Star Wars Black 6 inch General Discussion

MAY THE TOYS BE WITH YOU! - Star Wars Black series both 6 inch and 3 and 3/4, vintage, POTF2, whatever! If it's a toy related to Star Wars then come talk about it!
User avatar
Reinanigans
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!
TheFwoosh.com rules: Yes
Posts: 1775
Joined: Mon Jun 23, 2014 1:23 pm

Star Wars Black 6 inch General Discussion

Wed Jun 29, 2022 8:37 pm

Amazing_Spider-Man wrote:Is the Jedi tunic an overlay? None of the shots seem to show articulation there.
Yes. All of the newly sculpted figures from this wave have been using overlays over what seems to be a new stock torso. Allows for added articulation while making it easier to create new sculpts. It’s a fantastic step forward for the line.
User avatar
Ru_1977
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!
TheFwoosh.com rules: Yes
Location: Los Angeles, CA
Posts: 6487
Joined: Thu Jul 19, 2018 12:23 am

Re: Star Wars Black 6 inch General Discussion

Wed Jun 29, 2022 9:00 pm

g3rman1a wrote:
Wed Jun 29, 2022 8:36 pm
Thought a T-16 skyhopper toy would have been a perfect pack-in for Teeka. Ah well.
Agreed, but I wonder if instead it will come with the Kenobi from the finale, thus likely a deluxe figure.
Benedict
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!
TheFwoosh.com rules: Yes
Posts: 1309
Joined: Fri Nov 23, 2018 4:49 am

Re: Star Wars Black 6 inch General Discussion

Thu Jun 30, 2022 12:14 am

Amazing_Spider-Man wrote:
Wed Jun 29, 2022 7:37 pm
Is the Jedi tunic an overlay? None of the shots seem to show articulation there.
Looks solid, not much give in the plastic near the shoulders.
User avatar
Ibentmyman-thing
Shakespeare of Fwoosh
TheFwoosh.com rules: Yes
Posts: 22236
Joined: Thu Sep 22, 2005 12:45 am

Re: Star Wars Black 6 inch General Discussion

Thu Jun 30, 2022 12:37 am

I want a Tatooine Jawa like the Offworld Jawa, with the fabric cloak but without the underlying coffin of plastic. The archive version of the Jawa added the fabric robe but kept the coffin, which made no sense. Teeka goes back to the plastic robe, which means stunted leg articulation. They're killing me.
User avatar
Reinanigans
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!
TheFwoosh.com rules: Yes
Posts: 1775
Joined: Mon Jun 23, 2014 1:23 pm

Re: Star Wars Black 6 inch General Discussion

Thu Jun 30, 2022 4:06 am

Image

Got my George in. Immediately swapped to this and put a spare Skywalker Strikes Luke head on the stormtrooper body. I like George as a Rebel more than a stormtrooper.
User avatar
JTMarsh
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!
TheFwoosh.com rules: Yes
Posts: 1730
Joined: Fri May 10, 2019 8:23 am

Re: Star Wars Black 6 inch General Discussion

Thu Jun 30, 2022 8:01 am

Good choice, that Rebel trooper outfit looks more like a photographer's vest anyway.
User avatar
MickJohnson
Runs Around in Tights
TheFwoosh.com rules: Yes
Location: Straya
Posts: 267
Joined: Thu Jan 14, 2021 1:28 am

Re: Star Wars Black 6 inch General Discussion

Thu Jun 30, 2022 9:13 am

Ru_1977 wrote:
Wed Jun 29, 2022 6:57 pm
Also this guy, not a Target exclusive
The Jabiim version looks so... ugh. Bland. Sorry if anyone disagrees.

I loved the show to death but I am disliking the overuse of the ILM LED volume to form the backdrop of really dull looking scenes. That whole episode was all brown and boring looking.

I'd much prefer the outfit from the final episode with the goggles around his neck, which is an obvious nod to the look from the Marvel comics in 2016. Perhaps a deluxe release of that costume while riding his eopie? T-16 toy strapped to the side? That would be cool.

Meanwhile... I'm still patiently waiting for them to do a single wide release of the Episode IV cantina Obi-Wan...
User avatar
docsilence
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!
Contact:
TheFwoosh.com rules: Yes
Location: Salem, MA
Posts: 4600
Joined: Wed Aug 16, 2017 7:05 am

Re: Star Wars Black 6 inch General Discussion

Thu Jun 30, 2022 6:06 pm

Teeka and Obi-Wan are live.
Teeka: https://www.target.com/p/-/A-84794242

Obi-Wan looks like everywhere
User avatar
Super Camel
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!
TheFwoosh.com rules: Yes
Posts: 3741
Joined: Thu Jan 23, 2014 4:02 am

Re: Star Wars Black 6 inch General Discussion

Thu Jun 30, 2022 6:10 pm

I was able to get Teeka and Jabiim Obi Wan. Very easy to get Teeka.

