Star Wars Black 6 inch General Discussion

MAY THE TOYS BE WITH YOU! - Star Wars Black series both 6 inch and 3 and 3/4, vintage, POTF2, whatever! If it's a toy related to Star Wars then come talk about it!
XMenLegacy
Avengers Assemble
TheFwoosh.com rules: Yes

Re: Star Wars Black 6 inch General Discussion

Thu Jun 24, 2021 3:38 pm

Really hoping for Poe and Finn as the TROS figures, but I'm betting they are the rumored flashback Luke and Leia in training.

And yes, we need Ahsoka from The Mandalorian.
supermonkey
teh awsum

Thu Jun 24, 2021 4:52 pm

The further I get from TRoS, the less I want anything from it. At this point, a Crait Luke is pretty much all I WANT out of the ST. But I would buy a flashback Jedi Training Leia, tho. Just to get a version of her lightsaber, really.

Any of the other stuff is welcome. Mando, KOTOR. OT -- will be happy with almost anything.
Bastilla Shan would be my #1 choice for a KOTOR fig, but any and all Sith are welcome.
Ru_1977
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Thu Jun 24, 2021 5:50 pm

I think with ROTJ/Jabba's palace as the possible exception, Mandalorian is the property with the main contribution to my wishlist still. I'm even ready for that show to yield figures of some classic creature designs before any Cantina or Palace versions are ever released.
Ru_1977
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Thu Jun 24, 2021 6:09 pm

Yakface says the figures are TROS training Luke & Leia; Evazan, Ponda, and Yavin ceremony Leia from ANH; and a Mandalorian figure that isn't Fennec or Mayfeld.
joshsquash729
IT'S CLOBBERIN TIME!

Thu Jun 24, 2021 6:56 pm

Forgot about training Luke and Leia. I mean, I'll totally pick them up, especially since we'll probably never get Leia's saber otherwise, but they're not the most exciting picks, at least for me.

Mando has so many possibilities, but I'm hoping for either Dark Trooper or the Client. While not high on my list, it would be cool to finally get one of the Quarren as well. But I'm thinking it'll be an army builder or an easy re-use of a past figure, like Axe.
pr1983
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Thu Jun 24, 2021 7:44 pm

I'd buy Training Luke. I don't see why not, as I tend to buy anything even remotely close to him as he was in ROTJ.

And obviously the other version that I hope is on the horizon, from you know what.
Reefer Shark
IT'S CLOBBERIN TIME!

Thu Jun 24, 2021 7:57 pm

Maybe the Mando figure is the Mortar Trooper? That would be an easy one from them to crank out, simple repaint with a new weapon...
Chooch
Avengers Assemble

Thu Jun 24, 2021 10:38 pm

Reefer Shark wrote:
Thu Jun 24, 2021 7:57 pm
Maybe the Mando figure is the Mortar Trooper? That would be an easy one from them to crank out, simple repaint with a new weapon...
Good guess. I'd totally buy him.
docsilence
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Fri Jun 25, 2021 1:25 am

I'd be in for training Luke and Leia too, but then again if they do anything from those lost years between any of the trilogies I'm in. I'm also kind of okay with not getting much more from the sequels, but one last Poe and Finn as well as Krait Luke would get me to open my wallet.

Mando and KOTOR are treasure troves of still-untapped potential figures. I hope they keep mining those.
MarvelLegendsMan
Runs Around in Tights

Fri Jun 25, 2021 1:57 am

I'm all for more KOTOR figures. Darth Malak, HK-47, Bastilla, Canderous Ordo, even Darth Malgus.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Roufuss
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Fri Jun 25, 2021 2:07 am

Yakface is saying HK-47 is the KOTOR figure.
Trunks3540
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Fri Jun 25, 2021 3:20 am

I was gonna say probably HK or Malak for KotoR. Bane is a comic KotoR but not a game character and they don't wanna do comic figures from Dark Horse still. HK makes the most sense cause they can reuse it for HK50 later, which are also army builders, technically, since there were multiples. And they did Malak and Bastilla in the small scale, as well as both HKs. So I would think those would be top priority for their 6 inch. They just better give him his special shotgun blaster like how Zaalbar got a Vibroblade. And if they do Bastilla she better have her yellow blades. I don't know what their aversion to doing characters with yellow sabers is, but it needs to stop lol.

For the Mando figure, could it be the male Mandalorian that was with Bo Katan? His name escapes me. But they did Kosska. People buy up Mandalorians. I'd buy him and he didn't impress me much lol. I'm not sure what's been anounced cause I lost track, but Cobb Vanth is probably on the short list of need to be made yesterday.

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

Reinanigans
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Fri Jun 25, 2021 3:35 am

Axe Woves is his name. And yeah, I'll take any Empire/Mandalorian era Mandos just for the sake of the group shots.

Dr. Evazan and Ponda Baba...can't say I ever had them on my list of wanted figures, but they'd look cool as more weirdos on the shelves. Ceremony Leia is a pass for me. Only other Leia I'm interested in is....

Jedi Training Leia!!!! Luke and Leia are must haves. But PLEASE give us a new body for Luke. They're still using that body from 2013! And whatever new one they make, they can reuse for Mandalorian Luke. And yes, Jedi Training Leia and Luke will be the sole sequel figures in my collection. Must haves.

HK is awesome, and I played a lot of KotOR, but...hmm. I have the original Revan, but passed on Zaalbar. Just wondering if I need a KotOR shelf...Probably not.
Trunks3540
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Fri Jun 25, 2021 4:08 am

To be fair with how "fast" Hasbro is doing the KotoR figures, the shelf would be pretty small, until most of us are dead. It's a corner on mine. Literal, corner. With Zaalbar we're up to 4 figures. And 1 is a repaint/retool of the same character. HK would make 5. So... it's not like you're trying to complete the g1 transformers over there lol. We get...1 figure a year? And the actual figures I can see them making is still very small. Basically, anyone from the core group. And a couple villans. Over the next 20 years lol.

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

Reinanigans
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Fri Jun 25, 2021 4:19 am

Two Revans and Zaalbar. Besides HK, who else have they made?

The fact it would take forever to complete a team is all the more reason to skip, honestly. I bought Revan back when I only had maybe 5 total Star Wars figures. If he came out today, despite playing KotOR at least 3-4 times, I’d probably skip him.

Oh, and please give us Ben Kenobi on the traditional colored body with the new photoreal! I’d really prefer that to Ponda and Evazan, no offense. A Sandtrooper on the new trooper body would be great, too.

Return to “Yavin 4: The Unofficial Star Wars Toy Board”