Star Wars Black 6 inch General Discussion

MAY THE TOYS BE WITH YOU! - Star Wars Black series both 6 inch and 3 and 3/4, vintage, POTF2, whatever! If it's a toy related to Star Wars then come talk about it!
Reefer Shark
CROM!
TheFwoosh.com rules: Yes

Re: Star Wars Black 6 inch General Discussion

Sat Sep 25, 2021 6:09 pm

Hey Panther10, you can pretty easily fix those if you’re inclined. Just drop the troopers in a jar of hydrogen peroxide and leave it in the sun. Might be time consuming, but it works pretty well!

https://youtu.be/HvGdlGMrkTI
panther10
has a big doo-doo head and stupid face

Star Wars Black 6 inch General Discussion

Sat Sep 25, 2021 7:47 pm

Reefer Shark wrote:Hey Panther10, you can pretty easily fix those if you’re inclined. Just drop the troopers in a jar of hydrogen peroxide and leave it in the sun. Might be time consuming, but it works pretty well!

Huh now there’s an idea. I might give that a shot. I’ll save this idea for our next legitimate sunny day. I take it though I can opt for a giant bucket full of hydrogen peroxide? Because with 42 of these guys to clean, I can’t devote that much time to a project like this if it’s one at a time. I’m in the middle of packing all of my stuff up so I can move in a couple months.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Reefer Shark
CROM!

Sat Sep 25, 2021 8:29 pm

panther10 wrote:
Reefer Shark wrote:Hey Panther10, you can pretty easily fix those if you’re inclined. Just drop the troopers in a jar of hydrogen peroxide and leave it in the sun. Might be time consuming, but it works pretty well!

Huh now there’s an idea. I might give that a shot. I’ll save this idea for our next legitimate sunny day. I take it though I can opt for a giant bucket full of hydrogen peroxide? Because with 42 of these guys to clean, I can’t devote that much time to a project like this if it’s one at a time. I’m in the middle of packing all of my stuff up so I can move in a couple months.

Right on man! I think the container might need to be clear to let the sunlight in, maybe one of clear plastic tubs would work?

Holy crap, 42 is a big army of 6” troopers!
panther10
has a big doo-doo head and stupid face

Sat Sep 25, 2021 8:40 pm

Reefer Shark wrote:
panther10 wrote:

Right on man! I think the container might need to be clear to let the sunlight in, maybe one of clear plastic tubs would work?

Holy crap, 42 is a big army of 6” troopers!
Yeah it’s a big set up but all the figures have been literally magnetized to the solid steel display base that they’re standing on. I don’t handle these figures ever unless I’m cleaning them up with a little bit of dust cleaner.

Prophet924
Thwipp!

Sun Sep 26, 2021 2:34 pm

Lando is a fun surprise.

The elbows look a bit odd with that deeper cut.
I though I was going to promptly take the cape off but it surprised me. The skin color is a bit off from neck the face. But man this screams Lando to me.

I hear lots of clamoring for RoS Poe and Finn. Skip that! I want ole man Lando. Even in his awkward cameo he resonates with more than the rest.

Thwipp!

docsilence
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Mon Sep 27, 2021 6:40 pm

Gamestop seems to have Aurra Sing in stock. I just ordered her since Pulse pushed my preorder back to December. Looks like I may end up ordering most of this wave through Gamestop despite them not being my preferred vendor these days.
Andru
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Mon Sep 27, 2021 6:45 pm

docsilence wrote:
Mon Sep 27, 2021 6:40 pm
Gamestop seems to have Aurra Sing in stock. I just ordered her since Pulse pushed my preorder back to December. Looks like I may end up ordering most of this wave through Gamestop despite them not being my preferred vendor these days.
Yup! I ordered Aurra, Lando, & K-2S0 all within the last few days from Gamestop.

Hoping they might get Koska & Tech soon too.
TickTockClock
HULK SMASH!

Mon Sep 27, 2021 7:45 pm

Black Series Boss is coming in gaming great!
Super Camel
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Mon Sep 27, 2021 9:35 pm

TickTockClock wrote:
Mon Sep 27, 2021 7:45 pm
Black Series Boss is coming in gaming great!
This is awesome! Surely they will make the entire Delta Squad. Seeing this reminded me that one of the Delta Squad members is "Scorch". He had a 3.75" SAGA Figure, and I loved it. I want Black Series Scorch!
Prophet924
Thwipp!

Tue Sep 28, 2021 5:39 am

Seeing the Commando was sweet! Still wish that backpack was designed to stow the rifle. But it has to be one of four to come.

GameStop delivered Aura Sing for my Beckett to push off the shelf…

She looks very good. Looks like she stepped out of that Episode One cameo. The face looks realistic. There are nice metallic paints sprinkled in. It’s a soft sculpt and mostly molded colors. Her eyes are nice.

One nit to pick… the double trigger fingers cause the blaster to always point in on the hand. The hinge is the up and down on both hands for weapon wielding. So it bugs me the barrel of the blaster isn’t straight out on the arm. Just slightly in…

Well two nit picks… those crappy 45 degree Padme hips are used…sigh.

I mean she can get in action poses. You have to use that upper thigh swivel which isn’t hindered by the holster. There’s a boot swivel too. But man I really dislike this style of hips.

The big gun is dumb and plastic looking. I can’t get a good rifle shooting pose.

I guess…

I do like how long her arms are gives her a more than just human wearing a costume look.

Thwipp!

Trunks3540
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Tue Sep 28, 2021 7:08 am

Don't worry. Not even the team that took the promo shots could get her to hold the rifle well. It's a giant flaw. And she seems to have many. The face is nice. But the hips, mixed with the rifle issues, and that giant antenna. I ordered her from DS. And since I don't like cancelling from them I'll keep her ordered. But I already know I'm probably not gonna like her much. I completely skipped Padme cause of those hips. Such a let down.

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

MickJohnson
Everloving Blue Eyed Thing

Tue Sep 28, 2021 7:52 am

Hey Prophet924 thanks for the pics!
Prophet924
Thwipp!

Tue Sep 28, 2021 12:12 pm

Surprisingly the antenna doesn’t bother me at all. It is thick but it doesn’t look bad overall.

If the hair was on a swivel that would have been nice.

Glad you enjoyed the pics. I am just enjoying the new. Gotta get all the Bounty Hunters together for a shot. The gun slingers are a good looking group I’m sure.

Thwipp!

Odowan
CROM!

Tue Sep 28, 2021 7:00 pm

Dorkside just charged me for Lando, Aurra, and Tech. Not Zero or Koska, though.

And of course still waiting on Hunter, Crosshair, and Wrecker. Hasbro's distribution here is crazy.
NORM
My Thread USED to be Bigger Than Yours

Tue Sep 28, 2021 7:01 pm

What's the story with the George Lucas Stormtrooper? Where will that be available?

Return to “Yavin 4: The Unofficial Star Wars Toy Board”