Star Wars Black 6 inch General Discussion

MAY THE TOYS BE WITH YOU! - Star Wars Black series both 6 inch and 3 and 3/4, vintage, POTF2, whatever! If it's a toy related to Star Wars then come talk about it!
docsilence
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!
TheFwoosh.com rules: Yes

Re: Star Wars Black 6 inch General Discussion

Thu May 19, 2022 5:12 am

I got the Umbra ARC trooper yesterday and I'd been a little on the fence about having ordered it but seeing it in hand, the colors look great. It's a very fun figure even if it's only a repaint. I dig it.
MickJohnson
Runs Around in Tights

Thu May 19, 2022 7:25 am

I've decided I'll only buy the Umbara ARC Trooper if I see one in-store and it looks better than expected.

I say this because I tend to stick to strictly canon material, and this trooper is questionably canon at best.
Super Camel
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Thu May 19, 2022 11:20 pm

This isn't a Black Series Figure question, but a Black Series FX Lightsaber question. But I just thought I'd ask it here since it all falls under the Black series Banner.

The new FX Obi Wan Kenobi Lightsaber looks incredible. But do you guys who buy these regularly think that when the Kenobi Saber is released next year, final product, that the lightsaber hilt will remain as thin and sleek as what Hasbro has shown so far?

I don't often buy these sabers, because sometimes the hilts seem too fat and chunky. This Kenobi hilt looks perfect. But I didn't know if the final products hilt would end up much larger. Does Hasbro have a pretty good record at delivering what is shown when it comes to these?

I'd hate to buy it only for it to ship and the hilt not be as cool as it looks on Pulse, or on the May the 4th Pulse reveal video where they first showed it.
Longbowhunter
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Fri May 20, 2022 12:41 am

yeah I also pre-ordered the Kenobi saber and I think it will look as good. Keep in mind,it has swappable neck pieces-the actual blade holding/dueling neck WILL be a thicker piece. But the display neck will be pretty screen accurate. For a comparison look at the Youtube videos of the Galaxies Edge Luke Legacy saber-same mechanics.
Super Camel
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Fri May 20, 2022 1:11 am

Longbowhunter wrote:
Fri May 20, 2022 12:41 am
yeah I also pre-ordered the Kenobi saber and I think it will look as good. Keep in mind,it has swappable neck pieces-the actual blade holding/dueling neck WILL be a thicker piece. But the display neck will be pretty screen accurate. For a comparison look at the Youtube videos of the Galaxies Edge Luke Legacy saber-same mechanics.
Thanks for recommending that video. I went and watched it and I see what you mean. if that's the only thing that's thicker is the neck to hold the blade, that's fine. I went and watched the May the 4 Hasbro Pulse video again and see where the neck to support the blade is thicker as you mentioned.

I think I will pre order it.

if the overall saber hilt is as sleek as what's shown on Pulse, or on that Pulse video. Or even that Legacy Luke saber, I'll be good to go.
Reinanigans
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Star Wars Black 6 inch General Discussion

Fri May 20, 2022 3:27 pm

Does anyone have both Wampas? The original 2-pack and the Pulsecon?

I’m trying to decide which I like better and which is more accurate.

I generally like the original better, and I think it’s overall more accurate. The joints seem better painted too. Ironically, the thing I like least on it is the blood. Not because I’m squeamish, but it makes it into one specific moment in time rather than a generic all-purpose Wampa.

The Pulsecon’s elbow joints aren’t painted and it looks to have less paint and less wash overall. I think the black palms and pink mouth are a little less accurate too. But I’m not an expert!

Zombie F-Body
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!
Location: "Never before have lives less lived been more chronicled"-Dennis Miller about social media

Fri May 20, 2022 11:20 pm

Found 'Throne Room' Boba Fett at WM yesterday. Haven't seen the series yet but I guess he ditches samurai pants for yoga style later in the series so I guess Hasbro will have me on the hook for that one too next! $31.99 wasn't bad sticker shock considering I paid close to that for Mandalorian Ahsoka a week ago at Target. I will say that compared to the "Deluxe" RotJ version this one offers a lot less for the higher price. No blast effects, rocket flames, fancy paint deco. Also in trying to fit the blasters into the hand the plastic will stress if you do it cold. Heating it up first allows for easier placement and will relax the plastic back to normal removing the stress marks. Still, for an premium costing figure, plastic like that is not cool. Hasbro may be pricing themselves out of the game here soon, at least with me. After dropping $150 (or will drop when it comes in near the end of the year) for the Mojo set which is just 2-regular priced 6" figures and a Deluxe (I could care less for the Wolverine accessory), Hasbro may be reaching a little too far these days.
Trunks3540
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Fri May 20, 2022 11:46 pm

I got my shipment from DS today. 2 501st, Bly, Fennec, and Ahsoka. The clones are all as expected. The 501st are kind gummy, which is irritating. But they're still pretty cool. Bly is alot harder plastic wise, but his knees look weird. They look like they're reversed, the right on the left and vice versa. But I compared them to the 501st and they're on the right sides. Just look crooked I suppose. Haven't figured out quite how to fix it yet. But all in all I like him too.

