Star Wars Black 6 inch General Discussion

MAY THE TOYS BE WITH YOU! - Star Wars Black series both 6 inch and 3 and 3/4, vintage, POTF2, whatever! If it's a toy related to Star Wars then come talk about it!
Reinanigans
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!
TheFwoosh.com rules: Yes

Re: Star Wars Black 6 inch General Discussion

Wed May 18, 2022 2:59 pm

NORM wrote:So it's gotta be Krylon brand? I used to matte spray my customs years and years ago. And they eventually got so sticky in storage, I had to throw them away. I haven't even considered it again for fear of ruining more figures.
Not sure if it’s required, but I originally used it on a figure over a year ago and it’s not sticky yet. I keep them all in a glass display in low humidity, so that probably helps.
EnigmaticClarity
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Wed May 18, 2022 3:30 pm

Walmart Mace has gone up for in-stock sale several times over the last month or so. Last time someone noted it here a few weeks ago I got one. That doesn't speak well for pre-orders, so I'd be watching the Walmart item page for him like a hawk if I didn't have him and really wanted him.

However, the pattern over the last year or so is that Walmart exclusives are hard to get at first but then go up for sale for weeks or months and are easy to get. Hopefully that ends up being true with Mace.
Reefer Shark
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Wed May 18, 2022 3:54 pm

I've been watching the Arc Trooper page like a hawk for a long time now, since the initial pre-order sell out. And just am not having any luck at all. :(

Might have to just accept that this one isnt going to make it into my collection uless I want to pay more than double SRP..
joshsquash729
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Wed May 18, 2022 4:06 pm

I have seen the ARC Trooper pop into stock, but it's from 3rd party sellers, so it's always around 60-70 bucks, either with or without free shipping. I want the figure pretty badly, but I don't know if I want it that badly. But if anyone is willing to spend that price, it's worth keeping an eye out.

They still haven't shipped my pre-ordered Grievous from, what, a year or more ago? Which sucks, because Grievous is one of my favorite characters and I love the OG Clone Wars version. I did luck out on them shipping Mace, though. He's a great figure. Wish they'd make more (non-exclusive) version of the Jedi with Clone armor on, Plo especially.
Reefer Shark
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Wed May 18, 2022 5:19 pm

joshsquash729 wrote:
Wed May 18, 2022 4:06 pm
I have seen the ARC Trooper pop into stock, but it's from 3rd party sellers, so it's always around 60-70 bucks, either with or without free shipping. I want the figure pretty badly, but I don't know if I want it that badly. But if anyone is willing to spend that price, it's worth keeping an eye out.

They still haven't shipped my pre-ordered Grievous from, what, a year or more ago? Which sucks, because Grievous is one of my favorite characters and I love the OG Clone Wars version. I did luck out on them shipping Mace, though. He's a great figure. Wish they'd make more (non-exclusive) version of the Jedi with Clone armor on, Plo especially.
Yeah, I see him pop up regularly for $60-70 from thrid party sellers. I find it pretty distatesful to see that at Walmart's website for some reason, but maybe that's just me lol

I've also been watching ebay for deals on him. New ones go for about $50, hoping to spend about $30-35 on a loose or damaged card trooper.
chewblacca
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Wed May 18, 2022 6:52 pm

I haunted the Walmart black series listings for days until I finally got a Mace and Arc Trooper. Be persistent and keep checking. They’ll come back.
Reefer Shark
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Wed May 18, 2022 7:21 pm

chewblacca wrote:
I haunted the Walmart black series listings for days until I finally got a Mace and Arc Trooper. Be persistent and keep checking. They’ll come back.
That's good to hear! Maybe my timing just sucks.

Was it recently that you were able to secure the Arc Trooper?
chewblacca
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Wed May 18, 2022 8:53 pm

Reefer Shark wrote:
chewblacca wrote:

I got my Arc Trooper 2 weeks ago.
Reefer Shark
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Wed May 18, 2022 9:19 pm

chewblacca wrote:
Wed May 18, 2022 8:53 pm
Reefer Shark wrote:
chewblacca wrote:

I got my Arc Trooper 2 weeks ago.
Awesome, thanks chewblacca!
Super Camel
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Wed May 18, 2022 11:55 pm

Has anyone in the US got the Umbra ARC Trooper from GameStop? Be it from their online pre order or in a retail store?

I know it was supposed to come out May13th. But I know how GameStop is with keeping to release dates. So, I didn't know if it was releasing yet or not.
christianpyro
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Wed May 18, 2022 11:58 pm

Super Camel wrote:
Wed May 18, 2022 11:55 pm
Has anyone in the US got the Umbra ARC Trooper from GameStop? Be it from their online pre order or in a retail store?

I know it was supposed to come out May13th. But I know how GameStop is with keeping to release dates. So, I didn't know if it was releasing yet or not.
Mine was supposedly shipped and arriving tomorrow.

Edit: Actually it arrived today! :D
chewblacca
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Thu May 19, 2022 2:21 am

Got my Umbra troopers yesterday from GameStop.
Prophet924
Thwipp!

Thu May 19, 2022 2:39 am

My Umbra has the dreaded “awaiting product availability” tag. Ever since Robo called it the “Hallowee” trooper I’ve wanted it more. I love holiday repaints!

Thwipp!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Reefer Shark
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Thu May 19, 2022 4:07 am

Mine has the “awaiting product availability” thing going too. They did charge me for the figure, so Im
hoping its about to be shipped.
Super Camel
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Thu May 19, 2022 5:03 am

Cool! I'm glad it's shipping out. I hope I can find one out in the wild. I convinced myself I didn't want it and cancelled my pre order some time ago. Now.......I kind of want it lol.

Return to “Yavin 4: The Unofficial Star Wars Toy Board”