Star Wars Black 6 inch General Discussion

MAY THE TOYS BE WITH YOU! - Star Wars Black series both 6 inch and 3 and 3/4, vintage, POTF2, whatever! If it's a toy related to Star Wars then come talk about it!
Roufuss
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!
TheFwoosh.com rules: Yes

Re: Star Wars Black 6 inch General Discussion

Fri May 07, 2021 10:04 pm

Seeing pics of upcoming inventory on Instagram from presumably Target employees — looks like stores are going to get one case per figure, six per case. The store I saw was set to get them on 5/20.

I really, really don’t understand how Target feels 6 per store is enough. Those will be gone minutes after opening. Then just empty pegs for months, like Cobra Island.
madflava
CROM!

Fri May 07, 2021 10:34 pm

While I would like to have the Target Clone Wars figures, I don't need them. If I can order them online easy, they get my money. If I can't, then I'm fine not ever owning them. If Hasbro/Target would make buying figures easy, they would get my money.
EnigmaticClarity
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Fri May 07, 2021 11:19 pm

Roufuss wrote:
Fri May 07, 2021 10:04 pm
I really, really don’t understand how Target feels 6 per store is enough. Those will be gone minutes after opening. Then just empty pegs for months, like Cobra Island.

They're pretty much generic items on a list to them...they don't "feel" anything about it. What I don't get is how Hasbro can't help them gauge demand.
EnigmaticClarity
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Fri May 07, 2021 11:21 pm

343guiltyspark wrote:
Fri May 07, 2021 9:56 pm
I think it’s really going to be a “hunger games”, every-man-for-himself situation, which will result in tons of stressed out collectors and miserable Target employees getting bombarded with requests to look in the back for stock, etc.

Amazing_Spider-Man
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Fri May 07, 2021 11:45 pm

After seeing Sideshow Collectibles is making accurate Clone Wars figures in 1/6 scale, I feel a little better about not being able to get the Target Exclusive figures.

Totally stupid of Hasbro to make these exclusive, when they could've just done what they love and make some more repaints for the store. I doubt Target is specifically asking for exclusive Anakin, Echo, and Obi-Wan if they figure 6 of those per store is enough to get people in the store.

Though I can't image Hasbro is stupid enough not to slot those figures in the mainline.
bravo5
HULK SMASH!

Sat May 08, 2021 12:07 am

I'm sure they'll get a mainline release. It's probably the retro clone wars style packaging that's going to be exclusive to target
Super Camel
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Sat May 08, 2021 1:05 am

Man, I wish BBTS would get the Asajj Ventress and Bo Katan Wave in. it feels like I have had that set pre ordered forever. And it this point, I have actually seen some of the figures from the Wave in stores. I need my Ventress figure!! Plus, now I'm all amped for some Bad Batch figures because of the show.
Nik
HULK SMASH!

Sat May 08, 2021 1:47 am

Found those cheap 5 dollar 6 inch Hasbro Star Wars figures at Wal-mart today. I always passed on the Marvel ones when I would see them in the impulse purchase areas around the registers, but I couldn't pass up a Mando and Grogu for 5 bucks a pop.

I still haven't managed to snag a Beskar Black Series Mando of any variety, so this dude will make a fine stand-in until I do, unpainted legs and blaster in hand permanente notwithstanding. The Grogu is similarly frozen in a pose with limited articulation, but his Hover Pram is worth the admission alone.

I also picked up Jaxxon at Gamestop and the cheap figs look just fine next to a Black Series figure, scale and detail is there, they just lack some paint and articulation. The box also had a crap-ton of Han, Vader and Luke. If'n you see them in the wild, they are totally worth the buy.
christianpyro
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Sat May 08, 2021 2:00 am

Super Camel wrote:
Man, I wish BBTS would get the Asajj Ventress and Bo Katan Wave in. it feels like I have had that set pre ordered forever. And it this point, I have actually seen some of the figures from the Wave in stores. I need my Ventress figure!! Plus, now I'm all amped for some Bad Batch figures because of the show.
I think BBTS is getting figures in waves. They fulfilled my Bo Katan order about a month ago. I ended up going with Gamestop for the rest of the wave.
Nebraska
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Sat May 08, 2021 2:26 am

Super Camel wrote:Man, I wish BBTS would get the Asajj Ventress and Bo Katan Wave in. it feels like I have had that set pre ordered forever. And it this point, I have actually seen some of the figures from the Wave in stores. I need my Ventress figure!! Plus, now I'm all amped for some Bad Batch figures because of the show.
Bo hit my PoL last month & Ventress hit this week.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

madflava
CROM!

Sat May 08, 2021 3:08 am

Super Camel wrote:
Same, I keep passing up buying some of these figures elsewhere because I have the whole set on preorder at BBTS.
343guiltyspark
HULK SMASH!

Sat May 08, 2021 3:14 am

bravo5 wrote:I'm sure they'll get a mainline release. It's probably the retro clone wars style packaging that's going to be exclusive to target
I don’t know… that would make too much sense for Hasbro to do, and I’m not sure if they are that rational Image. But I guess we’ll see.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
jkpopculture
Runs Around in Tights

Sat May 08, 2021 4:28 am

Nik wrote:
Sat May 08, 2021 1:47 am
Found those cheap 5 dollar 6 inch Hasbro Star Wars figures at Wal-mart today. I always passed on the Marvel ones when I would see them in the impulse purchase areas around the registers, but I couldn't pass up a Mando and Grogu for 5 bucks a pop.

I still haven't managed to snag a Beskar Black Series Mando of any variety, so this dude will make a fine stand-in until I do, unpainted legs and blaster in hand permanente notwithstanding. The Grogu is similarly frozen in a pose with limited articulation, but his Hover Pram is worth the admission alone.

I also picked up Jaxxon at Gamestop and the cheap figs look just fine next to a Black Series figure, scale and detail is there, they just lack some paint and articulation. The box also had a crap-ton of Han, Vader and Luke. If'n you see them in the wild, they are totally worth the buy.
Can you take some pictures. Especially of the hover pram
Trunks3540
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Sat May 08, 2021 6:37 am

I got a shipping notice from Dorksids for Bo Katan and Assajj. So they got at least some of theirs too.

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

Aleks
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Sat May 08, 2021 7:54 am

bravo5 wrote:
Sat May 08, 2021 12:07 am
I'm sure they'll get a mainline release. It's probably the retro clone wars style packaging that's going to be exclusive to target
People always say that, but almost always it turns out to be false. I am more than sure that all those people who said that all Target G.I. Joe figures will be re-released with changes in the main line will be wrong too. Baroness with purple hair at best.

So yeah, no preorders? Another brilliant decision from Star Wars team. They [email protected]#$ hate us, right? There are no targets In the country I live in now, so no luck for me I guess. Well, if they don't need my money, then I will spend them elsewhere. Simple as that.

Return to “Yavin 4: The Unofficial Star Wars Toy Board”