Star Wars The Vintage Collection

MAY THE TOYS BE WITH YOU! - Star Wars Black series both 6 inch and 3 and 3/4, vintage, POTF2, whatever! If it's a toy related to Star Wars then come talk about it!
sepster
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!
TheFwoosh.com rules: Yes

Re: Star Wars The Vintage Collection

Tue Jun 22, 2021 6:10 pm

The VC Hoth Luke/Endor Han/Ackbar/Royal Guard wave hit my POL.
AgentLionel
Faster than a speeding bullet

Wed Jun 23, 2021 1:26 pm

Man, I've been resisting getting into TVC so hard. I have a nice 1/12 scale mix of SHF and Black Series, but decided to back the Razor Crest because it just looked so freaking cool. Then I had to get a Slave-1 to go with it... then a new ROTJ Boba to go with that. Now all these new reveals look incredible. Why does both the Kuill and Bo Katan look better than The Black Series?? And they are so cheap in comparison... I can buy an entire season worth of Mando figures for the cost of one Figuarts. Uggh. Anyone else collect and display in multiple scales? I'm thinking I might sell off my 1/12 Mando figures and make that my distinguishing line - TVC for Mando and 1/12 for OT and PT. If only an import company made a few of the main characters in 3.75", I might switch entirely...
thefamousnicknaro
CROM!

Wed Jun 23, 2021 2:10 pm

AgentLionel wrote:Man, I've been resisting getting into TVC so hard. I have a nice 1/12 scale mix of SHF and Black Series, but decided to back the Razor Crest because it just looked so freaking cool. Then I had to get a Slave-1 to go with it... then a new ROTJ Boba to go with that. Now all these new reveals look incredible. Why does both the Kuill and Bo Katan look better than The Black Series?? And they are so cheap in comparison... I can buy an entire season worth of Mando figures for the cost of one Figuarts. Uggh. Anyone else collect and display in multiple scales? I'm thinking I might sell off my 1/12 Mando figures and make that my distinguishing line - TVC for Mando and 1/12 for OT and PT. If only an import company made a few of the main characters in 3.75", I might switch entirely...
I cherry pick 1/12. Only my favorite characters and they basically go on a shelf for display. 1/18 is just more fun to play around with and customize, in my opinion.
dchimpy
Avengers Assemble

Wed Jun 23, 2021 2:35 pm

Yeah,

I do both scales, but my experience is the opposite of yours. I've been a 3.75" collector since I was a kid in 1979. Started with Kenner Star Wars (and a couple GI Joes), followed that thru the 90s in college and all the way to present day, so I'm invested in that scale. I have most of the old Kenner figures and vehicles/playsets, a lot of modern figures and about a dozen of the modern vehicles/playsets. I love the world-building aspect of that scale. When The Black Series 6" was launched, I figured I get one or two, maybe cherry pick a couple. This was easy for a few years, since the faces on the 6" figures really didn't look great (IMO). I even got the Luke and Han from SH Figuarts because of this. Then Hasbro started using Photo Real on the 6" Black Series figures, and the floodgates opened for me. I still cherry pick the 6", but I have a lot of cherries now! I usually try get grab the 6" on sale, and typically stick to just the main characters from each film/show, and mostly the humans (due the the Photo Real). I generally buy more 3.75", and some of the photo real on those smaller figures looks pretty good, others not as much. 3.75" is easier for troop building and setting up scenes, IMO.

AgentLionel wrote:
Man, I've been resisting getting into TVC so hard. I have a nice 1/12 scale mix of SHF and Black Series, but decided to back the Razor Crest because it just looked so freaking cool. Then I had to get a Slave-1 to go with it... then a new ROTJ Boba to go with that. Now all these new reveals look incredible. Why does both the Kuill and Bo Katan look better than The Black Series?? And they are so cheap in comparison... I can buy an entire season worth of Mando figures for the cost of one Figuarts. Uggh. Anyone else collect and display in multiple scales? I'm thinking I might sell off my 1/12 Mando figures and make that my distinguishing line - TVC for Mando and 1/12 for OT and PT. If only an import company made a few of the main characters in 3.75", I might switch entirely...
yojoebro82
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Thu Jun 24, 2021 1:19 pm

Some of my Walmart exclusives have shipped. Endor Leia, ATST driver, and Paploo are on the way. (Leia apparently arriving separately from the other two). Cool deal, I'm always looking for new OT stuff. I almost passed on Paploo because I'm pretty sure this will be my fourth version of him, but I guess I couldn't resist.
sepster
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Thu Jun 24, 2021 2:13 pm

An oversight on my part has allowed Walmart to be a little sneaky.

When I originally ordered these, I ordered just Paploo and Leia at the normal price ($12.93). I then realized I had a discount code for Walmart and went back and placed another order, this time including the AT-ST Driver as my code allowed for the 3 figures to be less than the total of the two figure order. I kept both orders as I was wary of Walmart's handling of PO's. I meant to cancel the original order with the higher price but forgot. So, what does Walmart do? They ship Leia and Paploo from the original higher priced order, and the AT-ST from the second lower priced order but not Leia and Paploo from the second order. I see what you did there, Wally.
Kenobi
Customized

Fri Jun 25, 2021 8:06 am

AgentLionel wrote:
Yeah. But only for Star Wars. MCU I stick to Hot Toys. Marvel Comic figures only Marvel Legends. DC is only 6”/7” stuff. Star Wars I collect and display 1/6, 6”, and 3.75” for Star Wars. I have a problem lol. For 3.75” I buy nearly everything and have a shelf for Episodes 1-6, Realistic Clone Wars, Animated Clone Wars, Dark Times (Rogue One, Rebels, Force Unleashed, Order 66 survivors), Mando, and EU. For The Black Series I have only three shelves and I don’t buy any imports. A Clone Wars shelf (so no duplicates of any character), a OT shelf where I buy only the main characters/outfits, so no minor characters, but I buy multiples of the big 3 for all their different looks in the OT, and then a Dark Time Shelf which features the Rebels crew, soon to be Bad Batch crew, Fallen Order, and Vader with Stormtroopers. For Hot Toys I buy all PT/TCW/Mando releases and pick and choose the OT.

I don’t feel like I am wasting money though because each scale gives me something different. There are hundreds upon hundreds of 3.75” figures that will never ever see a Hot Toy release or TBS release. Plus you basically have a figure of every character which makes for some great shelves. Having all the Pod Racers or a complete Geonosis arena, or all Cantina aliens is really cool. TBS releases are more playable and poseable and look better on a shelf. Then Hot Toys are basically the definitive toy for that character and look great displayed on the higher shelves.

I would say pass on the TBS Mando stuff and collect the TVC Mando stuff. This is what I’m doing. TVC releases are great and cheaper. You will have an awesome display with the Razor Crest, all the main characters, and could army build some of the imperial troops or Jawas for the price of one import.
AgentLionel

Fri Jun 25, 2021 1:50 pm

Kenobi wrote:
Yeah. But only for Star Wars.
You are a bold one! What will keep me to 1/12th is the Figuarts I have... they are just such beautiful figures. But a Razor Crest in that scale would require its own playroom lol. I've never been a vehicle guy myself, but I've come to realize with time how incredible they are. In Star Wars, so many of them are essentially characters.

It seems like the articulation and sculpts for TVC are getting better and better. I wish some of the OT characters though had better likenesses, though. I suppose they may redo them in time. Does any third party make custom 3.75 heads?
AgentLionel

Fri Jun 25, 2021 7:52 pm

Kenobi wrote:
I would say pass on the TBS Mando stuff and collect the TVC Mando stuff. This is what I’m doing. TVC releases are great and cheaper. You will have an awesome display with the Razor Crest, all the main characters, and could army build some of the imperial troops or Jawas for the price of one import.
You all here are probably aware, but in pursuing this piece of Mr. Kenobi's wisdom, I found the carbonized Remnant Trooper and Death Trooper on sale at Walmart for $8.99 each. Ordered 3 of both character, to eventually throw their corpses around the base of my Razor Crest. Not a bad deal.
Reefer Shark
IT'S CLOBBERIN TIME!

Fri Jun 25, 2021 8:32 pm

AgentLionel wrote:
Fri Jun 25, 2021 7:52 pm

You all here are probably aware, but in pursuing this piece of Mr. Kenobi's wisdom, I found the carbonized Remnant Trooper and Death Trooper on sale at Walmart for $8.99 each. Ordered 3 of both character, to eventually throw their corpses around the base of my Razor Crest. Not a bad deal.
Hey thanks for the heads up AgentLionel! Grabbed 3 stormies and a death trooper myself :)
crosshair
Avengers Assemble

Sat Jun 26, 2021 3:08 pm

My standard Beskar Mando shipped from Dorkside…I wonder if Hasbro is starting to catch up on some of these older orders.
Amazing_Spider-Man
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Sat Jun 26, 2021 8:55 pm

Oh man, I hope we get a figure of Koska Reeves, before the actress winds up joining Gina Carano.
Trunks3540
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Sun Jun 27, 2021 10:50 am

Dare I ask why you say that? I can't see her being as bad as Gina was being. She also has a WWE career. And she would have to worry about losing that job as well. And they try not to let their employees say or do anything publicly to ruin their image. Unless it's for a storyline on their programming. Plus she seemed like a really nice person irl.

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

Amazing_Spider-Man
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Sun Jun 27, 2021 4:53 pm

Trunks3540 wrote:
Dare I ask why you say that? I can't see her being as bad as Gina was being. She also has a WWE career. And she would have to worry about losing that job as well. And they try not to let their employees say or do anything publicly to ruin their image. Unless it's for a storyline on their programming. Plus she seemed like a really nice person irl.

I saw that she was trending on twitter for being anti-vax, googled it, and sure enough there were articles about her liking anti-vax posts. Not exactly why Carano was dumped, but spreading false info was definitely part of the reason she was let go, and that started long before the second season of Mando premiered.

Though I suppose they don't have to include her likeness to make Koska Reeves if she does go full Carano.
Benedict
CROM!

Sun Jun 27, 2021 7:31 pm

Amazing_Spider-Man wrote:
Sun Jun 27, 2021 4:53 pm
Trunks3540 wrote:

I saw that she was trending on twitter for being anti-vax, googled it, and sure enough there were articles about her liking anti-vax posts. Not exactly why Carano was dumped, but spreading false info was definitely part of the reason she was let go, and that started long before the second season of Mando premiered.

Though I suppose they don't have to include her likeness to make Koska Reeves if she does go full Carano.
They’re already making the figure.

On a scale of 1 to ‘paranoid delusions with a persecution complex’ aka “Full Carano”, liking an anti-vax tweet is pretty mild. It’s still a dumb stance to have, but it’s probably not fire-worthy.

Edit: well they’re making a black series figure at least. TVC is likely in the works.

Return to “Yavin 4: The Unofficial Star Wars Toy Board”