Star Wars Black 6 inch General Discussion

MAY THE TOYS BE WITH YOU! - Star Wars Black series both 6 inch and 3 and 3/4, vintage, POTF2, whatever! If it's a toy related to Star Wars then come talk about it!
Aleks
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!
TheFwoosh.com rules: Yes

Re: Star Wars Black 6 inch General Discussion

Thu Oct 28, 2021 4:04 pm

Benedict wrote:
Thu Oct 28, 2021 3:11 pm
Well, it could be that this Echo was in a whole season of an animated show (not even counting his Clone Wars popularity) and likely to sell very well.
Vanth was in 1 episode of Mandalorian, and they’re unsure how well he’ll sell, taking into consideration that other characters that appeared in more than one episode still have their figures on shelves. Deluxe pricing could be hedging their bets.

This is all assuming the reasoning for the deluxe price is obvious, after all heavy Mando just came with his jet back and big blaster and was $30 and people were happy to pay that.

Or it could be the obvious thing of; plastic costs have nearly doubled and shipping costs have trebled. A few extra dollars per figure sounds pretty fair to me.
1) It doesn't really matter if it's Echo or some other character. Even Omega has more new and unique accessories. All new sculpt. It didn't help Jar Jar Binks figure that much. It can be found for like 10-12 bucks if you try. I am more than sure that most casual fans won't even try to get it at first and will wait for a sale. In the end, they will simply lose more making him "deluxe". Like, I'm not gonna buy it. Only if he goes on sale. And I would buy it right away if he was 22.99.

2) Heavy Mando is all new sculpt, big cool looking mandalorian, has a big gun and came out at the right time.

3) "Plastic costs have nearly doubled and shipping costs have trebled". Sounds ...unconvincing, especially when we have other figures as an example.

It just feels like they were happy with Deluxe Boba Fett sales and decided to make exactly the same scheme, but with less accessories.
Darth_Drakonis
Runs Around in Tights

Thu Oct 28, 2021 4:37 pm

The_Kilted_Fett wrote:
Thu Oct 28, 2021 2:01 pm
Got shipping notice for Overpriced Rex & Imperial Crosshair.

I think I'm gonna return the Rex...
Wait wait wait... I will buy the Rex off of you!
Darth_Drakonis
Runs Around in Tights

Thu Oct 28, 2021 4:40 pm

Surprised so many here were able to get Rex. He was up for all of 30 seconds. I know because I was at my computer right when the orders went live and still missed him!
Darth_Drakonis
Runs Around in Tights

Thu Oct 28, 2021 4:43 pm

These Black Series Wal-Mart exclusives are all figures they need to sell limited quantities of on Pulse.

At least let your Premium members have a chance at them. I was lucky enough to get pre-order for everyone but Rex... but it wasnt easy. Rampart was the only one that actually stayed up for longer than a minute!
Reefer Shark
CROM!

Thu Oct 28, 2021 4:59 pm

MickJohnson wrote:
Thu Oct 28, 2021 2:00 pm
Just wondering, did they discuss how Echo's helmet will fit over that honkin great head implant he's got?
Echo's helmet is more of an oversized faceplate - it slides on the front and lines up with all the greebles on his head.

Thanks for that link to the shocktrooper on EBGames earlier by the way! It looks like it only lets you use an address in Australia, so it's a no go for me unfortunately.
Reefer Shark
CROM!

Thu Oct 28, 2021 5:03 pm

Darth_Drakonis wrote:
Thu Oct 28, 2021 4:43 pm
These Black Series Wal-Mart exclusives are all figures they need to sell limited quantities of on Pulse.

At least let your Premium members have a chance at them. I was lucky enough to get pre-order for everyone but Rex... but it wasnt easy. Rampart was the only one that actually stayed up for longer than a minute!
Agreed 100 percent! The only reason Rampart stayed up longer is because he's a pretty boring figure honestly.
Joel
FIB

Thu Oct 28, 2021 5:28 pm

Mahtion wrote:
Wed Oct 27, 2021 11:35 pm
Omega should have come with two heads to display her with both unique looks instead of extra accessories.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I would have preferred that as well.
TENIME_art
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Thu Oct 28, 2021 5:33 pm

My Rampart just shipped.
PSPS13
Runs Around in Tights

Thu Oct 28, 2021 5:37 pm

Reefer Shark wrote:
MickJohnson wrote:
Just wondering, did they discuss how Echo's helmet will fit over that honkin great head implant he's got?
Echo's helmet is more of an oversized faceplate - it slides on the front and lines up with all the greebles on his head.

Thanks for that link to the shocktrooper on EBGames earlier by the way! It looks like it only lets you use an address in Australia, so it's a no go for me unfortunately.
It's got a back as well, though, right? Surely they're not just leaving the back of his head exposed? Maybe two halves that clip together? Otherwise... Oof.
Darth_Drakonis
Runs Around in Tights

Thu Oct 28, 2021 5:50 pm

PSPS13 wrote:
Thu Oct 28, 2021 5:37 pm
Reefer Shark wrote:
MickJohnson wrote:

It's got a back as well, though, right? Surely they're not just leaving the back of his head exposed? Maybe two halves that clip together? Otherwise... Oof.
He is kinda like Robo-cop. The back of his head is all machine. Only his face is organic.
Darth_Drakonis
Runs Around in Tights

Thu Oct 28, 2021 5:56 pm

I'm not a huge fan of the Bad Batch tv show. It had a few good episodes... but mostly filler and these elite special force clones often seem more like the 3 Stooges than Seal Team 6... but damn.... they sure do have some badass character designs!

Also, the show didnt do anything to disrespect/break canon which is a positive after the sequel trilogy.
Reefer Shark
CROM!

Thu Oct 28, 2021 6:04 pm

Yeah, like Drakonis said, the metal part on the backis integrated on his head.

Here’s how the back of his helmet is designed:

Ru_1977
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Thu Oct 28, 2021 6:08 pm

Poe Ghostal wrote:
Thu Oct 28, 2021 3:51 pm
The Trooper looks great, but it really whets my appetite for a new Sandtrooper.
I have six of the original ones, and still feel like the head holds up a lot better than the regular Stormtrooper did, but if they do a new Sandtrooper I really would love for them to do it with the white, folded pauldron rather than just a white version of the pauldron everyone else has. There's the one guy with the folded one and I'd probably get one to put the pauldron on one of my current Sandies and just have the new Sandtrooper be stripped down to go with my other newer Mando troopers.

PSPS13
Runs Around in Tights

Thu Oct 28, 2021 8:55 pm

Reefer Shark wrote:

Ah, brilliant! Thanks for the info, guys. Really appreciated. That looks perfect, then. Never realised the back of his head was so flush and slim like that with the helmet on, always thought it flared more like the front. Works so well it makes you wonder why there was any doubt it could be achieved. Cool.
Bubs
IT'S CLOBBERIN TIME!

Thu Oct 28, 2021 9:11 pm

PSPS13 wrote:
Thu Oct 28, 2021 8:55 pm
Reefer Shark wrote:

Ah, brilliant! Thanks for the info, guys. Really appreciated. That looks perfect, then. Never realised the back of his head was so flush and slim like that with the helmet on, always thought it flared more like the front. Works so well it makes you wonder why there was any doubt it could be achieved. Cool.
That extra piece on the bottom seems to come out of the rest of the helmet when Echo puts it on. Almost like an automatic strap.

Return to “Yavin 4: The Unofficial Star Wars Toy Board”