Star Wars Black 6 inch General Discussion

MAY THE TOYS BE WITH YOU! - Star Wars Black series both 6 inch and 3 and 3/4, vintage, POTF2, whatever! If it's a toy related to Star Wars then come talk about it!
g3rman1a
Everloving Blue Eyed Thing
TheFwoosh.com rules: Yes

Re: Star Wars Black 6 inch General Discussion

Thu May 06, 2021 6:30 pm

docsilence wrote:
Thu May 06, 2021 6:24 pm
I wasn't sure I was going to be all in on the Bad Batch (they weren't my favorite episodes in the last season of Clone Wars) but that first episode really hooked me. Definitely going to pick up Hunter and Crosshair if I can find them before Pulse's June preorder shipment (they've been delaying everything lately so I'm hoping to get them sooner).
Just a heads up, both Hunter and Crosshair are in stock on Gamestops website, on sale at $20 each.
docsilence
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Thu May 06, 2021 10:55 pm

g3rman1a wrote:
Thu May 06, 2021 6:30 pm
docsilence wrote:
Thu May 06, 2021 6:24 pm
I wasn't sure I was going to be all in on the Bad Batch (they weren't my favorite episodes in the last season of Clone Wars) but that first episode really hooked me. Definitely going to pick up Hunter and Crosshair if I can find them before Pulse's June preorder shipment (they've been delaying everything lately so I'm hoping to get them sooner).
Just a heads up, both Hunter and Crosshair are in stock on Gamestops website, on sale at $20 each.
I caved and ordered Hunter, Crosshair, the Elite Trooper and an extra Asajj to do some modding on since she was on sale cheap and they've already shipped. I don't mind Pulse as a backup but I wonder what percentage of cancellations they end up getting because they get their stock so late so often. I actually don't mind waiting (I'm not actively looking for the other summer releases early) but they probably were hurt by the show premiering a month before they got their stock when the other vendors are already selling Hunter and Crosshair.
Rish Outfield
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Fri May 07, 2021 7:08 am

I couldn't make it to GameStop yesterday to order the Nightbrother and Flametrooper, but called and asked if they might (pre)sell out. They told me no, and when I went in today, I was able to preorder both with no problems. And they're still up for preorder now. I hope some of you head to your local GSs and reward them for being the easiest and most consistent with exclusives.

Heck, I might order a couple extra figures I don't even need. And the really hot employee doesn't even work there anymore.
jkpopculture
Runs Around in Tights

Fri May 07, 2021 1:28 pm

I wonder if anyone will use the night brother warrior as the base for a savage oppress figure. I could even see hasbro reusing parts for one.
supreme-d
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Fri May 07, 2021 2:46 pm

jkpopculture wrote:
Fri May 07, 2021 1:28 pm
I wonder if anyone will use the night brother warrior as the base for a savage oppress figure. I could even see hasbro reusing parts for one.
I hope they make a Savage Oppress, but I dont think he should use Night brother parts because the Night brother is Maul’s height. Isn’t Savage noticeably taller?

When they do eventually release Clone Wars Maul and Savage Oppress, I bet they’ll be exclusive to Chuck E Cheese prize counters in New Jersey.
TENIME_art
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Fri May 07, 2021 3:43 pm

Preacherpool wrote:
Thu May 06, 2021 2:47 am
I'm not even mad about the GameStop exclusives being $27. They will be mine and I will get every penny of enjoyment out of them.

A number of discounted items have sold out, but they do still have Crosshair and Hunter on sale for $19.54 apiece and Asajj for $16.99. $89.99 for the Legends set of four, shipping in July.

https://www.gamestop.com/search/?q=star ... ng=default
Thank you. Ventress was sold out when I preordered the Nightbrothers (only one for me, one for a friend for free shipping), but I just grabbed her & the Bad Batch.

Sad I missed Bo & Maul for cheaper, though. :|
Reefer Shark
Avengers Assemble

Fri May 07, 2021 5:14 pm

Rish Outfield wrote:
I couldn't make it to GameStop yesterday to order the Nightbrother and Flametrooper, but called and asked if they might (pre)sell out. They told me no, and when I went in today, I was able to preorder both with no problems. And they're still up for preorder now. I hope some of you head to your local GSs and reward them for being the easiest and most consistent with exclusives.

Heck, I might order a couple extra figures I don't even need. And the really hot employee doesn't even work there anymore.
I stopped there yesterday myself and preordered the two figures. So glad I fought FOMO and held off until I could go in to my local store. Total came to $59 instead of the $72 the online price w/shipping. Plus I so much prefer paying full up front on these.. I'm definitely sticking to ordering instore for all Gamestop exclusives going forward!
supreme-d
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Fri May 07, 2021 6:10 pm

Reefer Shark wrote:
Rish Outfield wrote:

I stopped there yesterday myself and preordered the two figures. So glad I fought FOMO and held off until I could go in to my local store. Total came to $59 instead of the $72 the online price w/shipping. Plus I so much prefer paying full up front on these.. I'm definitely sticking to ordering instore for all Gamestop exclusives going forward!
Wish Target would let me do this instead of hoping I’m online and not working when preorders “go live”.

