Star Wars Black 6 inch General Discussion

MAY THE TOYS BE WITH YOU! - Star Wars Black series both 6 inch and 3 and 3/4, vintage, POTF2, whatever! If it's a toy related to Star Wars then come talk about it!
Amazing_Spider-Man
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!
TheFwoosh.com rules: Yes

Re: Star Wars Black 6 inch General Discussion

Thu Jun 30, 2022 9:18 pm

g3rman1a wrote:
Thu Jun 30, 2022 7:55 pm
docsilence wrote:
Thu Jun 30, 2022 7:47 pm
Awful idea that just sprang to mind with talk of his final look from the series - I'd pick it up because it feels like an homage to that Mythos look that Sideshow did some amazing (expensive) statues of, but I would absolutely lose it if they put out a set with him and his Eopie. I mean, they put out tauntauns and dewbacks and Hasbro's been knocking it out of the park with animal figures in their other lines...
How we don't have a Blurrg already is beyond me.
It's even worse that TVC doesn't have one when you look at what Mattel is doing for the Hammond Collection at $20 for a 3.75" scaled dinosaur.
Akatsuki
Fwoosh Armored Division Platoon Leader

Fri Jul 01, 2022 12:26 am

Just got Boba Fett (Throne Room) from Dorkside! No shipping notice so it was a very pleasant surprise!

Awesome figure. Kind of wish we had swappable heads though.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Trunks3540
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Fri Jul 01, 2022 8:54 am

Ru_1977 wrote:
Trunks3540 wrote:
Thu Jun 30, 2022 7:08 pm
I'll get the blue Jedi Robes from the end too if they make it and it's not super expensive as a deluxe or creature pack or anything. That's my favorite look from the show. He has like the black half trench coat on. So cool.

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk
I keep seeing it called blue, but is this what you're referring to?

SPOILER ahead for the show as this is one of the last scenes on the series:
Spoiler! :
I coulda swore I saw him wearing a blue version of that in show at some point, I thought it was near the end. But I can't for the life of me find a picture of it. So maybe it was my mind playing tricks on me, or his lightsaber maybe making the outfit look blue? Which is probably very likely. I'll have to go looking on the actual show for it again.

Ru_1977
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Fri Jul 01, 2022 8:58 am

I wouldn't be surprised if the lighting did something. Some of the scenes in the finale are so dark then the lightsaber blades etc.
rocketsfan713
HULK SMASH!

Fri Jul 01, 2022 9:02 am

Amazon just charged me for cobb vanth
scribb
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Fri Jul 01, 2022 2:36 pm

Super Camel wrote:I was able to get Teeka and Jabiim Obi Wan. Very easy to get Teeka.

He's still up for those who want him

https://www.target.com/p/-/A-84794242
I think the price of Teeka might be the reason he is still available.
mikeysee
Runs Around in Tights

Fri Jul 01, 2022 4:18 pm

Just got word from Pulse that my Stormie George will be shipping in the next few days.
Trunks3540
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Fri Jul 01, 2022 6:33 pm

So I went back and checked and it does seem to be the lighting, the darkness mixed with the lighting they have of inside the ship, and probably some of the lightsaber lighting during the final fight. I can't see him actually wearing a blue Jedi outfit. It looks like it's the brown one under different lights. Which is crazy cause when I watched it the first time I was like "that blue outfit looks cool, when did he change clothes though?" Lol. So yea, probably won't be getting a figure in that outfit. Although it does look really cool in blue with a black cloak.

Ru_1977
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Fri Jul 01, 2022 6:49 pm

Thank you for looking into it. I had assumed this Jabiim figure was what he wore in episodes 4 and 5, as well as the duel in 6.
Spoiler! :
It's SOOOO damned dark, and the light on the rebel ship really casts a bluish tint to it

And if I had one criticism for the finale, it would be: set Kenobi's duel with Vader somewhere that doesn't look at all like Tatooine and during the day time, just to help distinguish from the scenes with the Lars a little more.

CO_Alex
CROM!

Fri Jul 01, 2022 8:49 pm

If anyone still need Clone Wars Mace he is up for $29.99 plus $6.99 shipping on Walmart’s site and some Amazon sellers for $37 with free shipping with Amazon Prime. It’s the cheapest I’ve seen him so far. I don’t recall if he was $24.99 when he was first released.

Roufuss
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Sat Jul 02, 2022 5:51 am

CO_Alex wrote:
If anyone still need Clone Wars Mace he is up for $29.99 plus $6.99 shipping on Walmart’s site and some Amazon sellers for $37 with free shipping with Amazon Prime. It’s the cheapest I’ve seen him so far. I don’t recall if he was $24.99 when he was first released.

They were $26.49 when Walmart put all 3 up, at least Grievous was according to my order history.

Those prices are comparable to what it cost after shipping really if you got it from Walmart proper. Not bad!
CO_Alex
CROM!

Sat Jul 02, 2022 2:16 pm

Roufuss wrote:
CO_Alex wrote:

They were $26.49 when Walmart put all 3 up, at least Grievous was according to my order history.

Those prices are comparable to what it cost after shipping really if you got it from Walmart proper. Not bad!
I couldn’t recall what Walmart had them originally priced at, but I’ve been checking the prices for a while and jumped on this last night when I saw this. I kept telling myself I didn’t need this version, but I was wrong, lol.

JPC
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Sat Jul 02, 2022 6:24 pm

Awww man! Missed it back in stock. I've been checking almost every day and caved and got Mace from Amazon earlier this week for $38.50 but man I feel dirty.
docsilence
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Sat Jul 02, 2022 9:32 pm

Eh, I just caved and got Mace for 37 from Amazon. I know these exclusives have been popping up elsewhere sometimes, but even if BBTS were to get him in a year, figure between a couple bucks markup and even with their cheap shipping it'd be over 30 bucks, and I'd love to put him next to the Kenobi and Skywalker armored Clone Wars figures on the shelf. I swear right now I'm just desperate for some retail therapy!

Speaking of, Pulse just UNLEASHED some preorders. Echo, the Mando generic, George, and a bunch of Joes I've got like eight small boxes headed my way this week right when I needed the endorphin boost.
Roufuss
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Sun Jul 03, 2022 5:12 pm

Hell yeah, Cobb Vanth just shipped from Amazon!

Return to “Yavin 4: The Unofficial Star Wars Toy Board”