Star Wars Black 6 inch General Discussion

MAY THE TOYS BE WITH YOU! - Star Wars Black series both 6 inch and 3 and 3/4, vintage, POTF2, whatever! If it's a toy related to Star Wars then come talk about it!
BAT
Avengers Assemble
TheFwoosh.com rules: Yes

Re: Star Wars Black 6 inch General Discussion

Thu Jul 29, 2021 4:34 pm

Gah! Why does the otherwise strikingly cool shirtless Darth Maul not have up-down wrist hinges? These would have allowed for saber wielding poses that are much more dynamic and natural than the useless side-to-side hinges present.
Trunks3540
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Thu Jul 29, 2021 5:05 pm

Same reason as Assajj and Aurra Siing not having them. Or basically most other prequel Jedi. Cause the Habsro SW team is stupid and make bad decisions.

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

MickJohnson
Everloving Blue Eyed Thing

Fri Jul 30, 2021 9:02 am

There are a couple of new trooper types seen in the latest episode of Bad Batch which are sure to be announced as new figures in the near future. Heck yeah!
Reinanigans
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Fri Jul 30, 2021 2:32 pm

Yup. That was literally the first thing I thought of as the episode rolled. And they're based on McQuarrie designs! <3
Mannie_Bothans
Avengers Assemble

Fri Jul 30, 2021 9:18 pm

MickJohnson wrote:
There are a couple of new trooper types seen in the latest episode of Bad Batch which are sure to be announced as new figures in the near future. Heck yeah!
I couldn't stop thinking how expensive this episode is for collectors/army builders lmao.

Going to be a lot more troops soon. :drool:
Bubs
IT'S CLOBBERIN TIME!

Fri Jul 30, 2021 10:35 pm

Reinanigans wrote:
Fri Jul 30, 2021 2:32 pm
Yup. That was literally the first thing I thought of as the episode rolled. And they're based on McQuarrie designs! <3
That they are, but I'd rather just get proper McQuarrie Troopers in TBS than TK Troopers from The Bad Batch.
Darth_Drakonis
Customized

Mon Aug 02, 2021 5:31 am

So I just got around to opening up the previous Mandalorian Black Series wave and am annoyed by the lack of double jointed elbows.

Bo-Katan can't even gets her arms to 90. The sculpts and paints are beautiful but the articulation could use a little tweaking.
343guiltyspark
HULK SMASH!

Mon Aug 02, 2021 11:20 am

Mannie_Bothans wrote:
MickJohnson wrote:
I couldn't stop thinking how expensive this episode is for collectors/army builders lmao.

Going to be a lot more troops soon. :drool:
That was a great episode! I’m especially interested in getting proper Clone Commando (e.g., like Gregor or Scorch) figures. I considered trying to use the Bad Batch figures to do some Republic Commando customs but then I realized the armor is significantly different and would require an almost complete rework.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
chewblacca
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Mon Aug 02, 2021 2:32 pm

Anyone have the DPCI for wrecker?
Ham Salad
Runs Around in Tights

Mon Aug 02, 2021 2:42 pm

Wrecker is 087 16 4910.
Reinanigans
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Mon Aug 02, 2021 2:57 pm

I have Wrecker POd with Dorkside. Any word on when he’ll ship from there?
EnigmaticClarity
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Mon Aug 02, 2021 3:19 pm

Ham Salad wrote:
Mon Aug 02, 2021 2:42 pm
Wrecker is 087 16 4910.

While this is correct, if you look that up on Popfindr you get no results. However, if you look it up by the TCIN 81959595 visible on the Target.com item page you do get results. Popfindr lets you look up by TCIN, but as far as I can tell Brickseek doesn't yet.

I learned this morning while looking for the new Marvel Legends Infinity Saga sets that Target has been moving to a new inventory system for years, and it's looking like with recent releases they're starting to use it exclusively. The old system uses a number it called a DPCI to track items, but the new system uses a number it calls a TCIN, which stands for "Target.Com Item Network" which I guess is the name they use to refer to the new system.

Another thing to note--this morning I also found that this new system tracks inventory differently. The Marvel set I was looking for is showing counts of 0 or 1 via Popfindr when looking up by TCIN, but when I called seven stores they ALL said they had 3 in stock, but due to shelf resets in progress none knew where they actually were. I'm guessing the new system accounts for items that are part of a reset and hides them from inventory counts you can see via public web sites like Popfindr or even Target.com pickup orders knowing that in most cases employees wouldn't be able to find them.

FYI I detailed all of that and more in this Marvel Legends thread linked below over the last few hours, and as I learn more about the system after I've nabbed what I'm looking for I'll share it there. I'm in the market for a Wrecker and hope to find one at Target, but when I asked about him no stores near me have him yet.

viewtopic.php?f=96&t=93790&p=2924374#p2924374
EnigmaticClarity
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Mon Aug 02, 2021 3:34 pm

Another thing to note--Target doesn't have the item description for Wrecker correct and are still just describing it as "Star Wars Deluxe Figure." Below is a link to the Target.com web page for him, and note that the TCIN is a part of the web address.

https://www.target.com/p/star-wars-delu ... A-81959595
Darth_Drakonis
Customized

Mon Aug 02, 2021 4:35 pm

NorrinRadd
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Tue Aug 03, 2021 10:07 pm

Anthony’s Customs: