Star Wars Black 6 inch General Discussion

MAY THE TOYS BE WITH YOU! - Star Wars Black series both 6 inch and 3 and 3/4, vintage, POTF2, whatever! If it's a toy related to Star Wars then come talk about it!
Slaker
Avengers Assemble
TheFwoosh.com rules: Yes

Re: Star Wars Black 6 inch General Discussion

Wed Jan 19, 2022 3:13 am

In the gi joe thread people have been reporting figures arriving from pulse without ever getting marked as shipped. It's possible that it's in transit currently and will show up without notice.
Super Camel
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Wed Jan 19, 2022 3:37 am

Cool. Thanks Norm and Slaker :) Hopefully I either get a notice soon like you Norm, or the figure just shows up like Slaker said. As long as Hasbro seems to be on it, it makes me feel better
Trunks3540
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Wed Jan 19, 2022 8:51 am

pr1983 wrote:
thefamousnicknaro wrote:
Tue Jan 18, 2022 7:45 pm
pr1983 wrote:Just watched Robo's review of the new Archive Wave... why oh why did they not use the Commander Kenobi head on the archive one?
Probably because they’d have had to retool something in order for it to work. Either the neck peg or the entire head. They don’t transfer easily on their own unfortunately.
Is it really cheaper to just mould a new head, though? I don't know either way, I'm just curious. Or is this new head somehow the old one but with better sculpting/printing?
The Archive Obi Wan is the exact same figure as the RotS figure. The head is just painted better then the old one.

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

pr1983
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Wed Jan 19, 2022 11:23 am

Trunks3540 wrote:
Wed Jan 19, 2022 8:51 am
pr1983 wrote:
thefamousnicknaro wrote:
Tue Jan 18, 2022 7:45 pm

Probably because they’d have had to retool something in order for it to work. Either the neck peg or the entire head. They don’t transfer easily on their own unfortunately.
Is it really cheaper to just mould a new head, though? I don't know either way, I'm just curious. Or is this new head somehow the old one but with better sculpting/printing?
The Archive Obi Wan is the exact same figure as the RotS figure. The head is just painted better then the old one.

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk
Ah ok. Disappointed, but that makes sense.
Super Camel
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Wed Jan 19, 2022 9:03 pm

So, after asking about her yesterday, my Jyn Erso figure shipped from Pulse today. I also noticed that my Nightbrother Warrior figure has been charged from GameStop. it doesn't seem to have shipped yet, but hopefully soon.
Prophet924
Thwipp!

Star Wars Black 6 inch General Discussion

Fri Jan 21, 2022 4:37 am

Don’t know if some have already received the Disney Parks droid depot four/five pack or not. Ha. Five pack…Mine is due Saturday. Can’t wait to see the pit droid. If I love it, i will be inclined to hunt down two more. I would like the three “stooges” droids.

Thwipp!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
CO_Alex
CROM!

Fri Jan 21, 2022 5:13 pm

I received an email from GameStop this morning about my upcoming Boba Fett order from Book of Boba Fett that is supposed to be released Jan 31st. I’m surprised that I may see this while I am still waiting for the latest Black Series Wave to be shipped.

zodach
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Fri Jan 21, 2022 5:50 pm

I would be shocked it Gamestop delivers on that Boba. I have several preorders that are now beyond the original release date. They either pushed back the date or just list it as "awaiting product availability."
Poe Ghostal
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Fri Jan 21, 2022 6:47 pm

zodach wrote:
Fri Jan 21, 2022 5:50 pm
I would be shocked it Gamestop delivers on that Boba. I have several preorders that are now beyond the original release date. They either pushed back the date or just list it as "awaiting product availability."
Agreed - no way that Boba will be delivered this soon. I've got one preordered there too and got that email as well, but I've got this, the Halo 20th anniversary set, and Perceptor/Coronation Starscream "awaiting product availability."
Ru_1977
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Fri Jan 21, 2022 7:55 pm

Heh, I saw "Book of Boba Fett" and got excited they'd announced the version from the show.
thewyldman
Super Poseable

Fri Jan 21, 2022 8:59 pm

Ru_1977 wrote:
Heh, I saw "Book of Boba Fett" and got excited they'd announced the version from the show.
I mean technically...
Ru_1977
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Fri Jan 21, 2022 9:04 pm

thewyldman wrote:
Fri Jan 21, 2022 8:59 pm
Ru_1977 wrote:
I mean technically...
I guess technically. They did reuse the footage of him wearing that from the credit scene on Mandalorian.
CO_Alex
CROM!

Sat Jan 22, 2022 12:37 am

zodach wrote:I would be shocked it Gamestop delivers on that Boba. I have several preorders that are now beyond the original release date. They either pushed back the date or just list it as "awaiting product availability."
I typically only order in stock items from GameStop so it will be interesting to see if they actually ship in another week and half. I was all excited and now you have me like crap no Black Series for another few months now, lol.

Freedom Fighter
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Sat Jan 22, 2022 5:40 pm

It's been a long time since dorkside started shipping the Boba-Fennec Shand case and I haven't heard anything from them about mine. Their site won't let me email them so I guess I'm SOL for getting this much desired wave . has everyone else got it and moved on?
Mahtion
Runs Around in Tights

Sat Jan 22, 2022 6:22 pm

Freedom Fighter wrote:It's been a long time since dorkside started shipping the Boba-Fennec Shand case and I haven't heard anything from them about mine. Their site won't let me email them so I guess I'm SOL for getting this much desired wave . has everyone else got it and moved on?
Nope, still waiting for this too. I’ve sorta resigned myself to the fact I’ll have to wait.

Return to “Yavin 4: The Unofficial Star Wars Toy Board”

Recent Topics