Star Wars Black 6 inch General Discussion

MAY THE TOYS BE WITH YOU! - Star Wars Black series both 6 inch and 3 and 3/4, vintage, POTF2, whatever! If it's a toy related to Star Wars then come talk about it!
Trunks3540
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!
TheFwoosh.com rules: Yes

Re: Star Wars Black 6 inch General Discussion

Thu Jun 17, 2021 8:45 pm

Finally exclusives I can skip. I want Clone armor Crosshair. And Rex's differences are minimal and not worth the price hike in the slightest. The 212th I may wanna try to get a couple of. But its probably gonna be impossible to get so I'm not gonna stress about it. I'll save my money for better figures. Like Mando and Book of Boba Fett.

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

Reefer Shark
IT'S CLOBBERIN TIME!

Thu Jun 17, 2021 8:49 pm

Aleks wrote:
Thu Jun 17, 2021 6:19 pm
And they all will be sold out on Pulse in 5 minutes.
I bet Greedo will for sure.
EnigmaticClarity
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Thu Jun 17, 2021 8:53 pm

Trunks3540 wrote:
Rex's differences are minimal and not worth the price hike in the slightest.

I don't have the original, so I'm trying to decide between the new one and the old re-release. I'm leaning towards the new one.
Kenobi
Customized

Thu Jun 17, 2021 8:58 pm

Definitely getting Rex. Passing on Han and Greedo as I already have them. That Luke is still one of the worst TBS figures ever, cloth shirt just looks bad and makes it so out of place. Imperial Crosshair is cool but I don’t need two versions of that character. 212th Troopers are also cool, but I feel like I have a lot of Clones right now in the display and have another 4 more on PO and I still need to grab most of the commanders.

Hopefully these won’t be too hard to grab. At least the PO time isn’t 3 am.
Doober
CROM!

Thu Jun 17, 2021 9:09 pm

I need an older bearded Rex go to with my Rebels crew. So I will pass on this one.
K_Steel
Runs Around in Tights

Thu Jun 17, 2021 9:10 pm

Luke looks like his face is melting.
Trunks3540
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Thu Jun 17, 2021 9:15 pm

Doober wrote:I need an older bearded Rex go to with my Rebels crew. So I will pass on this one.
THAT one I'd be excited for.

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

Mannie_Bothans
Avengers Assemble

Thu Jun 17, 2021 9:40 pm

EnigmaticClarity wrote:
Trunks3540 wrote:

I don't have the original, so I'm trying to decide between the new one and the old re-release. I'm leaning towards the new one.
I would try to get the old one if POs open back up. The lack of a paldron is an odd choice. His appearance in the Bad Batch episode had him in the paldron.

That's just me though. I'm getting the poncho version to put alongside with the Batch Boys sporting the poncho. But if you don't have a Rex then you owe yourself at least one.
Poe Ghostal
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Thu Jun 17, 2021 10:22 pm

I've been waiting for a PhotoReal version of ANH Han since Photoreal was introduced. The older sculpt is balanced out for me by all the accessories (especially since I've got 3-4 copies of the original release for the extra glove hands). I'm ordering at least two!
pr1983
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Thu Jun 17, 2021 10:29 pm

EnigmaticClarity wrote:
Trunks3540 wrote:

Honestly, I'm getting the new one for the new helmet yoke. I even cancelled my pre-order for the old one as I only need one Rex.
Ru_1977
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Thu Jun 17, 2021 10:56 pm

To my eyes, having the nocs AND the rangefinder is too much, heh. Rex's helmet is getting too busy! But I'm old fashioned. I have only a rangefinder on my helmet. :)
Super Camel
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Thu Jun 17, 2021 11:35 pm

Yeah, Rex is definitely not worth the price being it's pretty much just rex again, but with a poncho/cloak. I don't know if I need that. Then Greedo is pretty much the same (Maybe, better or a little different paint job), and Luke looks like his face is melting like K_Steel said.

I for sure want Han, Crosshair, and the Walgreens Clone. Then I might get Rex just for giggles, but I doubt it. I have the first Rex, and as other said I want old man Rex. But I don't know if I need poncho Rex.
Rishi_Eel
Everloving Blue Eyed Thing

Fri Jun 18, 2021 1:34 am

I have mixed feelings about these...

Rex looks alright, but the weathering looks worse than the original figure, which had one of the nicest washes in the line. Aside from the pauldron, which is obviously from the concept art for the episode, he seems to be essentially the same as the original. As a fan of the mold, I wish that Rex were on that body. The re-release would even give people the option for either look. As it is, it's still a good way to get Hine back in the line. If not for the absurd 31 dollar price point. What the kriff is that? 29 was pushing it for Boba, but he at least came with a load of accessories and an entirely new sculpt. In no universe is that poncho worth an extra 12 dollars.

Crosshair is pretty good, aside from the inaccurate shoulder pad. Other than that he seems to be about as expected, and a definite pickup. Why is the shows main villain a store exclusive? Who knows. The mind of the Hasbro marketing department is a frightening place.

212th Clone looks fantastic aside from the helmet stripe. I prefer the new body, so this is a welcome update, along with the Couruscant Guard. I just wish that the 501st were made on this mold intead of an archive release. Can't think of a good reason why. Now the million dollar question - why is a fan favorite army building clone trooper exclusive to Walgreens, a pharmacy with an almost non-existent toy section and notorious for poorly stocking figures? Who knows.

Han, Luke, Greedo - Nice to see photo real upgrades to Luke and Han, but that fabric shirt doesn't look any better with age. The extreme shininess has plagued faces for a while, and makes them look a lot worse. I'm sure with a matte top coat they will look much nicer. Glad to see Greedo re-released as well, although a more accurate head would have been welcome. But the 26 dollar price point is crazy for a completely reused figure on a blister card. Nothing about that is worth the price.

So on the whole, good figures with insane retailers and pricing. Good luck to everyone tomorrow morning!
JTMarsh
CROM!

Fri Jun 18, 2021 1:37 am

Only will be trying to get Greedo. Only recently got into the Black Series stuff when the heads/faces started to improve as some of the older figures genuinely looked to be missing a chromosome. I don't understand the point of touting "photoreal" over-layed on an old head sculpt when the ESB and ROTJ Han's look like Harrison Ford and this one doesn't.
g3rman1a
Everloving Blue Eyed Thing

Fri Jun 18, 2021 1:54 am

Rishi_Eel wrote:
Fri Jun 18, 2021 1:34 am
I have mixed feelings about these...

212th Clone looks fantastic aside from the helmet stripe. I prefer the new body, so this is a welcome update, along with the Couruscant Guard. I just wish that the 501st were made on this mold intead of an archive release. Can't think of a good reason why. Now the million dollar question - why is a fan favorite army building clone trooper exclusive to Walgreens, a pharmacy with an almost non-existent toy section and notorious for poorly stocking figures? Who knows.
My thoughts exactly. I know the new mold has some issues, but the bowed legs and limited articulation on the old mold just drives me nuts.

Return to “Yavin 4: The Unofficial Star Wars Toy Board”