Star Wars The Vintage Collection

MAY THE TOYS BE WITH YOU! - Star Wars Black series both 6 inch and 3 and 3/4, vintage, POTF2, whatever! If it's a toy related to Star Wars then come talk about it!
MarvelElite
Runs Around in Tights
TheFwoosh.com rules: Yes

Re: Star Wars The Vintage Collection

Thu May 06, 2021 2:47 pm

Can't believe Echo is being single packed in Clone Wars wave.
supermonkey
teh awsum

Thu May 06, 2021 3:09 pm

yojoebro82 wrote:
Thu May 06, 2021 2:45 pm
sepster wrote:
Thu May 06, 2021 2:01 pm
yojoebro82 wrote:
Thu May 06, 2021 12:04 pm

Was this previously announced? Im not sure I knew about them. Thanks for sharing.

Officially announced on the May the 4th livestream.
Cool. Any other VC figures announced? I missed it.
Fan Vote was Republic Trooper. Release TBD.
sepster
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Thu May 06, 2021 3:18 pm

yojoebro82 wrote:
Thu May 06, 2021 2:45 pm
sepster wrote:
Thu May 06, 2021 2:01 pm
yojoebro82 wrote:
Thu May 06, 2021 12:04 pm

Was this previously announced? Im not sure I knew about them. Thanks for sharing.

Officially announced on the May the 4th livestream.
Cool. Any other VC figures announced? I missed it.

Clone Trooper Echo and Offworld Jawa (the Mandalorian) were shown and confirmed as part of the Maul/Ahsoka wave coming in July.

A single card re-pack of Teebo (from 2012's Movie Heroes Battle Pack) was shown but not said which wave (leaked to be in Oct's Bespin Lando/IG-11/ROTJ the Emperor wave).

VC113 Republic Trooper was revealed as the Fan Vote re-release winner.

Pretty sure that was it.
Grouch
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Thu May 06, 2021 9:14 pm

Is the OW Jawa a new sculpt or one of the previous Jawas?
sepster
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Fri May 07, 2021 1:25 am

Hard to tell. He's got a new soft goods robe but can't tell what body it's on.
yojoebro82
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Fri May 07, 2021 1:35 am

Grouch wrote:
Thu May 06, 2021 9:14 pm
Is the OW Jawa a new sculpt or one of the previous Jawas?
It doesn't matter. His eyes are red now instead of yellow.....you must buy!!!!!!!
Mister Skeezler
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Fri May 07, 2021 2:44 am

I ordered seven of those little guys. I might need to buy more, especially when the Razor Crest comes out.

misterskeezler on Instagram

yojoebro82
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Fri May 07, 2021 12:07 pm

You know what I want a re-release of? Luke's Landspeeder. The only ones on ebay are marked up $300 to $500, and it's only a re-release away from going back down to what---$40? $50? Probably $50. I would like one.
Reefer Shark
Avengers Assemble

Fri May 07, 2021 8:48 pm

yojoebro82 wrote:
You know what I want a re-release of? Luke's Landspeeder. The only ones on ebay are marked up $300 to $500, and it's only a re-release away from going back down to what---$40? $50? Probably $50. I would like one.
wow, that's insane! I imagine that you're talking about the later, more accurate vintage collection release - which is a fantasic landspeeder, and certainly does warrant a re-release. I bet they would include a farmboy luke and charge $50 if they did it.
yojoebro82
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Fri May 07, 2021 10:40 pm

Reefer Shark wrote:
yojoebro82 wrote:
wow, that's insane! I imagine that you're talking about the later, more accurate vintage collection release - which is a fantasic landspeeder, and certainly does warrant a re-release. I bet they would include a farmboy luke and charge $50 if they did it.
Yes, it was a Target exclusive if I'm not mistaken. Judging by today's retail prices, I would not count on getting the speeder AND Luke for $50. I don't care. I would just like another shot at that speeder. It's an iconic SW vehicle.

