Star Wars The Vintage Collection

MAY THE TOYS BE WITH YOU! - Star Wars Black series both 6 inch and 3 and 3/4, vintage, POTF2, whatever! If it's a toy related to Star Wars then come talk about it!
crosshair
Avengers Assemble
TheFwoosh.com rules: Yes

Re: Star Wars The Vintage Collection

Fri Oct 22, 2021 8:56 pm

So, what was all revealed? The 4 repacks (Padawan Anakin, Mace Windu, Obi-Wan, Ashoka), Mando pack with ice spider and Grogu, Navarro cantina playset.

EDIT: And the Rebel Trooper 4 pack.

And then pipeline reveals for Clone Trooper Jesse, Ashoka Clone Trooper, Mandalorian Super Commando Captain, Mando in tank driver disguise...am I missing anything?
Amazing_Spider-Man
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Fri Oct 22, 2021 9:11 pm

When does the spider pack go up and where? Everything else is a waste of plastic. Even that outdated Ahsoka!
fac
CROM!

Fri Oct 22, 2021 9:31 pm

The trooper pack for the Rebel Fleet troopers was a new reveal I thought?
crosshair
Avengers Assemble

Fri Oct 22, 2021 9:34 pm

fac wrote:
Fri Oct 22, 2021 9:31 pm
The trooper pack for the Rebel Fleet troopers was a new reveal I thought?
That too, thank you!

Just seems wild that there are no new figures in any of their reveals. It's all repaints/remolds/slight tweaks. They do this big hyping of Pulse Con and hardly reveal more than a normal live stream they do 4 other times a year.
sepster
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Fri Oct 22, 2021 9:37 pm

The re-pack wave and the Navarro Cantina go up everywhere today at 5PM EST, the Emperor's Throne Room is a Pulse Exclusive at 5PM EST, and the Rebel Fleet Trooper pack is a Pulse and Shop Disney Exclusive, going up today at 5PM EST.

Ice Spider Mando does not go up today, just like the Black Series version, they said they want that to go up at a later date on it's own so it's a, "nicer PO experience."
Kenobi
Runs Around in Tights

Fri Oct 22, 2021 10:16 pm

Grabbed 3 Rebel Trooper packs and the overpriced Palpatine. Hasbro Pulse probably has the easiest POing system. I was impressed with how smoothly it went again.
Amazing_Spider-Man
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Fri Oct 22, 2021 11:32 pm

sepster wrote:
Fri Oct 22, 2021 9:37 pm
Ice Spider Mando does not go up today, just like the Black Series version, they said they want that to go up at a later date on it's own so it's a, "nicer PO experience."
I guess that's code for "We need stuff to go up for pre-order @ Walmart during Bring Home the Bounty!"

I looked at the pre-order pages for the repack wave, and I couldn't bring myself to pre-order any of them. A new paint job on the head sculpt is not enough to bring these decade+ old figures up to modern standards, and I already have half of them in a storage bin somewhere.

Edit: I was right! Yakface is saying the Maldo Kreis pack is a $27 Walmart exclusive.
JPC
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Sat Oct 23, 2021 12:34 am

yojoebro82 wrote:
Wed Oct 06, 2021 1:06 am
... but he's the one I was thinking about cancelling since I have him already from back when he was in a TRU exclusive set. That's the same figure, right?
SAME ISSUE! I got the AT-ST Driver from Walmart because FOMO and free shipping, but then I realized I never even detached the one that came with the actual AT-ST from a few years back - he's still on the plastic strapped to the cardboard. Sold this one off immediately and shamed myself.

Most of my SW stuff is also in storage and I'm always wondering why I'm buying more!

BUT I did buy the PulseCon Emperor because I really like environment pieces (as close as this one is). He Added to Cart without a preorder date or anything but now I see he's a preorder for 2/22 - did anyone else notice if he was in-stock and has now switched to preorder?
Mister Skeezler
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Sat Oct 23, 2021 1:05 am

Keep in mind those repack figures are not really for you.

