Star Wars Black 6 inch General Discussion

MAY THE TOYS BE WITH YOU! - Star Wars Black series both 6 inch and 3 and 3/4, vintage, POTF2, whatever! If it's a toy related to Star Wars then come talk about it!
Darth_Drakonis
Everloving Blue Eyed Thing
TheFwoosh.com rules: Yes

Re: Star Wars Black 6 inch General Discussion

Wed Jun 16, 2021 4:03 pm

Trunks3540 wrote:
Wed Jun 16, 2021 10:57 am
MickJohnson wrote:I guess I'm lucky that I have no connection to KOTOR, so there is no interest in this new wookie figure.... until the remake comes out and then I'll curse myself for missing that and the reissue of Revan.
Theres a reason it's so beloved by alot of people. It is one of the best stories in video games, and also one of the best Star Wars stories in history. It won Game of the Year when it came out and was hailed as one of the crowning achievements of the XBox. If it weren't for that and Halo I would've never bought one myself. And I'm so glad I did. I cannot give it enough praise. If there's any one problem with it, by today's standards, the battle system is a bit dated. But, it's still worth checking out. And alot of people were hoping the remake or remaster or whatever it's going to be even keeps the battle system. I didn't hate it. It was just a little less Star Warsy then I liked for combat. But the rest of the game made up for it in spades. I played the original copy I had probably close to 30 times through the entire way. Not all one right after the other. But when it came out I did play through it probably 4 times or so back to back. I don't know if I can blame it on KotoR, but I burnt out my first xbox and I only owned maybe 5 games lol. I also try to take care of my stuff, but I had to get a newer copy at one point too, the old one wouldn't read. Didn't seem to have scratches or anything on it so I felt that was a bit odd. I chalked it up to me playing it too much lol. It got to the point where I knew most of the lines by heart on all sides of the choices and knew where everything was by heart, like all the best armor and outfits and unique lightsabers and how to get them. And how to do every conversation the proper way to not let certain people get killed... and how to get some of the best banter between squad mates. Theres even a glitch that still works on the XB1 version where you can turn any party member into a jedi. Even the droids, which is hilarious. I don't remember if the droids can use lightsabers. But watching an Astromec fry someone with force lightning was hysterical.

All this talk is kinda making me wanna play it again. But I also really wanna do the Mass Effect legendary too. Luckily, they're close to the same game (made by the same people and have a lot of the same voice cast). So maybe I'll do one after the other. I can get through KotoR in probably 3 days if I skimp on sleep. It takes about 35 to 40 hours if you don't dilly dally.

And I read on that Instagram page that Zaalbar is reusing a sword from a Marvel Legends figure. But it looks all new to me. I don't remember it from anywhere. And it looks pretty spot on to a Vibro Blade. One of the larger ones.

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk
You seem like a fan of Old School Bioware. You should definitely check out Jade Empire if you haven't already.
logan44
Super Poseable

Wed Jun 16, 2021 11:10 pm

Well, after 13 months, Dorkside finally cancelled orders for full cases of Wave 26 (the Ackbar, Teebo, Empire Vader, Snowspeeder Luke, Kamino Trooper, Beskar Mando and a pair of standard Stormtroopers wave). I'd written this wave off long ago, but seeing Hasbro's indiscriminate action screw over retailers just restoked my anger. I realize the wave hit in the teeth of the pandemic, but to short loyal retail partners is pretty inexcusable. This wave feels like it barely stuck around at retail, so hopefully, Teebo and the Kamino Trooper in particular get another run, either in Archives or somewhere else soon.
Trunks3540
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Wed Jun 16, 2021 11:40 pm

Sloth15 wrote:Regarding the Vibroblade, I always thought Hasbro couldn't repurpose parts from other lines. So that reuse rumor could be false.

KOTOR definitely has some dated mechanics and gameplay. That's probably why I bailed so early into it years ago. But I'm more motivated now to play it. The plus of the dated combat is it isn't very stressful imo. I'm playing it off of an old XB game disk on my 360 I rescued from the closet.
The only really hard parts are the end stretch depending on your class selection. If you chose Guardian you should be fine for the most part. But if you chose the other 2 classes you may have to do what I did for the boss battle and pause every couple moves and use a healing item. There may be better strategies out there. But the difficulty spike is insane. Everything for the most part is fairly easy, until the end of the game. Then it's hard to stay alive for the final stretch. And theres a level cap of 20, so you can't beef up to god mode like you can in the 2nd one.