Did I just sarcastically stumble upon a way for Target to un- ^*@#$ themselves when it comes to exclusive figures, and also generate some good will with collectors?
JPC
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Fri May 07, 2021 7:26 pm

The conversation over which characters Hasbro is CHOOSING to make hard to find is one that needs more attention.

Anakin, Obi-Wan, Ahsoka - Ep1 Qui-Gon, Darth Maul, Obi-Wan - TVC ROTJ Luke, Leia - The Mandalorian w/Grogu - both scales exclusive

These are TOP TIER characters who should be on every store shelf in the world - the WORLD. And each has been limited to a one-store, limited exclusive. How does that make sense? Who does that serve? And it's been going on long enough now that Hasbro KNOWS it makes everyone miserable and they continue to do it.

Why is Hasbro putting THE MAIN characters in limited distribution, store exclusive releases?
Mannie_Bothans
Avengers Assemble

Fri May 07, 2021 7:39 pm

Ya'll seeing that report that there will be no pre-order window for the Target exclusives ?? They are just going to drop in stores and online when it hits. No pre order. Very odd, I don't know if that means the stock is too low ?

The internal street date is 5/19 or 5/23? I've seen both dates thrown around. I don't know which is correct, but things are about to pop off super fast lol. Blood bath savage end of times nightmare scenario. If this is true I'm sure by next week people will start finding them in stores only to be street-dated. Chaos reigns.
g3rman1a
Everloving Blue Eyed Thing

Fri May 07, 2021 7:51 pm

Mannie_Bothans wrote:
Fri May 07, 2021 7:39 pm
Ya'll seeing that report that there will be no pre-order window for the Target exclusives ?? They are just going to drop in stores and online when it hits. No pre order. Very odd, I don't know if that means the stock is too low ?

The internal street date is 5/19 or 5/23? I've seen both dates thrown around. I don't know which is correct, but things are about to pop off super fast lol. Blood bath savage end of times nightmare scenario. If this is true I'm sure by next week people will start finding them in stores only to be street-dated. Chaos reigns.
I've seen this in a few places. It's just so odd that Target would chose to handle the drop of these figs different than how everyone else does it. Regardless, chaos reigns indeed.
Roufuss
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Fri May 07, 2021 8:16 pm

I guess that’s one way to fix your terrible preorder system, by just not offering preorders completely.

Unless each store is getting multiple solid cases of each figure, I give up. I already know people will be lining up outside every morning to buy everything just like Cobra Island.
Reefer Shark
Avengers Assemble

Fri May 07, 2021 8:45 pm

supreme-d wrote:
Fri May 07, 2021 6:10 pm
Reefer Shark wrote:
Rish Outfield wrote:

Wish Target would let me do this instead of hoping I’m online and not working when preorders “go live”.

Did I just sarcastically stumble upon a way for Target to un- ^*@#$ themselves when it comes to exclusive figures, and also generate some good will with collectors?
Seriously, I would add Wal-Mart and Walgreens to that list as well. I've had zero luck with Target and Walgreens ex's, and minimal luck at best with Walmart.. but I've had absolutely no problem getting every single Gamestop exclusive I've ever wanted.
343guiltyspark
HULK SMASH!

Fri May 07, 2021 9:56 pm

Roufuss wrote:I guess that’s one way to fix your terrible preorder system, by just not offering preorders completely.

Unless each store is getting multiple solid cases of each figure, I give up. I already know people will be lining up outside every morning to buy everything just like Cobra Island.
I think it’s really going to be a “hunger games”, every-man-for-himself situation, which will result in tons of stressed out collectors and miserable Target employees getting bombarded with requests to look in the back for stock, etc. And to think all of this could have been avoided by simply putting up a sufficient quantity for preorder like GameStop. I’m sure Target could if they want to. They have way more resources than GameStop. Target must think if they lure people to the store for these exclusives due to lack of online availability, people will buy other stuff once they’re at the store. I hope you all choose to not validate Target’s business strategy - don’t buy other miscellaneous stuff from them if you’re hunting for figures!

And we need to call out the Hasbro Star Wars team and Target for bad communication. It seems like most of our news sources are unofficial / on social media like Yakface or forums, no official communication to the fans. SMH. Image

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
SymbiSpidey
Runs Around in Tights

Fri May 07, 2021 9:57 pm

JPC wrote:The conversation over which characters Hasbro is CHOOSING to make hard to find is one that needs more attention.

Anakin, Obi-Wan, Ahsoka - Ep1 Qui-Gon, Darth Maul, Obi-Wan - TVC ROTJ Luke, Leia - The Mandalorian w/Grogu - both scales exclusive

These are TOP TIER characters who should be on every store shelf in the world - the WORLD. And each has been limited to a one-store, limited exclusive. How does that make sense? Who does that serve? And it's been going on long enough now that Hasbro KNOWS it makes everyone miserable and they continue to do it.

Why is Hasbro putting THE MAIN characters in limited distribution, store exclusive releases?
This is really my problem.

As far as I'm concerned, any Skywalker, Kenobi, Tano or named 501st ARC Trooper should be kept in steady rotation on the pegs and should be made available EVERYWHERE.

I don't get why that's so difficult when background characters that show up for 2 minutes in a single movie can get a slot in a mainline wave.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

Return to “Yavin 4: The Unofficial Star Wars Toy Board”