Star Wars Black 6 inch General Discussion

MAY THE TOYS BE WITH YOU! - Star Wars Black series both 6 inch and 3 and 3/4, vintage, POTF2, whatever! If it's a toy related to Star Wars then come talk about it!
MickJohnson
Runs Around in Tights
TheFwoosh.com rules: Yes

Re: Star Wars Black 6 inch General Discussion

Fri Aug 19, 2022 11:37 pm

TFitz wrote:
Fri Aug 19, 2022 1:39 am
Has Hunter been out anywhere? He's the only Bad Batch member I still need.
He was the first one to be released.
TFitz
Master of Avatars

Fri Aug 19, 2022 11:51 pm

MickJohnson wrote:
TFitz wrote:
Shit! I'd had a case on order at Dorkside for probably over a year, waiting (semi) patiently. Probably out when the pandemic was much higher, I'm guessing. Now that I might not get him without overpaying big time.... well it pisses me off.
Trunks3540
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Sat Aug 20, 2022 6:22 am

TFitz wrote:
MickJohnson wrote:
TFitz wrote:
Shit! I'd had a case on order at Dorkside for probably over a year, waiting (semi) patiently. Probably out when the pandemic was much higher, I'm guessing. Now that I might not get him without overpaying big time.... well it pisses me off.
I would email their CS about it. It's probably still open because of the rereleases, but since those are cancelled they probably won't be able to fulfill it. That whole wave was hard to get iirc. Unfortunately these kinda things happen.

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

The Ghost
CROM!

Sat Aug 20, 2022 12:36 pm

Picked up the Infinites Darth Vader today from JB Hi Fi here in Australia. This one really spoke to me, I haven't read the comic series though. I did switch him to have a blue lightsaber rather than the red, just felt it made more sense.

Reinanigans
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Sat Aug 20, 2022 2:19 pm

If we follow the rules set by Ahsoka, the red blade should turn white after purifying it. :)
DetectiveHoag
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Sat Aug 20, 2022 3:17 pm

Trunks3540 wrote:
Fri Aug 19, 2022 6:15 pm
DetectiveHoag wrote:
SalemCrow wrote:
Fri Aug 19, 2022 3:37 am

WE.....GET........IT!!!!!!

You have some massive hard on for ragging on them in ANY thread where it might even be relatable.
Hmmm.. terrible customer service will do that.
Just because you've had terrible customer service doesn't mean the rest of us have.
Just because you had a good experience doesn’t mean the rest of us have
If it's not constructive criticism, take it to twitter. We don't need that shit here.
Have you actually read the threads here? They’re full of criticism. Take yours for instance.
I personally have never had an issue with them or their cs, and when I inquire about things, like I even did Rex, they are upfront with me about it. When I asked, they told me Rex would probably be cancelled, but they were waiting on confirmation before actually cancelling any of them. And then a couple weeks later, EVERYWHERE except BBTS cancelled them.
. When I politely made an inquiry as to the status of an order after it’s estimated shipping date, I wax very rudely told to go take a hike. I took a chance on DS after reading the praise from people like you. They treated me like dirt. You can smooch their backside, but I’m pointing out their bad behavior.
And the owner used to post here regularly, until people like you drove him away.
. People who didn’t accept bad service, and kiss his butt?
. I don't blame him for leaving, if hes trying to be nice and update people on the things coming in and the only thing the people with problems do is bitch and moan about it.
. Again, are you new here? He was NEVER nice to me. I got a very rude reply to a casual inquiry. That poor customer service is the core of my complaint with DS. He doesn’t like that? He shouldn’t treat people like that.
. You're the exception, not the rule.
. Obviously not true, as you yourself cited by saying “people like me”. There are obviously others, and you have only to read the forums for that.
. You don't wanna shop there? Fine. Don't go out of your way to bring it up every thread.
. I don’t give them business after the one miserable experience. I don’t advise anyone else to either. That’s my opinion and my right. I’ve never had a bad experience with Target, although I’ve read many messages on here from people who have. I don’t belittle their experiences or opinions, just because I haven’t shared their experiences. They have a a right to air their grievances. So do I. You don’t like it, deal, or don’t read them. Now go back to your DS worship, or collect your paycheck or whatever.
Ru_1977
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Sat Aug 20, 2022 5:39 pm

Man, I JUST did the same thing (emailed Dorkside asking about the status of an order) and received a response just a few hours later with a pretty detailed explanation. Again, I've had nothing but good experience with them but don't feel I kiss their butt or anything. Just get as honest about how I've been treated by them as you apparently do. It sucks that you had that experience and really shocks me given what I've had from them for years now. Pretty crazy.
christianpyro
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Sat Aug 20, 2022 6:34 pm

Did the Dorkside thread get nuked?
Ru_1977
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Sat Aug 20, 2022 6:59 pm

christianpyro wrote:
Seems like it, along with some posts in this thread about them.
KvHulk
Customized

Sat Aug 20, 2022 7:18 pm

Ru_1977 wrote:
Sat Aug 20, 2022 6:59 pm
christianpyro wrote:
Seems like it, along with some posts in this thread about them.
That's sad and pathetic if true.
JPC
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Sat Aug 20, 2022 10:11 pm

Yay for free discussion. That's ridiculous censorship. A thread should be a back and forth.
RoboKillah
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Sat Aug 20, 2022 10:54 pm

A thread here should be a CIVIL back and forth. That's all we ask.

Nothing was removed from this thread as far as I know. And if there were posts removed it's probably because it's the STAR WARS thread.

The other thread was nuked for the only reason any thread gets nuked around here....people whining and bitching at each other instead of saying their peace and moving on, fighting the urge to have the last word, steering the thread off topic for pages and pages. Which is the second time it's happened to that exact same thread.

So spare us the "man keeping us down and trying to silence us" shitposting. If people could just get along there wouldn't be a problem.

Ru_1977
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Sat Aug 20, 2022 10:56 pm

Sorry, I thought I'd seen a couple more in here about it that were later missing. Maybe I'm crossing wires on the threads.
Amazing_Spider-Man
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Sat Aug 20, 2022 11:07 pm

I'm glad this forum has active moderation. Seen several forums where that's not the case and once they go to shit, they stay shit.
JPC
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Sat Aug 20, 2022 11:10 pm

RoboKillah wrote:
Sat Aug 20, 2022 10:54 pm
So spare us the "man keeping us down and trying to silence us" shitposting. If people could just get along there wouldn't be a problem.
If moderators actually enforced civility amongst particular posters, maybe threads wouldn't devolve in the same way when the same person gets involved and starts treating everyone else as punching bags? I've PMed you twice about that and gotten no response, multiple posters have complained many times - and y'all continue to do nothing but nuke an otherwise interesting thread every now and then. So no - I won't spare you anything when you actively refuse to moderate without simply eliminating discussion.

Return to “Yavin 4: The Unofficial Star Wars Toy Board”