Star Wars Black 6 inch General Discussion

MAY THE TOYS BE WITH YOU! - Star Wars Black series both 6 inch and 3 and 3/4, vintage, POTF2, whatever! If it's a toy related to Star Wars then come talk about it!
madflava
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!
TheFwoosh.com rules: Yes

Re: Star Wars Black 6 inch General Discussion

Sat Oct 23, 2021 2:03 am

I preordered Cobb and was able to get Trapper Wolf which were the only two figures I really wanted. Just glad I got Trapper Wolf 5 minutes after 5pm. Then a few minutes later he was sold out. My order didn't post right away to my history either. It took a few minutes to update and at first I thought they cancelled my order. Tomorrow, I'm going to try to get Zartan but seeing that it's limited to 1 and Premium members get buy first, I'm not too worried as long as I remember to log in and buy it at 4pm. I feel this years offerings not a good as last year when we got the Hellfire Club set and Supreme Cobra Commander.
Prophet924
Thwipp!

Sat Oct 23, 2021 2:11 am

I had that same delay moment with Trapper Wolf. But it did show in my order history and the email came. I’m pretty happy getting Ravage and Trapper. Target preorder with the spider. Backed Rancor. I ordered Cobb Vanth and the other pieces with DS. It’s going to be a bit before those are seen too.

I guess there will be more reveals with this Bounty Tuesday’s program. I keep thinking that there has to be some product with BS coming in Jan/Feb. I don’t know if any preorders I have for that time frame. So there has to be some more to be up for PO in the next month.

Thwipp!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
PSPS13
Runs Around in Tights

Sat Oct 23, 2021 2:28 am

(My moaning about Hasbro Pulse UK incompetently fumbling their first Pulse Con aside...)

Cobb looks really good to me, to be fair. Not remotely deluxe and way overpriced, obviously, but a great basic figure (and much better in the promo pics than their live sample).
I guess if we want applied paint or new parts nowadays, we're paying for half a figure more again, though.
As plenty have said and somebody wise above me literally just did, too: at these prices we're beyond impulse buys now (and beyond the affordability of casuals/kids who become new collectors). So there's no meaningful business growth in this now, only incredibly short-term hits from gouging your repeat customers, and, as we all have to get more selective, more resentful of being taken for granted and taken for mugs, and eventually miss enough figures so that it's no longer painful to walk away, that business model collapses.
I'll get him, though. Since the price rises it's become incredibly rare for a figure or pre-order to sell out in the UK (and when they have it's taken months- even the Clone Wars figures remain available), and more and more are being clearanced; so I fully expect I'll get Cobb then, but I don't feel nervous about waiting for a deal anymore (a massively drastic change from this time last year). When he gets to the price of a regular release as he should be (£21.99 UK/$30.26 US), I'll be happy to get him. Waiting like that felt unthinkable to me very recently.

Boba's legs look confusing and interesting. Really need to see more to understand how he works. I'll take any Boba at a standard price, though, and looking forward to seeing the next two versions (though I hope they're intending to add the kneepads to the other version from the same episode, considering the vest overlay is already tooled, as is the removable helmet, forearms, hands, jetpack, head and weapons- as well as all of the programming for the paint decoration existing now between this and Cobb).

Figrin D'an will be a fun army-builder (providing several instruments don't give them ideas of making him deluxe). How many Model Nodes were there?
BruceKent
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Sat Oct 23, 2021 4:00 am

I’ll wait for Boba with armor.
MickJohnson
Super Poseable

Sat Oct 23, 2021 4:17 am

Trapper Wolf is still available on Pulse.

Sadly this Australian is locked out from being able to buy one.
DetectiveHoag
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Sat Oct 23, 2021 4:29 am

Ru_1977 wrote:
Sat Oct 23, 2021 1:21 am
How they did Boba's pants is really interesting. It works though. Makes me even more excited for the repainted-armor version, assuming they can manage to make the helmet look good this time.

Man, Uncle Fester is one bad muther….

Free Amaiza!
EnigmaticClarity
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Sat Oct 23, 2021 5:03 am

You can see inventory totals in the page code, and all I'm seeing were 900 units of the Cantina set. That is WAAAAAY too low, WTF?!?! :evil:

I see 7000 available for Trapper Wolf with 2606 sold as of right now.
Rishi_Eel
Super Poseable

Sat Oct 23, 2021 5:05 am

PSPS13 wrote:
Sat Oct 23, 2021 2:28 am

Figrin D'an will be a fun army-builder (providing several instruments don't give them ideas of making him deluxe). How many Model Nodes were there?
There's seven officially, however there are only five members of the band easily visible, and only five different instruments (two were doubled up). So I'll probably stick with five, and it'll be the best $110 I've spent in a while!
Ru_1977
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Sat Oct 23, 2021 6:01 am

Right, another was sitting on the side and I think had a different shirt (probably from Ross as the rest of the band shopped at a different store).
BruceKent wrote:I’ll wait for Boba with armor.
I wish I could. But I am cursed to buy all Bobas.

