Star Wars Black 6 inch General Discussion

MAY THE TOYS BE WITH YOU! - Star Wars Black series both 6 inch and 3 and 3/4, vintage, POTF2, whatever! If it's a toy related to Star Wars then come talk about it!
Andru
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!
TheFwoosh.com rules: Yes

Re: Star Wars Black 6 inch General Discussion

Mon Nov 28, 2022 6:24 pm

Just took advantage of the sale myself. 2X Imperial Officers & their exclusive Ben Kenobi.

Teeka is also down to $16 and change if you purchase online. That price finally made me bite.
NORM
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Mon Nov 28, 2022 6:27 pm

NED-B arrived from Amazon. It's a pretty nice figure, and the yellow stands out against just about every other Star Wars figure I own. Articulation is pretty good, on par with the Darktrooper. The hinge joints in the elbows, knees, and ankles, use clear plastic pegs for some reason. Hopefully that's not cause for concern as clear plastic has a reputation for being brittle. He comes with a hammer and a blaster that I believe Battle Droids used. It doesn't really fit in either hand that well, so I probably won't use it. I kinda wish the upcoming Tala figure was in her Rebellion gear to match this guy. My order was knocked down about $8 for some reason, I didn't pay the full price Amazon is normally charging, so that was a cool bonus. Pretty pleased.
joshsquash729
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Mon Nov 28, 2022 9:20 pm

Much to my surprise, I stumbled upon 2 of the 212th Battallion Troopers at my Walgreens today. Only 2 on the shelf, so I snagged them. Had some store credit from a previous return, so managed to get both for the price of 1. Was gonna make them my first AliExpress order since I rarely have good luck with pharmacy exclusives, but since I had the real thing there, figured why not? I dig the color scheme, and I like having corresponding troopers to go with their Jedi general, and Mace looks good next to them.

Ned-B is due to arrive today from Amazon, along with the Ferrix Trooper and Tibidon Show-bi Wan from Target. Not too shabby for one day!
Benedict
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Mon Nov 28, 2022 10:09 pm

NORM wrote:
Mon Nov 28, 2022 6:27 pm
NED-B arrived from Amazon. It's a pretty nice figure, and the yellow stands out against just about every other Star Wars figure I own. Articulation is pretty good, on par with the Darktrooper. The hinge joints in the elbows, knees, and ankles, use clear plastic pegs for some reason. Hopefully that's not cause for concern as clear plastic has a reputation for being brittle. He comes with a hammer and a blaster that I believe Battle Droids used. It doesn't really fit in either hand that well, so I probably won't use it. I kinda wish the upcoming Tala figure was in her Rebellion gear to match this guy. My order was knocked down about $8 for some reason, I didn't pay the full price Amazon is normally charging, so that was a cool bonus. Pretty pleased.
You can just about get it in his left hand, could be worth snipping off the guard to make it easier.
JPC
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Mon Nov 28, 2022 11:47 pm

The new Carbonized Ahsoka is a lovely figure. Haven't opened her yet, but the conceit of the lightsabers reflecting on her person looks really cool. Just wish the car art was slightly prettier/more like Rosario. But it sells the concept!

And if you do the deal, she comes out to $18 right now.
NORM
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Tue Nov 29, 2022 1:39 am

JPC wrote:
The new Carbonized Ahsoka is a lovely figure. Haven't opened her yet, but the conceit of the lightsabers reflecting on her person looks really cool. Just wish the car art was slightly prettier/more like Rosario. But it sells the concept!

Is there a Carbonized Ahsoka too? I thought there was just the Credit Collection version that just came out.
joshsquash729
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Tue Nov 29, 2022 3:12 am

Ned is a really great figure. Big, bulky, with some really nice sculpting and weathering. He feels more "deluxe", and the fact that he was actually a bit cheaper than a lot of the basic mainline figures was a plus. I don't know if it was Hasbro's doing or the individual stores (my pre-orders got discounted on both Amazon and Target), but it just goes to show that they CAN price their figures lower and still have people as enthusiastic to buy them, if not moreso. Especially with re-releases or figures that re-use parts, I can't imagine their losses would be any bigger than them pricing NED-B lower.

Anywho, my only gripes with Ned are the yellow is a smiiiidge too bright for my liking- comes across a little school bus-esque, whereas I feel like he was a little darker in the show (though that might just be the lighting in the show). And, as stated, his gun hand is a pain (literally) to open, so I just have him posed without it for now. But all in all, a fantastic figure at a fantastic price.
Amazing_Spider-Man
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Tue Nov 29, 2022 3:19 am

Got blue shirt Obi-Wan. I wish this had been his main look in the series, it's much cooler than the one they went with, plus it looks less Jedi than what he did wear.
JPC
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Tue Nov 29, 2022 6:43 pm

100% agree! The blue is unique and I'm a fan.
NORM wrote:
JPC wrote:
The new Carbonized Ahsoka is a lovely figure. Haven't opened her yet, but the conceit of the lightsabers reflecting on her person looks really cool. Just wish the card art was slightly prettier/more like Rosario. But it sells the concept!

Is there a Carbonized Ahsoka too? I thought there was just the Credit Collection version that just came out.
I meant Credit Collection - sorry 'bout that. I'm sure a Carbonized version is coming next, though.
Threash
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Tue Nov 29, 2022 7:26 pm

Not only does my local Walgreens still have the original Rogue One figures in stock (Andor is right behind Jyn), they had the nerve to raise the price.
NORM
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Tue Nov 29, 2022 7:36 pm

JPC wrote:
Tue Nov 29, 2022 6:43 pm
100% agree! The blue is unique and I'm a fan.
NORM wrote:
JPC wrote:
The new Carbonized Ahsoka is a lovely figure. Haven't opened her yet, but the conceit of the lightsabers reflecting on her person looks really cool. Just wish the card art was slightly prettier/more like Rosario. But it sells the concept!

I meant Credit Collection - sorry 'bout that. I'm sure a Carbonized version is coming next, though.
They tend to save Carbonite for armored characters. I don't recall a character with exposed skin ever getting Carbonized.
GrumpyMatt
CROM!

Tue Nov 29, 2022 7:37 pm

Just Han ...
JPC
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Tue Nov 29, 2022 7:44 pm

HA!!! :)

TVC Cara got one but you're right, it was just her armor parts.
Ru_1977
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Tue Nov 29, 2022 9:04 pm

The ROTJ Stormtrooper looks to be just a repack of the Mandalorian/Rogue One figure, which is fine. Would have been cool if they'd done a new head for the ROTJ helmet though.
Ru_1977
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Tue Nov 29, 2022 10:20 pm

Also, I get they're using the classic card art but... No one wants to point out that isn't a picture of Paploo on the paploo card?

Return to “Yavin 4: The Unofficial Star Wars Toy Board”