I have Fallout 3, 4 and New Vegas. Skipped 76 because it looks bad. And I also did Dragon Age 1 and 2. I have 3 but haven't played it yet. I missed Jade Empire and no longer have a *working* classic XBox or 360. So unless they remade it or remastered it I can't play that unfortunately (if it was on XBox). But I heard good things. The combat system from KotoR was actually reused from Bulder's Gate? I believe? Which was one of Bioware's first games. But I think it was only on PC. And I may be misremembering. But I heard it was really good as well.

Boy Wonder
Attempting to Avoid the Void

Thu Jun 17, 2021 12:34 am

Woo! Just snagged a Heroes of Endor set from Pulse! I only want the Ewok, but he was selling for crazy prices on eBay and I just assumed I’d never have him.
NORM
My Thread USED to be Bigger Than Yours

Thu Jun 17, 2021 2:36 am

I have that set but I never opened it because the package is so nice. But I want that Ewok. I don’t even want to consider buying a second set just for Paploo though. I don’t need extras of the other three figures or the bike!
docsilence
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Thu Jun 17, 2021 2:49 am

logan44 wrote:
Wed Jun 16, 2021 11:10 pm
Well, after 13 months, Dorkside finally cancelled orders for full cases of Wave 26 (the Ackbar, Teebo, Empire Vader, Snowspeeder Luke, Kamino Trooper, Beskar Mando and a pair of standard Stormtroopers wave). I'd written this wave off long ago, but seeing Hasbro's indiscriminate action screw over retailers just restoked my anger. I realize the wave hit in the teeth of the pandemic, but to short loyal retail partners is pretty inexcusable. This wave feels like it barely stuck around at retail, so hopefully, Teebo and the Kamino Trooper in particular get another run, either in Archives or somewhere else soon.
I hate that they do this to DS, who does such a great job as a retail partner. I have a Kamino Trooper and Beskar Mando still on preorder through them, so I reckon that'll get canceled soon. I found the Mando elsewhere last year, but kept the order with DS because I hate canceling on 'em and figured I could put my order into the hands of someone who missed that figure. Plus I accidentally paid for with Paypal, so to make matters worse DS will have to issue a refund since I paid up front instead of just canceling on a card.

The indie retailers deserve better.
Reinanigans
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Thu Jun 17, 2021 2:57 am

Sorry if this is an odd question, but, I have a Beskar Mando preordered at BBTS and one other "indie" retailer since I wanted an extra for customizing.

Will these just not be coming out at all?
Trunks3540
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Thu Jun 17, 2021 8:02 am

Hasbro may rerelease them at some point. But as for the ones on order now, probably won't get them. Of course BBTS did get Trini 6+ months after everyone else did. So maybe?

Sloth15
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Thu Jun 17, 2021 10:47 am

I managed to snag an in stock Besker Mando from Dorkside a couple weeks ago. So I think they are still being released. Probably in solid cases if I had to guess.
Prophet924
Thwipp!

Star Wars Black 6 inch General Discussion

Thu Jun 17, 2021 3:12 pm

Walgreens has another exclusive! 212th! I was hoping the 501st release would mean more coming. I didn’t think it would be this soon.

News on Fwoosh home page.

The Walmart exclusives… well they exist. Crosshairs in the elite color scheme is cool. Rex with new helmet and poncho is cool too. If I’m lucky enough to get one. I’m going to try.

Walgreens gets to be haunted again. I want at least a squad of 4-6 of the 212th.

Thwipp!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Benedict
CROM!

Thu Jun 17, 2021 3:15 pm

I keep hoping they put the clone commanders on updated bodies, how many Rex releases is that now? 5?
TonyStark517
Runs Around in Tights

Thu Jun 17, 2021 3:17 pm

Hopefully pre-ordering all 3 isn't terrible. At least getting two from Walmart and two of the 212 from WG means free shipping...
Andru
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Thu Jun 17, 2021 3:17 pm

Oh boy! Tomorrow afternoon is going to be hectic fun...
Mannie_Bothans
Avengers Assemble

Thu Jun 17, 2021 3:22 pm

212 being Walgreens exclusives stings a bit. Everyone will want a couple. I hope they ordered enough. Awesome reveals today. Love the Imperial Crosshair! I wish Best Buy would ship those Elite Squad Troopers already.
Reefer Shark
IT'S CLOBBERIN TIME!

Thu Jun 17, 2021 3:29 pm

Please Hasbro, have some mercy. We've had enough exclusives this year already - these figures more than qualify for general release..

They all look fantastic, and If I miss out on that Rex, I'm going to be pretty sad about it!

Return to “Yavin 4: The Unofficial Star Wars Toy Board”