Star Wars Figuarts!

MAY THE TOYS BE WITH YOU! - Star Wars Black series both 6 inch and 3 and 3/4, vintage, POTF2, whatever! If it's a toy related to Star Wars then come talk about it!
Xaero Gravity
Everloving Blue Eyed Thing
TheFwoosh.com rules: Yes

Re: Star Wars Figuarts!

Tue May 10, 2022 5:17 am

For those curious about the tight head, I took some pics of the hole and peg so you can compare with yours, as well as a video of the head rotation.
Reinanigans
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Star Wars Figuarts!

Tue May 10, 2022 1:07 pm

Rageasaurus wrote:No issue with the neck on mine thankfully but the swoosh lightsaber effect won’t stay on to save its life. Really annoying. Other nitpick I have is the black glove..I think I much prefer the matte over the glossy look. Matte is more accurate, no?

The stock cloak is ok and I much prefer and appreciate Figuarts continuing to try soft goods vs plastic but getting a 3rd party really elevates it. Luckily I had bought one from OT Customs for ROTJ so I just switched it. I love how these are all different lines but all look great together.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Is that the Figuarts Mando? Did you weather it? And I’m guessing those are all Casting Cave heads? They look great!

For the record, both of the heads on mine stay on fine, and I’ve popped them both off to hit with dull coat, and no problem getting back on and staying on. Not saying it’s not an issue at all. Just not with mine.
Rageasaurus
Avengers Assemble

Star Wars Figuarts!

Tue May 10, 2022 4:22 pm

Reinanigans wrote:
Rageasaurus wrote:No issue with the neck on mine thankfully but the swoosh lightsaber effect won’t stay on to save its life. Really annoying. Other nitpick I have is the black glove..I think I much prefer the matte over the glossy look. Matte is more accurate, no?

The stock cloak is ok and I much prefer and appreciate Figuarts continuing to try soft goods vs plastic but getting a 3rd party really elevates it. Luckily I had bought one from OT Customs for ROTJ so I just switched it. I love how these are all different lines but all look great together.

Is that the Figuarts Mando? Did you weather it? And I’m guessing those are all Casting Cave heads? They look great!

For the record, both of the heads on mine stay on fine, and I’ve popped them both off to hit with dull coat, and no problem getting back on and staying on. Not saying it’s not an issue at all. Just not with mine.
You’re going to hate this…but it’s actually the Mafex haha (I know you weren’t a fan), with S2 upgrades from OT customs and shrunken HT helmet. I did weather entire figure and repaint the blaster..I love him.
And yup, other painted heads from the GOAT Corey at casting cave!

Reinanigans
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Tue May 10, 2022 4:50 pm

Rageasaurus wrote:
Reinanigans wrote:

You’re going to hate this…but it’s actually the Mafex haha (I know you weren’t a fan), with S2 upgrades from OT customs and shrunken HT helmet. I did weather entire figure and repaint the blaster..I love him.

I don’t hate it at all! That Mando looks fantastic. The cape is new too, right? I knew there was something else to it besides the weathering that screamed “not SHF.”

And it’s funny you have Ahsoka and Luke with your custom heads. I feel like paint aside, the mass market figures are finally starting to catch up to the customizers.
Rageasaurus
Avengers Assemble

Wed May 11, 2022 4:06 pm

Reinanigans wrote:
Rageasaurus wrote:
Reinanigans wrote: Is that the Figuarts Mando? Did you weather it? And I’m guessing those are all Casting Cave heads? They look great!

I don’t hate it at all! That Mando looks fantastic. The cape is new too, right? I knew there was something else to it besides the weathering that screamed “not SHF.”

And it’s funny you have Ahsoka and Luke with your custom heads. I feel like paint aside, the mass market figures are finally starting to catch up to the customizers.
Thanks! def took some work to make the Mafex look accurate. Had to replace that cape with another great product from OT customs but his customer service and production timelines could use some work.

Also, I just realized this new Luke looks very much like the video game Battlefront 2 version. He may not be entirely Mando S2 accurate but he’s the prime Jedi Master Luke I’ve always wanted.

Reinanigans
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Wed May 11, 2022 4:48 pm

Rageasaurus wrote:
Reinanigans wrote:
Rageasaurus wrote: You’re going to hate this…but it’s actually the Mafex haha (I know you weren’t a fan), with S2 upgrades from OT customs and shrunken HT helmet. I did weather entire figure and repaint the blaster..I love him.

