Star Wars Black 6 inch General Discussion

MAY THE TOYS BE WITH YOU! - Star Wars Black series both 6 inch and 3 and 3/4, vintage, POTF2, whatever! If it's a toy related to Star Wars then come talk about it!
TheCollector1999
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!
TheFwoosh.com rules: Yes

Re: Star Wars Black 6 inch General Discussion

Wed May 19, 2021 1:17 am

Found echo today was right under the black series collection almost missed him. Such a great figure!!
EnigmaticClarity
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Wed May 19, 2021 1:46 am

TheCollector1999 wrote:
Wed May 19, 2021 1:17 am
Found echo today was right under the black series collection almost missed him. Such a great figure!!

Yea, he's the standout of the four. Absolutely fantastic.

Someone pointed out on Reddit that they put Hawk's shins on backwards on either most or all figures. I checked mine and he's right, they're on the wrong side. He shows in his thread how he swapped them.

It didn't seem all that noticeable in his pics, but in hand it's more evident. It's minor but definitely visible. Not sure I'll bother to swap, and I may not have noticed if he hadn't pointed it out.

Trunks3540
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Wed May 19, 2021 2:21 am

First thing I did when I got Obi Wan home is fix his parts. Hes alot better now. Not perfect, but better. I wish they would've redone his lightsaber. The one they made for him and his RotS figure are too skinny for him to hold without 2 hands. The one that came with old man Ben is a little thicker and fits better, it just doesn't have the peg for his belt. They redid Skywalker's lightsaber... 3 times now? There's a bunch of different ones out there, so I don't know why Obi Wan couldn't get the same treatment. It's not like this would be the last time they use it.

I moved the elbow pads around and glued them to the forarm and chopped off the strap since it wasn't screen accurate, and looked like crap on the top. It's still not screen accurate because they are the wrong shape, but it looks better. And I moved the knee pads to the bottom like I did with Hunter and my Ahsoka clone. And painted the things that needed it.

PicsImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

joshsquash729
IT'S CLOBBERIN TIME!

Wed May 19, 2021 4:06 am

No luck today in Forest Hills/Rego Park, NY. Tried asking an employee at one of the stores, and they weren't very willing to cooperate, but I can't necessarily say I blame them. From the sound of it, many have asked, and few have been nice about it. Hope that doesn't make it harder to get this wave. From what I've seen, a lot of early finds have been due to employees looking in the back, and it looks like we're burning that bridge around here. Scalpers and super hardcore, combative collectors are fairly common in my area.
Nebraska
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Wed May 19, 2021 4:12 am

Ash Talon wrote:I believe Target has a toy aisle reset coming up. By the end of the month, I think. So if some stores have these in stock but can't find them, they may be wrapped up on a pallet designated for the aisle reset.
These have 2 locations. An aisle location and an endcap. The aisle has a set date of the 23rd. The endcap is suppose to be set by the 30th. My store already had both set today.

My store received 3 of the 4. Unfortunately there was no Obi Wan. Also, they are receiving quite a few. My store had 12 Echos, 9 Hawks, 5 Anakins (with 6 more on the way), & 6 Obi Wans on the way.

Also, they were keeping them in the back & limiting them to 1 per person. I'm glad they were doing this as the local SW scalper already had 1 of each up on his eBay store tonight.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

MarvelLegendsMan
Runs Around in Tights

Wed May 19, 2021 4:41 am

joshsquash729 wrote:No luck today in Forest Hills/Rego Park, NY. Tried asking an employee at one of the stores, and they weren't very willing to cooperate, but I can't necessarily say I blame them. From the sound of it, many have asked, and few have been nice about it. Hope that doesn't make it harder to get this wave. From what I've seen, a lot of early finds have been due to employees looking in the back, and it looks like we're burning that bridge around here. Scalpers and super hardcore, combative collectors are fairly common in my area.
From my experience, employees at NYC Targets are just clueless about figures and don't do the "going in the back to get something for you" thing (I'm always super polite about it). For what it's worth, I called 3 NYC Targets today and gave them DPCIs, none had any in stock.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Ru_1977
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Wed May 19, 2021 5:28 am

PSPS13 wrote:
Wed May 19, 2021 12:08 am
'The hunt' just feels like a romantic way to describe unnecessary (often disappointing) travel, to me.
Perfectly stated.
SymbiSpidey
Runs Around in Tights

Wed May 19, 2021 3:07 pm

None of the Targets in my area seemed to get Anakin or Obi-Wan. I did manage to find a 2nd Echo at one of them though so if anybody has an Anakin or Obi-Wan they're willing to trade, I'd gladly do it

CrumpsBrother
HULK SMASH!