The real gems are Fennec and Ahsoka. This is what happens when they try. They're not perfect but still pretty good. I will list the cons though.

For Fennec, her gun strap looks weird when she's holding the rifle like she would. Luckily it comes off. And mine has one of her eyebrows rubbed off. May have happened when I tried to put the helmet on, which is another con. This helmet kinda sucks. It's too tight, and it doesn't fit right on her head, at least any way I could get it to. An alternate head would've been better. I'll have to repaint the eyebrow and figure out what to do about paint rub and the helmet. Her knees also look weird, like most of these new BS figures. Not as bad as some figures, just odd in some poses. Luckily the skirt kinda covers up most of that. But the likeness is really good, the face printing besides the one eyebrow seems good, and she can hold her rifle pretty close to how she should.

Ahsoka is fantastic. The likeness is spot on. The face printing looks perfect. The body looks exactly like it should. She had the proper wrist hinges. Her paint on the suit is excellent. And the lightsabers are top notch. Her only issue, again, is the knees. They look weird in some poses. I see why they did it the way they did, and it probably looks better then it would've if they did it more like they did the PR Ninjetti rangers, but it still looks weird in the back And when her knees are bent, the cloth just kinda juts out in front. Also, I like the fact she has butterfly joints, but mine seem to be stuck, or just really hard to move. Almost feel like I'll break it if I force it. So their inclusion is cool, but they don't seem all that functional. And, the unavoidable, her head can't look up. But that's cause of the design, not the figure. Still not sold on these double barbell joints for the heads either. But it doesn't really hurt in this case since she wouldn't be able to look up anyway.

All in all I'm really happy with these. Some minor issues that keep them from being perfect. But so far, Ahsoka and Fennec may be 2 of my faves this year. It helps they're also 2 of my fave characters. And the clones do what I need them to, gummy plastic and all.

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

Ru_1977
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Sat May 21, 2022 2:03 am

Trunks3540 wrote:
Fri May 20, 2022 11:46 pm
This helmet kinda sucks. It's too tight, and it doesn't fit right on her head, at least any way I could get it to. An alternate head would've been better.
Definitely. I would appreciate if they do that for all figures they'd other wise do a removable helmet for. The thrill I experience from the second it takes to put a helmet on or pull it off is not worth having awful looking helmeted characters on the shelf.
docsilence
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Sat May 21, 2022 6:23 am

Reinanigans wrote:
Fri May 20, 2022 3:27 pm
Does anyone have both Wampas? The original 2-pack and the Pulsecon?

I’m trying to decide which I like better and which is more accurate.

I generally like the original better, and I think it’s overall more accurate. The joints seem better painted too. Ironically, the thing I like least on it is the blood. Not because I’m squeamish, but it makes it into one specific moment in time rather than a generic all-purpose Wampa.

The Pulsecon’s elbow joints aren’t painted and it looks to have less paint and less wash overall. I think the black palms and pink mouth are a little less accurate too. But I’m not an expert!

I've got both, and honestly I like the original better for the same reason you do - I like the generic, all-purpose Wampa look rather than the bloodied one. Having both is fun though because it allows for setting up different scenes, but if I had to pick one or the other, the unbloodied is my preference. But honestly, don't break the bank for it. The quality is similar enough on both that they're equally nice.
Nebraska
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Sat May 21, 2022 9:53 pm

Picked up The Client & Ahsoka at Target this afternoon. No sign of the Mandalorian.
Ibentmyman-thing
Shakespeare of Fwoosh

Sat May 21, 2022 9:57 pm

I have both Wampa and I would still buy a third one if it had a fully articulated arm instead of the removable feature. I've never liked that aspect of him.
DIGITALSELF
Super Poseable

Sat May 21, 2022 10:25 pm

Ibentmyman-thing wrote:
Sat May 21, 2022 9:57 pm
I have both Wampa and I would still buy a third one if it had a fully articulated arm instead of the removable feature. I've never liked that aspect of him.
I'm with you on that!
Trunks3540
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Sun May 22, 2022 10:13 am

So I was gonna jack Luke's cape from the WM exclusive figure to give to Ahsoka. But then I remembered I had an extra since I bought a 2nd one to customize. So I gave her that instead. Lemme tell you, it looks fantastic. It felt like some of the stitching may come out on the front though, cause of how it had to stretch a little to get on the figure. So I just dabbed a little super glue on the back side and hardened it up on that seem a little. Now it feels nice and sturdy as long as I don't pull it hard enough to rip it. It really adds another level of personality to the figure imo. Sorry for the crappy pics. I'm not a photographer lol.ImageImageImageImage

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

MickJohnson
Runs Around in Tights

Sun May 22, 2022 11:44 am

The potential is definitely there for some custom makers to produce overcoats for this Ahsoka figure. That looks great!

Return to “Yavin 4: The Unofficial Star Wars Toy Board”