Star Wars Black 6 inch General Discussion

MAY THE TOYS BE WITH YOU! - Star Wars Black series both 6 inch and 3 and 3/4, vintage, POTF2, whatever! If it's a toy related to Star Wars then come talk about it!
DetectiveHoag
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!
TheFwoosh.com rules: Yes

Re: Star Wars Black 6 inch General Discussion

Thu Oct 06, 2022 2:09 pm

Trunks3540 wrote:
Thu Oct 06, 2022 8:34 am
Grins wrote:
Trunks3540 wrote:
Wed Oct 05, 2022 11:31 pm
I put mine on my bounty hunter shelf and used it as actual Boussh instead of Leia.
Same. I have more interest in Boussh as a character than as a disguise.
I always thought it was a cool look and wanted to see more of the actual character and expand on it, but as far as I know there isn't much out there in the EU. When I was a kid I used my old Kenner one as Boussh too when I played with them all and she was one of Boba's bounty hunter crew fighting against Bossk and his group lol.

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk
I suspected there was a history between Boba and the real Boussh. That nod Boba gives to Boussh/Liea wasn’t a simple professional respect. Boba was looking for a specific reaction, positive or negative, and when he failed to get any reaction, it tipped him off, that this wasn’t really Boussh.

Fee Amaiza!
joshsquash729
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Thu Oct 06, 2022 4:35 pm

Got the notice for Boushh and Han arriving this weekend too. I'm excited for Boushh; the old Power of the Force figure was one of my favorites as a kid. Not sure why. Guess it's the mystery around the real Boushh. I know it's Leia under the helmet for the figure we have, but I always pretended it was another bounty hunter too. Was never able to snag the original Black Series, but had my eye on it for years. Excited to add the updated one to the collection. He'll be going on the Bounty Hunter shelf.

Andor and B2 just arrived. Haven't taken them out of the package yet, but they look good. Cassian is definitely a bit too shiny, as expected, but I really like the outfit, and B2 is a welcome addition. Fell in love with the guy right away.
docsilence
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Thu Oct 06, 2022 6:21 pm

I don't know if I want one or not, but the Halloween stormtrooper is up on Target now for preorder. (I couldn't resist the werewookiee but I'm iffy on the trooper, even though he does come with a zombibporg. A porgombie? A zomporgie?
Slixta
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Thu Oct 06, 2022 6:23 pm

Hopefully with the new Mon Mothma figure they might start doing some Queen Amidala figures.

The plastic outfit looks infinitely better than that soft goods crap they used on Holdo.
Reefer Shark
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Thu Oct 06, 2022 7:54 pm

docsilence wrote:
I don't know if I want one or not, but the Halloween stormtrooper is up on Target now for preorder. (I couldn't resist the werewookiee but I'm iffy on the trooper, even though he does come with a zombibporg. A porgombie? A zomporgie?
Thanks for the heads up! I dont usualy do the holiday figures, but definitely have to have this one. The Porg looks more like a "porgcula" or "VamPorg" to me lol. I like the little Jabba ghost on the treasure chest too!

https://www.target.com/p/star-wars-the- ... A-85766840
NORM
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Thu Oct 06, 2022 8:27 pm

Aaaand Boushh just got pushed back to Oct 21 instead of tomorrow. Amazon playing games.
Trunks3540
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Fri Oct 07, 2022 10:02 am

DetectiveHoag wrote:
Trunks3540 wrote:
Thu Oct 06, 2022 8:34 am
Grins wrote: Same. I have more interest in Boussh as a character than as a disguise.
I always thought it was a cool look and wanted to see more of the actual character and expand on it, but as far as I know there isn't much out there in the EU. When I was a kid I used my old Kenner one as Boussh too when I played with them all and she was one of Boba's bounty hunter crew fighting against Bossk and his group lol.

I suspected there was a history between Boba and the real Boussh. That nod Boba gives to Boussh/Liea wasn’t a simple professional respect. Boba was looking for a specific reaction, positive or negative, and when he failed to get any reaction, it tipped him off, that this wasn’t really Boussh.