Thanks! def took some work to make the Mafex look accurate. Had to replace that cape with another great product from OT customs but his customer service and production timelines could use some work.

Also, I just realized this new Luke looks very much like the video game Battlefront 2 version. He may not be entirely Mando S2 accurate but he’s the prime Jedi Master Luke I’ve always wanted.

I have a few things from OT-Customs including his Jedi Luke cloak, which I love. But you’re right. The guy seems quite entitled and sometimes downright rude, even when I try being as polite as possible. I kinda get it though, he’s probably dealt with some very rude customers in the past. But then you have absolute sweethearts like Rebel10Customs who also do incredible work and are really, really nice. Kinda no excuse.
Parintachin73
Super Poseable

Thu May 12, 2022 4:29 pm

OT customs is really p*ssin me off honestly. I’ve had a cape for my Mafex Mando on order for close to a year. I’ve emailed him/them 2x. First time I got no response at all. The second time I got a “form” email that said they were taking down everything in their shop to catch up on old orders. That was like 3 months ago. I’ve bought their stuff in the past and really liked but I’m near the end of my patience. Especially when I see dude posting new stuff on IG all the time.
TheSameIdiot
No...really...EXACTLY the same

Thu May 12, 2022 6:38 pm

I had a similar experience with CJesim. I think it took about 14 months to receive two capes from their shop. I never got frustrated because they had that reputation before I ordered, but I don't think I'd order from them again.
g3rman1a
Runs Around in Tights

Thu May 12, 2022 9:17 pm

Parintachin73 wrote:
Thu May 12, 2022 4:29 pm
OT customs is really p*ssin me off honestly. I’ve had a cape for my Mafex Mando on order for close to a year. I’ve emailed him/them 2x. First time I got no response at all. The second time I got a “form” email that said they were taking down everything in their shop to catch up on old orders. That was like 3 months ago. I’ve bought their stuff in the past and really liked but I’m near the end of my patience. Especially when I see dude posting new stuff on IG all the time.
I have an open order with them for a SHF Vader cape/tunic for about 6 months now. An update is alli ask for, even if they're very behind with orders.
ShootingtheGalaxy
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Mon May 16, 2022 3:03 am

This cape is awful

Yo.
IT'S CLOBBERIN TIME!

Tue May 17, 2022 2:37 pm

I've been slowing down & enjoying the figures I got earlier in the year because at times it feels overwhelming with random preorders.

One of which is the SHF Boba Fett, I love the colors & the articulation on his guy.

The Black Series Fennec looks more in scale & natural next to him than any other Boba figure because of Temuera Morrison & Ming-Na Wen shorter heights in comparison to Jeremy Bulloch.

Also, there's an "SH Figuarts Party" event in Japan from June 23 to July 24 where they'll reveal various new products & they did include Star Wars among them.

https://sp.tamashii.jp/store/event/
AgentLionel
Runs Around in Tights

Tue May 17, 2022 6:43 pm

I like your style. I have several figs put away because it's nice to focus on one new one at a time, and the right new one makes the old ones new again! (like Boba with Fennec) Great shots and I'm glad you're enjoying Boba. He's a really get set.
AddictBraids
Super Poseable

Sat May 28, 2022 3:19 am

Hopefully SHF announces a Obi Wan based on the new show soon. The only SHF Obi Wan I own is the episode 1 version. He's awesome, but I need a bearded, Jesus looking Obi Wan in SHF form. The ROTS Obi Wan SHF made years ago is hideous and looks absolutely nothing like Ewan McGregor, otherwise I would at least have that one too. But I can't allow myself to pay $200 dollars for a figure that looks nothing like the character the figures based on...
AgentLionel
Runs Around in Tights

Sat May 28, 2022 3:55 am

I have that figure, he's pretty awesome in hand. I think it's a good likeness, though the face is a little thin, maybe a touch of Jude Law in there. I would certainly disagree with hideous. I think of him as a cross between RoTS and Clone Wars Kenobi's, and he's a great shelf standard for that era.

All the celebration coverage makes me really wish Figuarts could sell in the US, or at least display their figures here. Seeing all these companies with IMHO inferior representations of the characters is sad. Like, they just released a killer Luke Skywalker-- crowds would buy him buy the dozen, but they have to stick with anime and samurai characters. Bummer.
Threash
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Sat May 28, 2022 9:50 pm

The phantom menace Obi Wan was pretty great..

Return to “Yavin 4: The Unofficial Star Wars Toy Board”