He's still up for those who want him

https://www.target.com/p/-/A-84794242
NORM
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!
Contact:
TheFwoosh.com rules: Yes
Location: Garden State
Posts: 41668
Joined: Tue Nov 04, 2003 6:25 pm

Re: Star Wars Black 6 inch General Discussion

Thu Jun 30, 2022 7:06 pm

Reinanigans wrote:
Thu Jun 30, 2022 4:06 am
Image

Got my George in. Immediately swapped to this and put a spare Skywalker Strikes Luke head on the stormtrooper body. I like George as a Rebel more than a stormtrooper.
I love it. Any fuss getting that Lucas head on the Rebel Fleet Trooper? I've tried other heads on that body for diversity, to zero success. I saw someone swap the Lucas head onto the old man Xavier from the Logan movie 2pk. Looked awesome. I feel like Stan Lee should be hanging with this trio. Also, does that body really reflect Filoni's height??
User avatar
Trunks3540
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!
TheFwoosh.com rules: Yes
Posts: 3019
Joined: Fri Jul 20, 2012 4:03 pm

Re: Star Wars Black 6 inch General Discussion

Thu Jun 30, 2022 7:08 pm

I'll get the blue Jedi Robes from the end too if they make it and it's not super expensive as a deluxe or creature pack or anything. That's my favorite look from the show. He has like the black half trench coat on. So cool.

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

User avatar
Ru_1977
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!
TheFwoosh.com rules: Yes
Location: Los Angeles, CA
Posts: 6487
Joined: Thu Jul 19, 2018 12:23 am

Re: Star Wars Black 6 inch General Discussion

Thu Jun 30, 2022 7:20 pm

Trunks3540 wrote:
Thu Jun 30, 2022 7:08 pm
I'll get the blue Jedi Robes from the end too if they make it and it's not super expensive as a deluxe or creature pack or anything. That's my favorite look from the show. He has like the black half trench coat on. So cool.

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk
I keep seeing it called blue, but is this what you're referring to?

SPOILER ahead for the show as this is one of the last scenes on the series:
Spoiler! :
Image
User avatar
docsilence
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!
Contact:
TheFwoosh.com rules: Yes
Location: Salem, MA
Posts: 4600
Joined: Wed Aug 16, 2017 7:05 am

Re: Star Wars Black 6 inch General Discussion

Thu Jun 30, 2022 7:47 pm

Awful idea that just sprang to mind with talk of his final look from the series - I'd pick it up because it feels like an homage to that Mythos look that Sideshow did some amazing (expensive) statues of, but I would absolutely lose it if they put out a set with him and his Eopie. I mean, they put out tauntauns and dewbacks and Hasbro's been knocking it out of the park with animal figures in their other lines...
User avatar
g3rman1a
Runs Around in Tights
TheFwoosh.com rules: Yes
Posts: 232
Joined: Thu Sep 07, 2017 3:13 am

Re: Star Wars Black 6 inch General Discussion

Thu Jun 30, 2022 7:55 pm

docsilence wrote:
Thu Jun 30, 2022 7:47 pm
Awful idea that just sprang to mind with talk of his final look from the series - I'd pick it up because it feels like an homage to that Mythos look that Sideshow did some amazing (expensive) statues of, but I would absolutely lose it if they put out a set with him and his Eopie. I mean, they put out tauntauns and dewbacks and Hasbro's been knocking it out of the park with animal figures in their other lines...
How we don't have a Blurrg already is beyond me.
User avatar
Reinanigans
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!
TheFwoosh.com rules: Yes
Posts: 1775
Joined: Mon Jun 23, 2014 1:23 pm

Re: Star Wars Black 6 inch General Discussion

Thu Jun 30, 2022 8:32 pm

NORM wrote:
Reinanigans wrote:
Thu Jun 30, 2022 4:06 am
Image

Got my George in. Immediately swapped to this and put a spare Skywalker Strikes Luke head on the stormtrooper body. I like George as a Rebel more than a stormtrooper.
I love it. Any fuss getting that Lucas head on the Rebel Fleet Trooper? I've tried other heads on that body for diversity, to zero success. I saw someone swap the Lucas head onto the old man Xavier from the Logan movie 2pk. Looked awesome. I feel like Stan Lee should be hanging with this trio. Also, does that body really reflect Filoni's height??
Oh, there was a lot of fussing but ultimately I just used the neck peg from the same Skywalker Strikes Luke. Fits like a glove after heating up the actual trooper neck.

And no, the Luke X-Wing body is way too short (and thin) for Filoni.

Image

But we technically never saw *Trapper Wolf* standing up. :lol:

Return to “Yavin 4: The Unofficial Star Wars Toy Board”