Wed May 19, 2021 3:15 pm

My local store in Rockford, IL had all four this morning. 12 of each. I was the only one there at 8:30 and was able to get one of each, they were limiting which was nice. I don't think this will be difficult to find for everyone in the next few days or so.
EnigmaticClarity
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Wed May 19, 2021 3:20 pm

Ru_1977 wrote:
Wed May 19, 2021 5:28 am
PSPS13 wrote:
Wed May 19, 2021 12:08 am
'The hunt' just feels like a romantic way to describe unnecessary (often disappointing) travel, to me.
Perfectly stated.

Good hunting means little or no unnecessary travel. When it's a Target exclusive for me it's almost all telephone calls, although I will at times just go into a store without prep work or inventory scouting just for physical exercise. To get my Clone Wars figures so far I made exactly one trip--to the store, to Customer Service right by the entrance, and back to my car, although I did go to Toys to see what Legends they had.

I certainly prefer not to be FORCED to hunt like I am with exclusives because I don't always have enough free time to do it during whatever random week exclusives release, but I kind of enjoy it when it happens because landing the figures is satisfying. I rarely pre-order for this reason and only do it when I can get a sale price or it's a figure that will be particularly difficult to get. I certainly would have pre-ordered these Clone Wars figures if I had the chance, but so far landing them has been very easy, and a little hunting can be fun. Obi-Wan should hit my area tomorrow or Friday and I see no reason I won't have him when when he arrives.

Walmart is another matter because they won't answer the phone like Target will. If I get a SKU that works, it's pretty easy. If I don't it's the frustrating kind of hunting you and PSP13 are alluding to, although I haven't had to do it for a few years because I've had luck via the web site for everything I never found a SKU for.
SymbiSpidey
Runs Around in Tights

Wed May 19, 2021 3:52 pm

I have to admit there was some sense of enjoyment when I went into the store and actually found Echo (especially today when in a rare occurrence, he was actually sitting on the shelf).

But if I had to choose between this and guaranteed preorder windows....definitely the latter lol.

Toy hunting can be fun under the condition that retailers are regularly stocking new stuff so there's always something interesting to find (even if it's not necessarily what you're looking for). The problem I have with how things go nowadays is that most of the stores I go to, there are entire empty sections or if they are filled, it's the same figures that have been sitting there for a year.

On top of that, even when there is new stock, most of it doesn't even make it to the shelf before selling out.

MickJohnson
Faster than a speeding bullet

Wed May 19, 2021 4:12 pm

Congrats to those who have found what they are looking for here. I really want an Echo so I enviously sit here on the other side of the world, bereft of Ahsoka's 332nd clone troopers and Clone Wars 6" figures that will never make it to our shores.

You may hate The Hunt, but at least you get a hunt.
EnigmaticClarity
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Wed May 19, 2021 4:20 pm

For you guys who don't want to hunt the Clone Wars figures by telephone, here's a tip--I give it good odds that the figures will show up for online purchase and either shipping or in-store pickup Sunday morning at midnight CST, which is 1AM EST. Target's corporate headquarters is in the Central time zone so it's after midnight their time that they typically make online ordering available for items with a release date. If the button doesn't show right away it probably will at some point between midnight and 2AM EST. That's how I got my last Target exclusive Black Series item which was the Mando/Child 2-pack. I forget how long it was available for, but it wasn't long, maybe 15 to 30 minutes at most before it sold out, but I had the page up and was refreshing it and got an order in. I think that set came up for order at about 12:30 to 12:45 AM CST when I nabbed it.

I've got young twins and that's past my bedtime so I prefer the phone calls myself. There's also the Reddit thread where people are sharing their local scouting intelligence for the figures:

Ru_1977
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Wed May 19, 2021 4:59 pm

EnigmaticClarity wrote:
Wed May 19, 2021 4:20 pm
For you guys who don't want to hunt the Clone Wars figures by telephone, here's a tip--
Thank you so much for all that. I do agree about the online thing based on what I was told by a Target person.
c_money_collins
Customized

Wed May 19, 2021 5:48 pm

Mannie_Bothans wrote:
Tue May 18, 2021 8:05 pm
FOMO is hitting hard right now. I've struck out for two days. I will never understand how some of you enjoy "the hunt" lol. Give me my online pre orders any day.
As a "hunt" lover don't get me wrong, I preorder when I can to the stakes. I also have a bunch of Targets around me so that helps. I also can afford to drive around to these places. I've been really successful lately getting GI Joes, Star Wars, and Neca stuff. If I wasn't I might not be so enthusiastic about "the hunt."

Return to “Yavin 4: The Unofficial Star Wars Toy Board”