Fee Amaiza!
At that point in time, I doubt there was anything more to the nod then just a sign of respect. The way Lucas process worked, alot of the background stuff for the background characters was never fleshed out. But I could see it maybe having been added in later in the EU somewhere where someone decided it actually meant more and connected him/her with Boba. And then make it so that scene meant more, by explaining it in the book or comic or whatever. There was so much EU stuff I never was able to go through it all. But my headcanon will always be that they definitely knew each other on a more personal level. From what I remember of the Bounty Hunter Wars books, both Bossk and Boba enlisted some outside help to basically try to kill each other. I don't remember Boussh being mentioned, but I would guess if sides were taken and there was some past between them and it wasn't bad, Boussh would've jumped in on Boba's side.

joshsquash729
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Fri Oct 07, 2022 3:26 pm

My Boushh got pushed back too, but only to this comnig Tuesday. Hope she's not pushed back again. Han, however, shipped, and is due here today.

Snagged one of the Skeleton Troopers and Zorg (zombie porg). Was just too cute to pass up; was super tempted to army build this one when it was released, but money is tight, so it'll be a special little one-off. Was and still am torn on the Were-Wookie. It's cute, and I'd love more unique Wookies for the shelf, but I think I'm more interested in the trick-or-treat camtono and Vampire Bogling. I do hope we see more Halloween variants in the future, though, like the Christmas ones. Give me Vampire Grievous, give me Ghost Troopers (transparent/transluscent plastic- though this opens up the dangerous door of releasing those Hologram Variants like the old ROTS line), Goblin Yoda, give me a Trick or Treat R2 unit, a Mummy Protocol droid. I want as much love for the spoops as they're giving the Christmas stuff! :D
Night Wolf
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Sun Oct 09, 2022 5:41 am

found Ahsoka at walmrt today, shes awesome. always wanted a Alien woman. she reminds me of the Alien nation series. ah damn, i just showed my age LOL

Amazing_Spider-Man
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Sun Oct 09, 2022 5:58 am

Got the new Darth Vader. Probably the worst black series figure I've gotten in the past couple of years, right up there with the Rogue One reissues. At least with those I got them on sale. This one though? Paid full price. You'd think they'd trot out a newly sculpted version with butterfly joints, up/down wrists, single jointed elbows that do more than 90 degrees. New legs.
Trunks3540
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Sun Oct 09, 2022 8:37 am

Night Wolf wrote:found Ahsoka at walmrt today, shes awesome. always wanted a Alien woman. she reminds me of the Alien nation series. ah damn, i just showed my age LOL

Image[/url]
I remember that show. I don't remember the aliens looking like Ahsoka though lol.

scribb
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Sun Oct 09, 2022 1:56 pm

He thinks all orange skinned aliens look the same......
Pyrrhonius
Customized

Mon Oct 10, 2022 5:01 am

Amazing_Spider-Man wrote:
Sun Oct 09, 2022 5:58 am
Got the new Darth Vader. Probably the worst black series figure I've gotten in the past couple of years, right up there with the Rogue One reissues. At least with those I got them on sale. This one though? Paid full price. You'd think they'd trot out a newly sculpted version with butterfly joints, up/down wrists, single jointed elbows that do more than 90 degrees. New legs.
It's so frustrating that it's entirely a reissue of the ANH Vader from 5 years back. I'd be ok with mostly a reuse, but the chest armor is entirely different in Kenobi and Hasbro couldn't be bothered to change that. I'm currently working on modifying my spare ANH Vader into a proper Kenobi Vader instead of paying Hasbro any more money for this crap.

GrumpyMatt
CROM!

Mon Oct 10, 2022 5:10 am

docsilence wrote:
The chest with Jabba's ghost on it got me ... and the Target circle discounts this week.
NORM
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Mon Oct 10, 2022 12:10 pm

Amazon delivered Archive TFA Han Solo, and man, what a difference that face print makes. Really demands updated faces on the main trio of Poe, Rey, and Finn.

Return to “Yavin 4: The Unofficial Star Wars Toy Board”