joints I've come across on a 3 3/4" figure in a long time. I hope they implement this on all figures going forward. Mythrol still has those finiky hips, but still super happy with him. He looks great, and he can sit - so all good.

Return to “Yavin 4: The Unofficial Star Wars Toy Board”