Star Wars Black 6 inch General Discussion

MAY THE TOYS BE WITH YOU! - Star Wars Black series both 6 inch and 3 and 3/4, vintage, POTF2, whatever! If it's a toy related to Star Wars then come talk about it!
Ru_1977
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!
TheFwoosh.com rules: Yes

Re: Star Wars Black 6 inch General Discussion

Sun Apr 11, 2021 9:45 pm

TENIME_art wrote:
Sun Apr 11, 2021 8:17 pm
Oh, absolutely. I felt like Boba Fett, haha. And this was long before he earned his badassedness in Mandalorian.

It was for my last job's Halloween party. And I lost the costume contest to a girl in grey makeup, having spasms as a "zombie."

Perfect gif.

I dunno... The first Halloween I wore my Fett was in 2001, and I think the AOTC trailer had already dropped because someone mentioned Jango to me, but one woman asked if I was supposed to be a Ghostbuster. I stated "obviously you aren't a Star Trek fan" and she laughed knowingly... But clearly still didn't get it.
MickJohnson
Faster than a speeding bullet

Sun Apr 11, 2021 10:02 pm

TENIME_art wrote:
Sun Apr 11, 2021 9:12 pm

Versus a 501st-approved, screen accurate Fett, lol.

K.
Maybe if you weathered that grey under suit a little more you would’ve won it :wink:
drkknght64
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Sun Apr 11, 2021 11:04 pm

I don't know if this is old news or not but I found the Tusken Raider wave at the Gateway Road Walmart today. This is the second time I've got lucky with finding a complete wave from Star Wars. I grabbed two Imperial Death troopers and a Tusken Raider. I guess they received two cases because they had three Death troopers on the pegs. I live in Columbus, GA so no where important.
Barton
HULK SMASH!

Mon Apr 12, 2021 1:04 am

theflicker wrote:
Sat Apr 10, 2021 5:29 pm
Nebraska wrote:
Boy Wonder wrote:I never realized it either. Those elbows are fine if they’re engineered to bend past 90°, which they’ve been better about lately.

I wonder if Koska being packaged with her helmet on and being pictured on the box with it on has anything to do with her WWE merch. Like Mattel/WWE doesn’t want another Sasha Banks being on display in the toy aisle.
Until yesterday I had no idea she was a wrestler.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk
Ha, same. Someone mentioned it was the best likeness of this person so far and I was like, "I guess she's someone . . ."

Sent from my Pixel 4 using Tapatalk
She’s probably the most well-known person on the show.
Ibentmyman-thing
Shakespeare of Fwoosh

Mon Apr 12, 2021 1:41 am

Yeah, she's Jar Jar Bank's sister.
MollyMillions
Avengers Assemble

Mon Apr 12, 2021 2:07 am

TENIME_art wrote:
Sun Apr 11, 2021 7:21 pm

Not sure if this is old news/common knowledge (this thread moves too fast to keep up with), but I noticed in a YouTube video, that Toys'R'Us (still frustratingly alive in Canadia) has the (what I thought was a) Pulse exclusive Deluxe Armorer:

I was able to snag one from Pulse thankfully, but that's a nice sight right there.
We had a glut of them in Ontario, to the point people didn't even care when it made the collector groups. I thought it was fantastic, since I had shelved my Pulse order at the last minute.

I haven't seen them for a month or so.
JTMarsh
CROM!

Mon Apr 12, 2021 4:13 am

I will refrain from the diabetes/overweight jokes with regards to your "zombie" having a seizure. But if Halloween Fett can't be overweight, then I'm pretty sure that applies to the BMI of the undead as well.

Was robbed. That or you didn't "do anything" for the judges.

At least you placed higher than Juggalo's 1 & 2, and Not-Even-Zombie Elvis.
TENIME_art
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Mon Apr 12, 2021 5:04 am

MickJohnson wrote:
Sun Apr 11, 2021 10:02 pm
Maybe if you weathered that grey under suit a little more you would’ve won it :wink:
:lol: Wasn't mine to weather, but if you know how...particular the 501st are, it must not have needed it to get approved.

MollyMillions wrote:
Mon Apr 12, 2021 2:07 am
We had a glut of them in Ontario, to the point people didn't even care when it made the collector groups. I thought it was fantastic, since I had shelved my Pulse order at the last minute.

I haven't seen them for a month or so.
I think she's in British Columbia? The video was just uploaded this week, too, but I'm not sure when it was filmed. *shrug*

Like I said, I've had mine for months, but it was definitely weird to see (especially while crying over the long-dead corpse of TRU, not to mention the already enviable sight of full shelves in any store)...

JTMarsh wrote:
Mon Apr 12, 2021 4:13 am
I will refrain from the diabetes/overweight jokes with regards to your "zombie" having a seizure. But if Halloween Fett can't be overweight, then I'm pretty sure that applies to the BMI of the undead as well.

Was robbed. That or you didn't "do anything" for the judges.

At least you placed higher than Juggalo's 1 & 2, and Not-Even-Zombie Elvis.
Haha, well, I've been known to dabble in both actual theater, as well as cosplay, so I was definitely "in character," and put on as much of a show as I was able in all that.
Trunks3540
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Mon Apr 12, 2021 6:21 am

I haven't taken off the pouches on mine but by the way the design is I figured that was the only thing hindering the leg movement. If you could post pics it may help me figure out if I actually wanna do it eventually. And if you can determine what else is hindering it that would be helpful as well.

I guess I should've put "in my opinion" on every post I make cause apparently people don't realize that its implied. Considering almost everything on these figures is a matter of preference. I wouldn't hate the new knees if they looked better. "In my opinion" they do not. At all. And function worse. But to each his own. If I wanted single jointed knees I'd be buying the small figures still.

