Star Wars Black 6 inch General Discussion

MAY THE TOYS BE WITH YOU! - Star Wars Black series both 6 inch and 3 and 3/4, vintage, POTF2, whatever! If it's a toy related to Star Wars then come talk about it!
VonDoom62
IT'S CLOBBERIN TIME!
TheFwoosh.com rules: Yes

Re: Star Wars Black 6 inch General Discussion

Fri May 14, 2021 5:38 pm

I ordered Deluxe RotJ Boba Fett off of Amazon around the beginning of May and got it today. Much sooner than was estimated. This is a definite improvement to the old ESB one in almost every way imaginable. So much more fun to pose and play with. I do already have a small tear on the chest overlay, though. I don't know if it came like that or not. Guess I'll have to exercise caution there.
Reefer Shark
Avengers Assemble

Fri May 14, 2021 8:19 pm

Got my Amazon Greedo today too, I think he’s my favorite of the “vintage homage” crew.

Trunks3540
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Fri May 14, 2021 8:22 pm

I got Endor Leia today. I am underwhelmed. I want to display her without the poncho. But her neck is thinner at the bottom, and her belt needs to be on or her torso looks terrible. And shes got the new knees, but I knew that going in. At least her face looks nice. But all in all, she's meh. I should've got the Hoth anniversary one. That one looks like it may have been better.

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

PSPS13
Super Poseable

Fri May 14, 2021 8:57 pm

Trunks3540 wrote:
Fri May 14, 2021 8:22 pm
I got Endor Leia today. I am underwhelmed. I want to display her without the poncho. But her neck is thinner at the bottom, and her belt needs to be on or her torso looks terrible. And shes got the new knees, but I knew that going in. At least her face looks nice. But all in all, she's meh. I should've got the Hoth anniversary one. That one looks like it may have been better.

Yeah, Luke and Leia without their ponchos don't quite work as well as hoped for me, either. Hoth Leia's definitely a good 'un, though. Really annoyed I missed Bespin escape Leia, because that's supposed to be very good, too.
Trunks3540
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Fri May 14, 2021 9:40 pm

I see the face on that one isn't the best but the figure overall looks nice. I don't think they did the face printing on it. But if they rerelease it in the future I will definitely pick it up. It just going for too much right now aftermarket.

Reefer Shark
Avengers Assemble

Fri May 14, 2021 11:30 pm

Trunks3540 wrote:
Fri May 14, 2021 9:40 pm
I see the face on that one isn't the best but the figure overall looks nice. I don't think they did the face printing on it. But if they rerelease it in the future I will definitely pick it up. It just going for too much right now aftermarket.

This one seems pretty reasonably priced:

https://www.ebay.com/itm/232944191576?h ... Sw~WNbrceX

It definitely does have face printing on it, and it looks great in person.. at least in my opinion anyway!
Trunks3540
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Sat May 15, 2021 1:38 am

Hmm. I did a quick check on amazon and that one was expensive so I figured they all may be. I'll have to think about it though. Since I already spent money on this and the Assajj and Bo Katan already lol. The $9 shipping pretty much kills it though.

Super Camel
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Sat May 15, 2021 4:54 am

I'm so happy the Gaming Greats Cal Kestis deluxe figure is shipping. I can't wait to get this figure. I'm as excited for the BD-1 toy that comes with it as I am Cal lol. I really do hope they get to characters like The Second Sister, Jaro Tapal, Merrin, Cera Junda, and Taron Malicos in the Gaming Greats (or basic) Black Series line.

I love Fallen Order. The more figures the better.
MickJohnson
Faster than a speeding bullet

Sat May 15, 2021 11:42 am

They have already done a Second Sister in the Black Series. And having a Jaro Tapal would be great as he's a good looking character design, but only plays a very small role in the game. And don't forget Cal's mate Prauf, the Abednedo from the start of the game!
Sloth15
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Sat May 15, 2021 11:46 am

Yeah, the Second Sister even had a Carbonized version.
Rish Outfield
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Sat May 15, 2021 5:19 pm

Does the Hasbro team know what sells better, between movie figures, animated series figures, and video game figures (oh, and "Mandalorian" figures too, I suppose)? Or do they just measure success in full case sales?

If it turned out that the Fallen Order figures were more demanded than, say, "Rebels" figures, would they even know about it?
Reefer Shark
Avengers Assemble

Sat May 15, 2021 5:55 pm

Rish Outfield wrote:
Sat May 15, 2021 5:19 pm
Does the Hasbro team know what sells better, between movie figures, animated series figures, and video game figures (oh, and "Mandalorian" figures too, I suppose)? Or do they just measure success in full case sales?

If it turned out that the Fallen Order figures were more demanded than, say, "Rebels" figures, would they even know about it?
Im pretty sure they can track individual sales since all the figures have their own unique sku's.

Probabaly why we havent seen any sequel trilogy figures in a bit - the only one I can remember in recent history was that dark side Rey figure. Im assuming sales data is what has led to the influx of Gaming greats, clone wars, and mandalorian figures lately.
Grins
Avengers Assemble

Sat May 15, 2021 6:36 pm

Reefer Shark wrote:
Im assuming sales data is what has led to the influx of Gaming greats, clone wars, and mandalorian figures lately.
What stores have you shopping at where's an influx of anything but disappointment on the SW pegs?
Reefer Shark
Avengers Assemble

Sat May 15, 2021 6:56 pm

Grins wrote:
Sat May 15, 2021 6:36 pm
Reefer Shark wrote:
Im assuming sales data is what has led to the influx of Gaming greats, clone wars, and mandalorian figures lately.
What stores have you shopping at where's an influx of anything but disappointment on the SW pegs?
Hah! What makes you think I've seen an iflux of anything at any store? I share your disappointment when I come across the pitiful Star Wars section in the action figure aile...

I'm talking about the character selections on current waves, which Im assuming is based on sales data - which I'm assuming is why you arent seeing unpopular stuff like sequel trilogy characters being solicited.
RoboKillah
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Sat May 15, 2021 8:29 pm

Wouldn't Gaming Greats, Clone Wars, and Mandalorian also be more recent media than the Sequels? Not saying you're wrong, but they also seem to just roll with the current tide too, unless it's an anniversary of some sort.

Return to “Yavin 4: The Unofficial Star Wars Toy Board”