Star Wars Black 6 inch General Discussion

MAY THE TOYS BE WITH YOU! - Star Wars Black series both 6 inch and 3 and 3/4, vintage, POTF2, whatever! If it's a toy related to Star Wars then come talk about it!
Reinanigans
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!
TheFwoosh.com rules: Yes

Re: Star Wars Black 6 inch General Discussion

Fri Jan 28, 2022 3:59 am

BBTS let me know that Hasbro had to delay the Baze Malbus figure to April due to covid. I don’t think Cassian was gonna be out until then anyway, but sheesh. I’m sitting on 4/6 of a complete team and it’s driving me cuckoo. And let’s not even mention Galen Erso or Antoc Merrick.

I wonder if Hasbro will ever get its distribution issues sorted out.

I guess I *am* very happy with my new little Pit Droid. :)
MickJohnson
Runs Around in Tights

Fri Jan 28, 2022 5:27 am

I got my K-2S0 figure the other day. I'm late to SWBS so I never got it before on its first release.

My oh my it is a nice figure. Plenty of articulation, and amazing detail in the sculpt. Plus the paint with slight weathering here and there is great.

It's also a very freaky looking droid when you see it in person, with proportions that evoke a Slender Man robot more than anything. Very evil, very Imperial. And with its latest appearance which can be spoiled elsewhere it was good timing to receive it! I only wish it came with an appropriate blaster.

Now if I could get it to stand up for more than a day without falling over, that would be great...
JPC
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Fri Jan 28, 2022 8:13 am

Reinanigans wrote:
Fri Jan 28, 2022 3:59 am
BBTS let me know that Hasbro had to delay the Baze Malbus figure to April due to covid. I don’t think Cassian was gonna be out until then anyway, but sheesh. I’m sitting on 4/6 of a complete team and it’s driving me cuckoo. And let’s not even mention Galen Erso or Antoc Merrick.

I wonder if Hasbro will ever get its distribution issues sorted out.
Those all have to be stuck on cargo ships, right? Along with the holiday 6" figures that don't exist (*cough*).

Cassian is accidentally gonna be available the same time as his spin-off!
JPC
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Fri Jan 28, 2022 8:14 am

Ash Talon wrote:
Thu Jan 27, 2022 8:52 am
Koska...Cola.

Reeves...sleeves...sleeves for feet...slippers.

Koska Reeves...Cola slippers.

Totally see how that happened.
I appreciated this.

Also? Walmart totally demanded the slippers back.
NORM
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Fri Jan 28, 2022 10:58 am

Baze Malbus delayed til April on Pulse.
fearofdread
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Fri Jan 28, 2022 11:54 pm

Do you guys want Baze right now? He is peg warming on Toys R Us shelves in the Toronto area. Could be because he is listed at $43 Canadian (about $34 US).

If you guys want the figure quickly, I am happy to help. Shipping a figure from Toronto isn't that expensive (about $6 US) using a service that drops it right into USPS.

LMK if I can help.
Reinanigans
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Sat Jan 29, 2022 12:56 am

fearofdread wrote:
Fri Jan 28, 2022 11:54 pm
Do you guys want Baze right now? He is peg warming on Toys R Us shelves in the Toronto area. Could be because he is listed at $43 Canadian (about $34 US).

If you guys want the figure quickly, I am happy to help. Shipping a figure from Toronto isn't that expensive (about $6 US) using a service that drops it right into USPS.

