Star Wars Black 6 inch General Discussion

MAY THE TOYS BE WITH YOU! - Star Wars Black series both 6 inch and 3 and 3/4, vintage, POTF2, whatever! If it's a toy related to Star Wars then come talk about it!
EnigmaticClarity
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!
TheFwoosh.com rules: Yes

Re: Star Wars Black 6 inch General Discussion

Wed Jun 23, 2021 12:53 pm

My closest Walgreens has Hunter, so they clearly sent that wave out to the stores.
useasneeded4pain
Customized

Wed Jun 23, 2021 3:37 pm

Found the new wave at Walmart this morning, minus Koska Reeves. Why did they double pack Lando instead of Koska? Cloud City Lando hung around my stores forever (probably still at some) and they should know anyone in Mandalorian armor is going to be popular.
Buttmunch
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Wed Jun 23, 2021 8:05 pm

Yeah for whatever reason, Lando isn’t a huge seller, and General Lando even less so. Probably the least popular of his OT looks (outside of the brief Han outfit from the end of Empire)
SymbiSpidey
Runs Around in Tights

Thu Jun 24, 2021 1:58 am

Yak_Face posted something on their instagram that would seem to indicate that the next wave of figures in Fall 2021 would come from A New Hope, The Rise of Skywalker, The Mandalorian and Knights of the Old Republic.

Any guesses?

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

g3rman1a
Everloving Blue Eyed Thing

Thu Jun 24, 2021 2:33 am

I hope that the KOTOR fig is HK-47.
joshsquash729
IT'S CLOBBERIN TIME!

Thu Jun 24, 2021 2:44 am

Could see Darth Bane being the KOTOR figure. He seems like the most glaring omission so far, at least. For TROS, I really hope it's Finn, Poe, and/or Palpatine- those are really the only ones I NEED need. Assuming that the Mando figures aren't just the ones already announced, I'd bet on Ahsoka. For ANH, I'm not sure. Biggs would be a nice surprise, but I'd say Evazan and/or Ponda Baba are most likely.
supreme-d
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Thu Jun 24, 2021 2:46 am

All the things joshsquash said are my guesses.
SymbiSpidey
Runs Around in Tights

Thu Jun 24, 2021 2:55 am

Yakface also added that 6 of the 7 figures haven't been announced yet. Guessing the 1 is something from Mandalorian since there's quite a few characters for it in the pipeline.

MickJohnson
Faster than a speeding bullet

Thu Jun 24, 2021 3:18 am

I think it might be high time to completely redo the First Order Stormtrooper body. It's one of their early ones and hasn't matched the quality of later figures. If the new Imperial Stormtrooper and Clone Trooper bodies are anything to go by, they really need to update the FO Stormtrooper.
K.Avon
Everloving Blue Eyed Thing

Thu Jun 24, 2021 9:37 am

Interesting, not broken down by wave but they've added in the upcoming master UPC list one KOTOR figure, three ANH, two TROS and Bib in addition to Fennec, Mayfield, Bad Batch Echo and an unnamed Mando figure (probably Boba or Cobb?).

Fully agree about Bane. We've also had Ponda and Evanzan and flashback TROS Luke and Leia rumored for ages now, I wonder if they're also part of the lineup (personally, given the price of the regular version and someone who just missed the last one, I'm hoping for the Emperor.., who's a pretty solid choice in my opinion), though maybe Ponda and the good Doctor are some of the Rogue One figures they hinted at (which they could re-release on ANH cards next year for the 45th).