All.
Of.
Them.
Trunks3540
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Sat Oct 23, 2021 11:05 am

Gamestop called me today to tell me Zaalbar came in. So I went and picked him up. Hes about what I expected. Seems to be a Chewey redux with a new harness and *maybe* a new upper torso. The hair is pressed down under the harness to accommodate it a little. But it may be the Chewy torso from Solo. As I don't have that one, I can't compare. 2 issues. First, the way they packaged the figure the bowcaster is bent all to hell. I had to heat it to get it somewhat straight. Still haven't been able to get it perfect, I'll probably try again at some point. And second, the sword is comically oversized. Like, ridiculously big. In the game they were no where near this big. It looks like a sword the Giant Man BaF would use. The hilt is extremely thick, and the whole thing is almost as tall as the figure. And the back of the harness has a small loop/claw to attach... something, I'm assuming the sword. But it doesn't hold it properly. And it doesn't hold the bowcaster well either. Luckily, the color didn't come out as shiny gold as the promo shots, so it actually looks like fur instead of plastic. So it's got that going for it. So, I guess it's alright. It's not bad, but the sword is almost like a joke weapon, and they need to package shit better.

[email protected] Cobb Vanth "deluxe". Yea, I love Timothy Olyphant and his character in the show, but not that much. I'll wait for a sale or skip it.

And I don't need this Boba. I'll get the better one with the armor later. Unless its "deluxe" as well.

These price hikes and middle fingers to the fans are turning me off. Being alot more selective.

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

Reefer Shark
CROM!

Sat Oct 23, 2021 11:26 pm

That Cobb Vanth looks amazing and I want it pretty bad.

But after looking at the Gi-Joe classified drops that are packed to the gills with accessories and are 22.99, I cant help but feel like Vanth is just a huge slap in the face to us. They make the “deluxe” ROTJ Fett an insult as well.

But I did buy two of that guy, so I guess Im guilty of enabling Hasbro with this stuff..
Ru_1977
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Sat Oct 23, 2021 11:43 pm

Reefer Shark wrote:

But after looking at the Gi-Joe classified drops that are packed to the gills with accessories and are 22.99, I cant help but feel like Vanth is just a huge slap in the face to us. They make the “deluxe” ROTJ Fett an insult as well.

But I did buy two of that guy, so I guess Im guilty of enabling Hasbro with this stuff..
That's really the problem. It sucks but we do keep proving they're right.

Also, I feel like the Joes are easier for them since they have to pay LFL for Star Wars, but don't they own Joes outright?
Reefer Shark
CROM!

Sat Oct 23, 2021 11:51 pm

Ru_1977 wrote:
Sat Oct 23, 2021 11:43 pm
Reefer Shark wrote:

That's really the problem. It sucks but we do keep proving they're right.

Also, I feel like the Joes are easier for them since they have to pay LFL for Star Wars, but don't they own Joes outright?
Yeah, the licensing is definitely a factor. Im not sure how the Joe license works, but im willing to bet they pay a lot more for Star Wars.

If thats the official reasoning for these random “deluxe” figure, that sucks though. It’s always been up the manufacturer to deal with licensing and profit logistics in the past. It seems a bit lazy and just a bad general business decision to just lay it all on the consumer. I would think that eventually it will burn out enough people to negatively affect the line.
Benedict
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Sat Oct 23, 2021 11:54 pm

Joe’s have cartoony faces, black series has face scan/print.
Licensing costs too.

One line is substantially cheaper to make, yet only a little bit cheaper for consumers. I’d be annoyed that Joe’s cost as much as they do.
Reefer Shark
CROM!

Sun Oct 24, 2021 12:04 am

Benedict wrote:
Sat Oct 23, 2021 11:54 pm
Joe’s have cartoony faces, black series has face scan/print.
Licensing costs too.

One line is substantially cheaper to make, yet only a little bit cheaper for consumers. I’d be annoyed that Joe’s cost as much as they do.
Are you talking about the Classified joes? honestly they do not have cartoony faces at all. They actually look to be exact same process as the black series figures. Highly detailed and glossy faced and all.

The figures are typically more detailed by nature of the outfits, and have more articulation and accessories than the Black Series figures as well. The only thing that seems more expensive is the licensing to me, but maybe im wrong or missing something else?

Return to “Yavin 4: The Unofficial Star Wars Toy Board”