LMK if I can help.
I appreciate it. If it were Baze + Cassian, I'd take you up on it. As it is, that'd put us at 5/6 of the team, which is almost worse in a way. :lol:
Nebraska
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Sat Jan 29, 2022 2:58 am

Is anyone else cutting back on their SW purchases this year? I was looking at what I have preordered and it's basically non-existent.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

christianpyro
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Sat Jan 29, 2022 3:02 am

I plan to. Honestly last years offerings were not as great as usual. So I didn't order as much. And with the rumored price hikes, I see myself being even pickier going forward.
g3rman1a
Runs Around in Tights

Sat Jan 29, 2022 3:15 am

I have only 1 active preorder. Even looking at the rumored list of figures, I'm only going to end up with 3 or 4.
MickJohnson
Runs Around in Tights

Sat Jan 29, 2022 4:31 am

My preorders list has dwindled because the upcoming releases have dried up quite significantly.
Ru_1977
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Sat Jan 29, 2022 4:35 am

Which is funny since preorders were getting out of hand. 12, 15 months out!
Super Camel
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Sat Jan 29, 2022 4:43 am

Nebraska wrote:
Sat Jan 29, 2022 2:58 am
Is anyone else cutting back on their SW purchases this year? I was looking at what I have preordered and it's basically non-existent.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk
I definitely am. I have always felt I just bought too much, because I buy practically everything Black Series. But the upcoming price hikes helped motivate me to finally do what needed done.

I still will buy anyone from the Prequel and Original Trilogy. But as far as everything else, like the Sequel Trilogy, Games, Cartoons, Comics, and Live Action Shows I really just want some certain things.

Jedi
Sith
Dark Side Users like Inquisitors, Savage Oppress, etc
Mandalorians
Bounty Hunters
Anyone that's a warrior or good in battle that could oppose Jedi, Sith, or Mando's

Stuff like that. I'm tired of buying some of these characters and troops that are only in a scene or two or are just from a Game and just aren't that big of a deal. Or things that are just minor deco changes.

I recently cancelled a few Game Stop and Target pre orders. For Target I cancelled Mando in snow, Antoc, and Galen.

Did I really need those? I have plenty of Mando and Grogu figures. Did I need that set where the only difference is a little snow on their clothes and a little spider? Felt like a waste of $40 dollars. Antoc and Galen are barely in the films. And while they are cool and all, they aren't really anyone I need or care about.

And the Game Stop Troops are out of control. I'm sick of buying all these Troop variations from games. I just want what's in the movies for the most part.

So, I just decided to cut some stuff and not be so complete. Just more pick and choose and get what I feel is most fun and important.
Reinanigans
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Sat Jan 29, 2022 5:14 am

4x figures from the Rogue One wave left preordered: Baze, Cassian, Galen Erso, Antoc Merrick
5x figures from the most recent wave: Tython Boba Fett, Fennec Shand, the Jeddah Storm Trooper, Bib Fortuna and Migs Mayfeld
1x George Lucas Storm Trooper
1x Cobb Vanth
1x Original flavor Captain Rex re-release (unless this is cancelled?)
1x The Disney Store Creature Pack of...6 figurines.
1 x "Throne Room" Boba Fett

That's a total of 14 separate orders if you count the creature pack as one. So...I guess I'm not slowing down! Once figures like the Client, Echo, Omega, Figrin D'an and the New Republic Security Droid are finally up for preorder...I'll grab those too. The slow distribution has felt awful, but at least it's a break for my wallet!

I'll always be selective about what I buy--I'm not interested in prequel or sequel era stuff, but I do love stuff from Rebels/Mandalorian/Boba Fett set during or just after the Empire.
NORM
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Sat Jan 29, 2022 5:30 pm

I've got throne room Fett, Cobb Vanth, Antoc Merrick, Galen Erso, Baze Malbus, Cassian Andor as open preorders. I think I also have Maldo Kreis Din Djarin/Grogu. I don't think there's anything else though. I can't recall any OT figures coming that I'm anticipating. I would buy Aayla Secura if it's true she's coming. I really don't think I have any other gaps I'd want to fill. I actually still kinda want Finn and Poe from RoS, maybe a Kylo Ren with a face print. I don't remember preordering Werner Herzog and am only reminded because of the previous post.

Return to “Yavin 4: The Unofficial Star Wars Toy Board”