Also according to the list, the other ANH is "new", so new to the line I guess... 100% agree Biggs seems likely as he's quick and easy. I'd love any of the cantina, or other rebel pilots though.. even a regular Jawa done like the Offworld one. I'd also bet good money the next Archive wave will have old Ben (coming up to the Obi Wan show no doubt at that point/last human from ANH needing photoreal) and Krennic (following the R1 set like Thrawn with the Rebels set). I'm quite interested in, potentially 3 deluxe figures looking at that list? Because he's back in cannon, please let one be Durge (never happen in a million years.., but I can dream)
SymbiSpidey
Runs Around in Tights

Thu Jun 24, 2021 10:13 am

Bane would definitely be nice, though I don't know how much I'd associate him with KOTOR from a marketing perspective. If I had to guess, it'd be either HK-47, Bastila or Darth Malak. MAYBE even Mission to go with Big Z, though she wouldn't be as exciting as the other 3 I mentioned. I don't know if the listing is specific to the first game, but it could also be Darth Sion since we have Nihilus already.

My picks for A New Hope are either Biggs Darklighter, Ponda Baba, Evazan or a Figrin D'an that could double for the rest of the Modal Nodes.

TRoS....I'm personally hoping for Finn and Poe to at least round out the trio. But I can also see them doing The Emperor just to get that character back out there. But given that this is Hasbro we're talking about, I also wouldn't be surprised if they just re-released Rey in new packaging with her yellow lightsaber.

As I said with The Mandalorian, it could literally be anybody from the pipeline reveals OR it could be something we haven't seen before, like the Dark Trooper, Axe Woves or even Frog Lady. There's still a BUNCH of characters they can do from The Mandalorian.

MankindRam
IT'S CLOBBERIN TIME!

Thu Jun 24, 2021 12:21 pm

I’m hoping for TROS Palpatine…….he’s one of my most wanted figures. I’d take both versions, decrepit and reborn.
DetectiveHoag
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Thu Jun 24, 2021 1:21 pm

joshsquash729 wrote:
Thu Jun 24, 2021 2:44 am
Could see Darth Bane being the KOTOR figure. He seems like the most glaring omission so far, at least. For TROS, I really hope it's Finn, Poe, and/or Palpatine- those are really the only ones I NEED need. Assuming that the Mando figures aren't just the ones already announced, I'd bet on Ahsoka. For ANH, I'm not sure. Biggs would be a nice surprise, but I'd say Evazan and/or Ponda Baba are most likely.
I’d be happy with Biggs, Evazan, or Ponda Baba, but I could also see them doing:
Admiral Conan Antonio Motti (getting more use out of that Imperial officer mold. Don’t necessarily need him, but wouldn’t refuse him)
General Tagge (again, that Imperial officer reuse)
Jek Porkyns
Death Star Gunner

Free Amaiza!
joshsquash729
IT'S CLOBBERIN TIME!

Thu Jun 24, 2021 3:12 pm

Gah- meant Darth Malak for my KOTOR suggestion. I don't know why I always get the two confused. Though I do want Bane as well. Hoping the Gaming Greats and KOTOR do well enough to get us figures from Force Unleashed, and more from Fallen Order.

Porkins would be great as well, but I would assume he'd almost definitely be an exclusive to somewhere. Not sure how "mainstream" he is to do well on store shelves. Then again, Hasbro does love to re-use parts. Not sure if there's a way to take the existing X-Wing pilot mold and beef it up a bit in the torso, but if there is, I can totally see them doing it.

Another thought that came to me is- no Bad Batch listed on there. Makes me wonder/worried about how long it'll take to get Bad Batch Echo onto our shelves.
Mannie_Bothans
Avengers Assemble

Thu Jun 24, 2021 3:19 pm

MickJohnson wrote:
Thu Jun 24, 2021 3:18 am
I think it might be high time to completely redo the First Order Stormtrooper body. It's one of their early ones and hasn't matched the quality of later figures. If the new Imperial Stormtrooper and Clone Trooper bodies are anything to go by, they really need to update the FO Stormtrooper.

Didn't they do that already? One of the waves in 2019 had the FO Trooper with improved elbows and the updated helmet. I think it came with the shield and baton, too. I had ten of the first release versions that can barely hold their blasters and wanted to upgrade to those new ones. I made the mistake of waiting for clearance and those newer versions seem to be gone at retail.

Return to “Yavin 4: The Unofficial Star Wars Toy Board”