Star Wars Black 6 inch General Discussion

MAY THE TOYS BE WITH YOU! - Star Wars Black series both 6 inch and 3 and 3/4, vintage, POTF2, whatever! If it's a toy related to Star Wars then come talk about it!
Reinanigans
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!
TheFwoosh.com rules: Yes

Star Wars Black 6 inch General Discussion

Wed Jun 29, 2022 8:37 pm

Amazing_Spider-Man wrote:Is the Jedi tunic an overlay? None of the shots seem to show articulation there.
Yes. All of the newly sculpted figures from this wave have been using overlays over what seems to be a new stock torso. Allows for added articulation while making it easier to create new sculpts. It’s a fantastic step forward for the line.
Ru_1977
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Re: Star Wars Black 6 inch General Discussion

Wed Jun 29, 2022 9:00 pm

g3rman1a wrote:
Wed Jun 29, 2022 8:36 pm
Thought a T-16 skyhopper toy would have been a perfect pack-in for Teeka. Ah well.
Agreed, but I wonder if instead it will come with the Kenobi from the finale, thus likely a deluxe figure.
Benedict
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Thu Jun 30, 2022 12:14 am

Amazing_Spider-Man wrote:
Wed Jun 29, 2022 7:37 pm
Is the Jedi tunic an overlay? None of the shots seem to show articulation there.
Looks solid, not much give in the plastic near the shoulders.
Ibentmyman-thing
Shakespeare of Fwoosh

Thu Jun 30, 2022 12:37 am

I want a Tatooine Jawa like the Offworld Jawa, with the fabric cloak but without the underlying coffin of plastic. The archive version of the Jawa added the fabric robe but kept the coffin, which made no sense. Teeka goes back to the plastic robe, which means stunted leg articulation. They're killing me.
Reinanigans
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Thu Jun 30, 2022 4:06 am

Got my George in. Immediately swapped to this and put a spare Skywalker Strikes Luke head on the stormtrooper body. I like George as a Rebel more than a stormtrooper.
JTMarsh
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Thu Jun 30, 2022 8:01 am

Good choice, that Rebel trooper outfit looks more like a photographer's vest anyway.
MickJohnson
Runs Around in Tights

Thu Jun 30, 2022 9:13 am

Ru_1977 wrote:
Wed Jun 29, 2022 6:57 pm
Also this guy, not a Target exclusive
The Jabiim version looks so... ugh. Bland. Sorry if anyone disagrees.

I loved the show to death but I am disliking the overuse of the ILM LED volume to form the backdrop of really dull looking scenes. That whole episode was all brown and boring looking.

I'd much prefer the outfit from the final episode with the goggles around his neck, which is an obvious nod to the look from the Marvel comics in 2016. Perhaps a deluxe release of that costume while riding his eopie? T-16 toy strapped to the side? That would be cool.

Meanwhile... I'm still patiently waiting for them to do a single wide release of the Episode IV cantina Obi-Wan...
docsilence
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Thu Jun 30, 2022 6:06 pm

Teeka and Obi-Wan are live.
Teeka: https://www.target.com/p/-/A-84794242

Obi-Wan looks like everywhere
Super Camel
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Thu Jun 30, 2022 6:10 pm

I was able to get Teeka and Jabiim Obi Wan. Very easy to get Teeka.

He's still up for those who want him

https://www.target.com/p/-/A-84794242
NORM
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Thu Jun 30, 2022 7:06 pm

Reinanigans wrote:

Got my George in. Immediately swapped to this and put a spare Skywalker Strikes Luke head on the stormtrooper body. I like George as a Rebel more than a stormtrooper.
I love it. Any fuss getting that Lucas head on the Rebel Fleet Trooper? I've tried other heads on that body for diversity, to zero success. I saw someone swap the Lucas head onto the old man Xavier from the Logan movie 2pk. Looked awesome. I feel like Stan Lee should be hanging with this trio. Also, does that body really reflect Filoni's height??
Trunks3540
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Thu Jun 30, 2022 7:08 pm

I'll get the blue Jedi Robes from the end too if they make it and it's not super expensive as a deluxe or creature pack or anything. That's my favorite look from the show. He has like the black half trench coat on. So cool.

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

Ru_1977
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Thu Jun 30, 2022 7:20 pm

Trunks3540 wrote:
Thu Jun 30, 2022 7:08 pm
I'll get the blue Jedi Robes from the end too if they make it and it's not super expensive as a deluxe or creature pack or anything. That's my favorite look from the show. He has like the black half trench coat on. So cool.

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk
I keep seeing it called blue, but is this what you're referring to?

SPOILER ahead for the show as this is one of the last scenes on the series:
Spoiler! :
docsilence
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Thu Jun 30, 2022 7:47 pm

Awful idea that just sprang to mind with talk of his final look from the series - I'd pick it up because it feels like an homage to that Mythos look that Sideshow did some amazing (expensive) statues of, but I would absolutely lose it if they put out a set with him and his Eopie. I mean, they put out tauntauns and dewbacks and Hasbro's been knocking it out of the park with animal figures in their other lines...
g3rman1a
Runs Around in Tights

Thu Jun 30, 2022 7:55 pm

docsilence wrote:
Thu Jun 30, 2022 7:47 pm
Awful idea that just sprang to mind with talk of his final look from the series - I'd pick it up because it feels like an homage to that Mythos look that Sideshow did some amazing (expensive) statues of, but I would absolutely lose it if they put out a set with him and his Eopie. I mean, they put out tauntauns and dewbacks and Hasbro's been knocking it out of the park with animal figures in their other lines...
How we don't have a Blurrg already is beyond me.
Reinanigans
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Thu Jun 30, 2022 8:32 pm

NORM wrote:
Reinanigans wrote:

I love it. Any fuss getting that Lucas head on the Rebel Fleet Trooper? I've tried other heads on that body for diversity, to zero success. I saw someone swap the Lucas head onto the old man Xavier from the Logan movie 2pk. Looked awesome. I feel like Stan Lee should be hanging with this trio. Also, does that body really reflect Filoni's height??
Oh, there was a lot of fussing but ultimately I just used the neck peg from the same Skywalker Strikes Luke. Fits like a glove after heating up the actual trooper neck.

And no, the Luke X-Wing body is way too short (and thin) for Filoni.

But we technically never saw *Trapper Wolf* standing up. :lol:

Return to “Yavin 4: The Unofficial Star Wars Toy Board”