Star Wars Black 6 inch General Discussion

MAY THE TOYS BE WITH YOU! - Star Wars Black series both 6 inch and 3 and 3/4, vintage, POTF2, whatever! If it's a toy related to Star Wars then come talk about it!
Andru
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!
TheFwoosh.com rules: Yes

Re: Star Wars Black 6 inch General Discussion

Sat Jan 22, 2022 6:33 pm

Freedom Fighter wrote:
Sat Jan 22, 2022 5:40 pm
It's been a long time since dorkside started shipping the Boba-Fennec Shand case and I haven't heard anything from them about mine. Their site won't let me email them so I guess I'm SOL for getting this much desired wave . has everyone else got it and moved on?
You can just e-mail them direct...

[email protected]
zodach
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Sat Jan 22, 2022 8:53 pm

Distribution is pretty sporadic right now and Star Wars might be one of the worst brands. I believe Dorkside only got a very small shipment of their cases and more are incoming. They could be days, weeks, or even months out though. It’s all up to Hasbro.
Trunks3540
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Sun Jan 23, 2022 1:38 pm

zodach wrote:Distribution is pretty sporadic right now and Star Wars might be one of the worst brands. I believe Dorkside only got a very small shipment of their cases and more are incoming. They could be days, weeks, or even months out though. It’s all up to Hasbro.
Last I heard was probably going to be March before they get them. But things can change.

I need some sort of hole filler. I was gonna use model putty but I wanted some advice from some other customizers on here. I need to fill in a bit of the holes on Kosska's knees from where I cut the knee pads off. I didn't cut the pegs properly and now they aren't a perfect fit to fill the hole in. It's the first figure I messed up on out of all the clones and such I've done so far which is good. But I nobody is perfect and I may end up screwing up again later. So I wouldn't mind having something for the future, as well as now. First time I've actually tried sculpting and filling in my long career lol.

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

Reinanigans
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Sun Jan 23, 2022 7:47 pm

I found a good deal on the Happy Hogan (Jon Favreau) figure and grabbed it. Since I don't have a dremel tool/was too afraid of possibly mutilating my toys/my hand, I ended up using a spare RotJ Boba Fett neck joint. The bottom of the neck fit perfectly into the Heavy Mandalorian chest. And then with a bit of putty, I popped the Favreau head on, and it works great!
pr1983
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Sun Jan 23, 2022 8:17 pm

This being the 20th anniversary of AOTC, should we expect some figures along that theme? Even re-releases of the likes of Dooku etc?
g3rman1a
Customized

Sun Jan 23, 2022 9:41 pm

Honestly, I wouldn't be too sure about AOTC figures. Besides the SW Celebration exclusives, I don't remember them doing anything for TPM.
Trunks3540
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Sun Jan 23, 2022 10:23 pm

I don't know if it was for the anniversary, but they did do exclusives in throwback cardbacks from TPM. Mace Windu, Jar Jar, Qui Gon, and a battle droid. They were pretty much like the other ones for the OT, but less of them and all exclusive to somewhere or another. Unless those are what you're referring to as Celebration excluisves, but I didn't think they were categorized as that.

g3rman1a
Customized

Sun Jan 23, 2022 10:33 pm

Trunks3540 wrote:
Sun Jan 23, 2022 10:23 pm
I don't know if it was for the anniversary, but they did do exclusives in throwback cardbacks from TPM. Mace Windu, Jar Jar, Qui Gon, and a battle droid. They were pretty much like the other ones for the OT, but less of them and all exclusive to somewhere or another. Unless those are what you're referring to as Celebration excluisves, but I didn't think they were categorized as that.

Those were actually for the 50th anniversary of Lucasfilm. The 20th anniversary was in 2019, with the Maul and Obi-Wan on cardbacks for SWC.
jkpopculture
Runs Around in Tights

Tue Jan 25, 2022 8:52 pm

I picked up the deluxe cal kestis because it was on sale on the GameStop website. I like the look of the standard cal more but this one is way easier to find so yeah. I am a little surprised that the bd1 included is based on a skin that is exclusive to the premium deluxe content. I bought that ad on after receiving a playstation gift card and was surprised to find that crimson skin in game . Up until this point I thought that it was based loosely on a different skin or maybe just a made up color scheme for the figure
JPC
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Thu Jan 27, 2022 3:28 am

Ordered Koska from Walmart and when she finally arrived just now inside the box was a pair of bright red Coca-Cola slippers. Unisex - so at least that's a win.

WTH?!? :)
CO_Alex
CROM!

Thu Jan 27, 2022 4:02 am

JPC wrote:Ordered Koska from Walmart and when she finally arrived just now inside the box was a pair of bright red Coca-Cola slippers. Unisex - so at least that's a win.

WTH?!? :)
I can’t imagine that it was an accident and not someone just wanting to screw with the order.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Ash Talon
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Thu Jan 27, 2022 8:52 am

Koska...Cola.

Reeves...sleeves...sleeves for feet...slippers.

Koska Reeves...Cola slippers.

Totally see how that happened.
NORM
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Thu Jan 27, 2022 10:47 am

Walmart sent me some vitamin D3 supplements with one of my orders. I actually take this supplement daily, but not from this random shipment.
Trunks3540
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Thu Jan 27, 2022 5:23 pm

I got RotJ Lando yesterday. After people suggesting it was actually a good figure and the promo shots didn't do it justice. It's not bad. It looks pretty close to Billy, but it does look a little, off? Not sure what it is. The likeness is there, but not spot on. The legs kinda suck, which I knew they would. But otherwise it's not a terrible figure. Now if they could just do a good one from ESB lol. I like the cloth cape. It fits well and doesn't intrude. Heads a bit loose though, I'll have to tighten that. These new neck joints are hit and miss, and for this particular figure it's a miss. Mine can't look up or down, just side to side. May have to try to fix that somehow too while I tighten the head.

Super Camel
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Thu Jan 27, 2022 11:32 pm

Though I haven't got an e-mail from Hasbro Pulse, it seems they have charged my card for the Archive Wave with 501st and Darth Revan. So, they may be incoming. The Nightbrother from Gamestop is scheduled to ship tomorrow, but we'll see what happens.

Return to “Yavin 4: The Unofficial Star Wars Toy Board”