Picture of the warped chest piece and how it angles up on his left. Its straight on his back, and sits flush with his shoulders. If you notice the shirt angles up, and the armor is slightly shorter on his left side because of it. Looks scrunched.Image

And now with these new pics of Aurra Sing looks like I may be disappointed in her as well. I'm wondering how the Marvel team can be making such vast improvements with the female figures and the star wars team is going backwards.

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

MickJohnson
Faster than a speeding bullet

Mon Apr 12, 2021 10:37 am

I certainly agree with you on the Marvel point. My one and only Marvel Legends figure is the recently released Amazon excl. Deadpool and it has utterly blown me away with its quality.

I can't agree with you on the crooked armour, though. Mine is the same so it leads me to believe it is deliberate, and the actual costumes from ROTJ (there would have been more than one) would have had slight defects. Just like the original Stormtrooper uniforms from A New Hope, which were well-known to be lopsided and shoddily made in crooked moulds, and no two complete sets of armour were the same.

Did you know that original Boba Fett helmet props also had asymmetrical T-visors too? The two lower edges of the horizontal portion below the eyes are a few millimeters off from each other. Hard to pick out on a 12th-scale action figure but definitely visible on the full size replica helmets you can get... which Hasbro didn't replicate on their cheaper versions!
Ru_1977
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Mon Apr 12, 2021 6:34 pm

MickJohnson wrote:
Mon Apr 12, 2021 10:37 am
Did you know that original Boba Fett helmet props also had asymmetrical T-visors too? The two lower edges of the horizontal portion below the eyes are a few millimeters off from each other. Hard to pick out on a 12th-scale action figure but definitely visible on the full size replica helmets you can get... which Hasbro didn't replicate on their cheaper versions!
Known as "the Boba wink". I think it's most pronounced on the ESB helmet, but present on all six of the original helmets and stunt versions that were cast from them.
Trunks3540
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Mon Apr 12, 2021 7:11 pm

See I've got ocd though. So the crooked armor bothers me. The Boba wink would bother me on the figures as well. If that's molded on them though I don't notice which is a good thing. I think that's one reason I don't like the new Domino they did in ML with Canonball, cause her shoulder armor isn't symmetrical. That kinda stuff bugs the crap out of my ocd lol.

That's one reason I'm overly critical of some issues as well. If things don't look right, they look off, or just out of place, or don't function properly, that bugs me too. Its hard going through this world seeing the things that are crooked and asymmetrical and having your brain yell at you over it. One reason I think the new knees bother me honestly, because of the knee pad placement. After I moved the knee pads down on both my clones I like them a bit better. They're still not perfect, but if I could do that to all these new figures I may not hate them as much. Also one reason I learned to paint a long time ago. Paint errors and mismatched colors for something that's supposed to be the same piece of clothing almost gives me a headache. I usually have to fix it.

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

Ru_1977
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Mon Apr 12, 2021 7:47 pm

I get it. The wink has always bothered me since I noticed it.

And Boba's "knee" armor being moved to his shins on the show has finally started to not bother me so much now. It's definitely easier to wear them there on my costume than the old suit was.
supreme-d
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Tue Apr 13, 2021 6:08 pm

The kneepads moved so they attach to the shins looks much better.
As I mentioned earlier, I don’t frequent this forum as much since I couldn’t find the figures for a while. That said, I have followed the releases and would like to reiterate the disappointment with the Star Wars line as compared to Marvel Legends. I get that Star Wars is more unique sculpts, which takes more time, but the number of missteps and omissions from this line after all these years is weird.
The support for Rise of Skywalker was weak. They brought back the y-angles hips for some figures. No TLJ final battle Luke Skywalker. No Droideka announced for the Phantom Menace anniversary, no Super Battle Droids yet despite a ton of clone repaints. R2D2 is still the wrong size afaik (I only have the original). No Stormtrooper or Clone army builders on Pulse. They dont know the difference between Kir Kanos and Carnor Jax. Seems like they are kinda phoning it in.
However, I did find a ton of Jar Jar Binks figures today, so maybe distribution is improving?
supermonkey
teh awsum

Tue Apr 13, 2021 6:56 pm

supreme-d wrote:
Tue Apr 13, 2021 6:08 pm
The kneepads moved so they attach to the shins looks much better.
As I mentioned earlier, I don’t frequent this forum as much since I couldn’t find the figures for a while. That said, I have followed the releases and would like to reiterate the disappointment with the Star Wars line as compared to Marvel Legends. I get that Star Wars is more unique sculpts, which takes more time, but the number of missteps and omissions from this line after all these years is weird.
The support for Rise of Skywalker was weak. They brought back the y-angles hips for some figures. No TLJ final battle Luke Skywalker. No Droideka announced for the Phantom Menace anniversary, no Super Battle Droids yet despite a ton of clone repaints. R2D2 is still the wrong size afaik (I only have the original). No Stormtrooper or Clone army builders on Pulse. They dont know the difference between Kir Kanos and Carnor Jax. Seems like they are kinda phoning it in.
However, I did find a ton of Jar Jar Binks figures today, so maybe distribution is improving?
This is a good summation of both Hasbro's and Disney's missteps around the ST, and subsequent mismanagement by the Hasbro team even as the Disney side got it's $#!+ together.

It's also a nice side-swipe at the ridiculousness of this Jar Jar situation vis a vis distribution. The team gets 1 friggin product to market in the last 6 months, and what is it?

While I don't as often take issue with construction details of the figures, I'm frequently baffled by how Hasbro just leaves money on the table. How hard would it be to do a $14.99 Stormtrooper, Clone Trooper, etc on Hasbro Pulse (like the AIM, Hydra, and Hellfire guards)?

Return to “Yavin 4: The Unofficial Star Wars Toy Board”