If the line is supposed to continue, they can't have main characters be inaccessible to new collectors. Those repack figures are a smart move, and they should continue doing that. They are numbered in their own series (for all you carded collectors), and don't take resources away from net new figures. I'll definitely buy some repaints regardless, but you can't bring in new collectors without having the main characters available.

misterskeezler on Instagram

JPC
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Sat Oct 23, 2021 1:12 am

I wasn't criticizing any of that... and I'm also a huge proponent of main characters being available.
yojoebro82
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Sat Oct 23, 2021 1:57 am

JPC wrote:
Sat Oct 23, 2021 12:34 am
yojoebro82 wrote:
Wed Oct 06, 2021 1:06 am
... but he's the one I was thinking about cancelling since I have him already from back when he was in a TRU exclusive set. That's the same figure, right?
SAME ISSUE! I got the AT-ST Driver from Walmart because FOMO and free shipping, but then I realized I never even detached the one that came with the actual AT-ST from a few years back - he's still on the plastic strapped to the cardboard. Sold this one off immediately and shamed myself.

Most of my SW stuff is also in storage and I'm always wondering why I'm buying more!

BUT I did buy the PulseCon Emperor because I really like environment pieces (as close as this one is). He Added to Cart without a preorder date or anything but now I see he's a preorder for 2/22 - did anyone else notice if he was in-stock and has now switched to preorder?
LOL, I also bought that latest ATST driver not realizing I had one already. Now the two of them are driving my troop transport. I have a vintage one in my actual ATST.

I have no problem with repacks either, I just want to be sure there isn't some new tweak or addition before I make my decision on whether or not to buy/keep.

Man......I was going to go in on the Emperor's throne room, but it's just too much for not a lot of new. Almost $42 after fees and tax. I'm at the point in my collecting when "good enough" will do. Example: I have a throne with a cardboard backdrop from the POTF2 3 pack from the 90's. The latest Emperor (the single pack release) will sit in there just fine since he's got soft goods. I think that will be it for me.
Amazing_Spider-Man
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Sat Oct 23, 2021 2:03 am

No one is arguing against keeping main characters in the line. My issue is that these figures are ancient, and they don't look good next to the thinner more proportional figures they are making now.
Mister Skeezler
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Sat Oct 23, 2021 2:15 am

Amazing_Spider-Man wrote:No one is arguing against keeping main characters in the line. My issue is that these figures are ancient, and they don't look good next to the thinner more proportional figures they are making now.
Yes agreed, but new tooling does take away from new figures. Repaints don't.

Sure, I'd love to have all the main characters at the same caliber as Season 7 Ahsoka, but if some repaints keep the line going strong, brings in new fans, and we get new figures, it's still a win.

misterskeezler on Instagram

stack32
IT'S CLOBBERIN TIME!

Sat Oct 23, 2021 1:12 pm

If you have to rely this heavily on outdated repaints I'm not sure you can say the line is going strong.

I checked late enough in the day that I expected everything to be sold out and saw most of it still available but still couldn't bring myself to order anything. The Throne Room set is close, the price is just a little too high and I hate soft goods.
Nik
Runs Around in Tights

Sun Oct 24, 2021 6:26 pm

I mean, the glamour shots they did of Mace and Obi Wan are ridiculous. They look like little kids wearing their Grandpa's giant overcoat. They look like a GI Joe wrapped up in a brown napkin. They look like Samuel L. Jackson and Ewan McGregor fell into some kind of chocolate crepe disaster and can't get out.

I despise soft goods on sausage-finger-scale toys, they always look like garbage. My Force Link Chirrut Imwe and Snoke look one million times better than their nightgowned TVC counterparts. I think the only figure that makes cloth articles somewhat work is the Rogue One Darth Vader. Anyways, that's one of the reasons why this Pulsecon was a complete bust for me when it comes to SW.

Return to “Yavin 4: The Unofficial Star Wars Toy Board”