Star Wars Black 6 inch General Discussion

MAY THE TOYS BE WITH YOU! - Star Wars Black series both 6 inch and 3 and 3/4, vintage, POTF2, whatever! If it's a toy related to Star Wars then come talk about it!
343guiltyspark
HULK SMASH!
TheFwoosh.com rules: Yes

Re: Star Wars Black 6 inch General Discussion

Fri Jul 23, 2021 11:10 am

Nik wrote:Target has carbonized TBS stuff up in the morning. Looks like Heavy Mandalorian and some other troopers
At least those carbonized figures are finally some exclusives I can live without Image. Especially if Target is charging their higher exclusive pricing. Perfect to offer as exclusives though since they are repaints and not everyone’s cup of tea.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
scribb
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Fri Jul 23, 2021 12:11 pm

Kiro wrote:There is no way that I would consider pre-ordering a product sight unseen. Ridiculous.
You must have already had your 2nd dose of the FOMO vaccine.
Nebraska
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Fri Jul 23, 2021 12:16 pm

I had to approve a Target delay for Koska & Aurra.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

Sloth15
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Fri Jul 23, 2021 12:20 pm

scribb wrote:
Kiro wrote:There is no way that I would consider pre-ordering a product sight unseen. Ridiculous.
Hmmm, I wonder if my insurance would cover that? Image
Andru
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Fri Jul 23, 2021 12:43 pm

Nebraska wrote:
Fri Jul 23, 2021 12:16 pm
I had to approve a Target delay for Koska & Aurra.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk
Same!

Odd considering these have been hitting Walmarts for about a month now...
Rishi_Eel
Super Poseable

Fri Jul 23, 2021 3:05 pm

Just got my Target preorders delayed until November 8th. I really don't want to cancel since I got them all on sale for $15.99, but at this rate...
joshsquash729
CROM!

Fri Jul 23, 2021 4:14 pm

Got my Target delay notice too, but I was only able to order Lando, Zero, and Aurra from them. Koska and Tech were already sold out, and since they're my most wanted, I don't mind paying a few bucks more if I find them sooner.

Also glad that I don't need any of the new Carbonized figures. I never really hopped on the Carbonzied train. A few of the figures looked nice with the detail, but most missed the mark. The only one out of the new ones that I'd consider would be the Shore Trooper, but I stockpiled on them when Rogue One came out and have more than enough. It just feels strange not clamoring to pre-order a Black Series release. Is....is this what responsibility feels like?!
docsilence
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Fri Jul 23, 2021 6:00 pm

I have a couple of the previous carbonized and they're the only Black Series figures I never unboxed - not for value's sake or display's sake but because they just didn't pull me in. Felt weird not jumping on those pre-orders, but for once I had the restraint to not buy out of habit.
Kiro
Faster than a speeding bullet

Fri Jul 23, 2021 9:07 pm

scribb wrote:
Fri Jul 23, 2021 12:11 pm
They somehow slipped it into the piece of string that came with my "deluxe" Boba Fett.
Trunks3540
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Sat Jul 24, 2021 12:17 am

Darth_Drakonis wrote:
Trunks3540 wrote:
Fri Jul 23, 2021 12:31 am
Darth_Drakonis wrote: KOTOR has been making a push... Revan, Nihilus, Zaalbar
That's why I said most. And it looks like KotoR is going to be canonized soon, if it isn't already. There are signs that point to it being so (Easter eggs in the new trilogy, Revan appearing in the mobile game, the KotoR remake being in development, ect...). And that's also why I said repaints. Zaalbar is just Chewie with some new parts and paint. Revan was new, but then got repainted for a light side version. HK will probably be mostly new, but then repainted a time or 2 in the future. And Nihilus is mostly Darth Maul with a couple new pieces. But we haven't seen anything from Legacy, or SotE, Dark Forces, the Jedi Knight series, and only Jaina Solo from the NJO. And she was only because she was the #1 fan voted figure. And she was also reused to make Aphra and parts of the Battlefront 2 Pilot. We haven't seen anything else like Jacen, Anakin, or Ben from the NJO stuff (and Jacen is literally a Bespin Luke repaint with a new head away), and Jaina has been out for like 4 or 5+ years. Force Unleahsed got some figures, but notice how it's all trooper repaints. Yet Galen still doesn't even have 1 figure, let alone any alternate outfits, or any of the supporting cast, even though that game was extremely popular when it came out.

And arguably one of the most important EU characters, Mara Jade, also has not gotten a figure yet. Luckily, shes been rumored to be coming to live action and included in the new canon soon, so we'll probably get her live action version, buy her backstory will probably change, and the comic figure probably won't be done for a while, if ever.

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk
Hey man, I'm on your team! I want a black series Mara Jade, Galen Marak, Talon Carde, Kyle Katern, Dash Rendar, Prince Xizor, Ysanne Isard, Ulic Qel-Droma, Exar Kun, Naga Shadow, Rukh, Darth Krayt, Darth Talon, and the real Carnor Jax.
I hope you don't think I was trying to be an ass. I think sometimes online it may seem that way. I was just kinda stating the way of things (I guess maybe as I perceive them). No ill will intended.

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

Slaker
Avengers Assemble

Sat Jul 24, 2021 3:30 am

An underappreciated point about Walmart preorder nonsense: they don't let you change your shipping address after making an order. If it's only a few months out you could probably anticipate whatever changes are coming up, but these new listings are for April 2022. I know I won't be at my current address in April, but I have no clue what my new one will be. I'd have to set up forwarding with the carrier to get my figures if I had managed to place an order, which I didn't get to do.
Kenobi
Runs Around in Tights

Sat Jul 24, 2021 11:31 pm

Disappointed there were no pics of Mace and Grievous. I have their first releases already. Definitely gonna be waiting for pics. Might swap out the Mace as this new one would better fit my Clone Wars shelf theme with the armor. Grievous could be cool, but I’m very happy with the one I have and have no need for two.
supermonkey
teh awsum

Sun Jul 25, 2021 12:13 am

If this turns out to be the current Mace but with Clone Wars armor, I'm WAAAYY in.
KvHulk
HULK SMASH!

Tue Jul 27, 2021 8:54 pm

Black Series Mace Windu back @ Walmart: https://www.walmart.com/ip/seort/546792357
mrboshek
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Thu Jul 29, 2021 1:38 pm

I almost preordered Mace and the trooper from Robot Kingdom, but couldn't get past the thought of paying nearly $50 for a mass market Hasbro figure, exclusive to the largest store in the the world. It's funny how a few bucks makes a big difference. I never had much of an issue giving RK $30-$35 for an exclusive.

Return to “Yavin 4: The Unofficial Star Wars Toy Board”

Recent Topics