Seeing as how they re-release anything Vintage Collection at the drop of a hat, I would not pay after market prices for ANYTHING in this line (I learned my lesson after paying out the nose for a VC Walrus Man and Emperor's Royal Guard weeks before their reissue announcement). Just wait and hope it comes around again.
Reefer Shark
Avengers Assemble

Fri May 07, 2021 11:11 pm

yojoebro82 wrote:
Reefer Shark wrote:
yojoebro82 wrote:
Yes, it was a Target exclusive if I'm not mistaken. Judging by today's retail prices, I would not count on getting the speeder AND Luke for $50. I don't care. I would just like another shot at that speeder. It's an iconic SW vehicle.

Seeing as how they re-release anything Vintage Collection at the drop of a hat, I would not pay after market prices for ANYTHING in this line (I learned my lesson after paying out the nose for a VC Walrus Man and Emperor's Royal Guard weeks before their reissue announcement). Just wait and hope it comes around again.
Oh man, I must have missed the announcement on Walrus Man, that't great news for me, I've been eye-balling thta one lately. Sorry you got screwed, that really sucks.

Im in a similar boat with the vehicles I've missed out on, but the retail price has raised so drastically on vehicles, I'm justifying spending around $100 on something like a Y-Wing or B-Wing since I know they will cost that much if they're re-released. Not the best logic I know lol
Mister Skeezler
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Sat May 08, 2021 12:24 am

Are you talking about when they rereleased walrus man in the Black Series like 7 years ago? I wouldn't count on availability of Vintage Collection stuff anymore.

yojoebro82
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Sat May 08, 2021 12:40 am

Reefer Shark wrote:
Fri May 07, 2021 11:11 pm
yojoebro82 wrote:
Reefer Shark wrote:

Oh man, I must have missed the announcement on Walrus Man, that't great news for me, I've been eye-balling thta one lately. Sorry you got screwed, that really sucks.

Oh I was talking about the Walrus Man and Royal Guard that were released in 3.75" Black Series as Walmart exclusive. Exact same figures, different packaging. I'm an opener so packaging makes no difference to me. I think ERG is on hi second re-release now.
Mister Skeezler
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Sat May 08, 2021 4:16 pm

I'd be careful about waiting on stuff these days, though. The Vintage Collection is not given even a fraction of the support it was given before, so you may not see those rereleases ever happen.

If you're an opener that's a bit better (I can't imagine trying to pull together a carded collection in aftermarket prices), but there's a lot of stuff where Hasbro doesn't even have the molds any more, apparently.

In the meantime, be sure to sign the petition for more TVC figures if you haven't already. It's amazing that after completely destroying the Haslab record with the Razor Crest, TVC is still treated as an afterthought.

Reefer Shark
Avengers Assemble

Sat May 08, 2021 6:30 pm

yojoebro82 wrote:
Sat May 08, 2021 12:40 am
Oh I was talking about the Walrus Man and Royal Guard that were released in 3.75" Black Series as Walmart exclusive. Exact same figures, different packaging. I'm an opener so packaging makes no difference to me. I think ERG is on hi second re-release now.
Ah I gotcha. Yeah, I’ve picked up most of those black series 3 3/4” re-releases for the loose collection as well. Hasbro branding those figures as “Black Series” always felt so disjointed to me and I tend to forget about them for some reason.

On the vehicles, I still have that landspeeder along with Targets better scaled snowspeeder, that really was a great time for Star Wars toy collectors! Wish I realized those days were coming to an end, I wouldnt have been so casual about picking things up.
Mister Skeezler wrote:
Sat May 08, 2021 4:16 pm
In the meantime, be sure to sign the petition for more TVC figures if you haven't already. It's amazing that after completely destroying the Haslab record with the Razor Crest, TVC is still treated as an afterthought.

Thanks for the heads up, I signed in :!:

Return to “Yavin 4: The Unofficial Star Wars Toy Board”