MAFEX Star Wars

MAY THE TOYS BE WITH YOU! - Star Wars Black series both 6 inch and 3 and 3/4, vintage, POTF2, whatever! If it's a toy related to Star Wars then come talk about it!
DaveB
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!
TheFwoosh.com rules: Yes

Re: MAFEX Star Wars

Sun Jul 31, 2022 4:42 pm

Shipping DHL with AmiAmi can be pricey, but I usually try to get two or three items in the order to get more value out of the shipping cost. Either way, still way cheaper and much faster than ordering from BBTS.
Rageasaurus
Avengers Assemble

Mon Aug 01, 2022 11:29 pm

Just got ROTJ Boba from HLJ - Sold my original years ago in favor of ESB but had to get this guy again with all the ROTJ figs from other lines last two years.

I’m not seeing any differences at all EXCEPT the plastic feels much better and in-line with recent figures and having the plastic holders for the hands.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Ru_1977
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Tue Aug 02, 2022 1:55 am

Well that's great then!
mrboshek
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Wed Aug 03, 2022 12:53 pm

Going back to shipping prices for a moment. I placed my first order with NinNin. An instock order for a similar sized Figma I just shipped from HLJ. Ninnin's shipping was approximately $12 less than HLJ. NinNin has their shipping option DHL/FedEx. Do they randomly pick which carrier to use? I put a note in the order to ship DHL, if possible.

I ordered a RotJ Boba from HLJ it's in the Private Warehouse until the next Marvel or DC Mafex arrives since I already have one.
Ekul Nikana
Faster than a speeding bullet

Thu Aug 04, 2022 4:41 am

NinNin will ship with DHL or Fed Ex Express depending on which is cheaper at the time to save the customer money.
Mannie_Bothans
IT'S CLOBBERIN TIME!

Fri Aug 05, 2022 6:24 pm

Does the ROTJ Fett come with no right hand on the peg in the box? Like mine is in the box with no splayed open right hand, but the trigger hand is in there in packed to the side. Did I just get a dud ?

EDIT / spoke too soon. Opened it up and it was underneath the body. Crisis averted.

As someone who missed out on the initial ROTJ Fett I gotta say... GODDAMN this figure is nice. :shock:
Grins
CROM!

Mon Aug 08, 2022 3:16 am

Two questions...
1) How does the SHF ROTJ Boba compare to the MAFEX ROTJ Boba?
2) Do we know when ESB Boba is coming?
Threash
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Mon Aug 08, 2022 2:07 pm

Grins wrote:
Two questions...
SHF looks too clean and pristine but was more fun to pose and play around with and felt better quality. I had both and kept the SHF.
Mannie_Bothans
IT'S CLOBBERIN TIME!

Mon Aug 08, 2022 3:14 pm

Grins wrote:
Two questions...
2) Do we know when ESB Boba is coming?
SHF poses better dynamically. Although it looks too clean and stylized. It's a good figure though. Mafex literally looks like a dude in a suit. Paint apps and wear look so good. It definitely doesn't pose as well as SHF, but the shelf presence is 11/10.

Mafex wins here IMO.
Reinanigans
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Mon Aug 08, 2022 3:19 pm

I agree with the previous statements. I got my Mafex last week, but I’m not in love. SHF is a more fun *action figure*, Mafex *looks* beautiful. I’d say it’s 50/50 which one you’ll like better. But Mafex looks very nice apart from the skinny legs and being a bit tall to blend in with a Black Series/SHF display. Just a little, though.
os189
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Mon Aug 08, 2022 3:25 pm

The skinny legs and ugly shoulder ball joint turned me off the MAFEX Boba Fett completely.

They've improved a lot since that figure was first released though, so I'm sure their "Rearmored" Boba Fett will be better.
AgentLionel
Runs Around in Tights

Mon Aug 08, 2022 4:47 pm

I have the MAFEX RoTJ Boba and the ESB on the way. Hobby Ghenki said they have mine ready to ship, but I haven't gotten tracking yet.

I had the Figuarts but opted to sell it for the MAFEX. I'd echo everything everyone said above - the Figuarts Boba is hand candy, sturdy, really fun to pose. It reminded me of my 90's PoTF Boba Fett but made into a modern figure. MAFEX feels a bit more fragile but might not be and the reissue is reported to be of better quality. I opted to keep the MAFEX for a few reasons which were important to me. Like most SW fans, I've been captivated by Boba Fett since I was a kid. His costume was so strange and cool. The way he stood reminded me of Clint Eastwood. He was lanky, lean and mean, and the way his bucket jutted out at the chin in profile seamed kinda reptilian or alien, or maybe wasp/insect like. MAFEX not only nailed the proportions, it seamed like they nailed the spirit of Boba Fett. It just has so much personality. The Figuarts, to me at least, felt a lot more generic or vanilla. In some ways it scales better, but at the same time the small bucket doesn't. And while the MAFEX isn't quite as toyetic, it is fun to pose and play with.

Ultimately though it's just personal preference and what you want from the figure. Both are better served with cloth wired cap replacement, which you can make at home easy enough. And I wish both had removable jet packs.
mrboshek
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Mon Aug 08, 2022 5:45 pm

Did anyone else hate SHF Boba's ankles? I also remember not being able to do much with the combination of gun size and gauntlets impeding range Maybe I'm misremembering or I didn't give it enough of a chance because I had it back in the box within a half hour. Eventually sold my unopened one.
EnigmaticClarity
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Mon Aug 08, 2022 8:03 pm

The RoTJ Boba arrived today from AmiAmi along with Doctor Strange. I've never had the SHF Boba, but this one is definitely awesome. Getting this guy as an early-in-the-line Mafex figure with its sparse set of accessories along with Strange who like most newer Mafex figures comes with a plethora of goodies was a bit jarring, but wow, he's definitely the best Boba I've had by leaps and bounds.

If they ever re-did him I'm guessing a new version would come with a soft goods cape, but Boba's cape is so small and off to the side to allow for his jetpack that it barely matters.
Benedict
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Mon Aug 08, 2022 9:56 pm

mrboshek wrote:
Mon Aug 08, 2022 5:45 pm
Did anyone else hate SHF Boba's ankles? I also remember not being able to do much with the combination of gun size and gauntlets impeding range Maybe I'm misremembering or I didn't give it enough of a chance because I had it back in the box within a half hour. Eventually sold my unopened one.
Yep, think I cut away material to get more range but it didn’t add much.

Yeah the stock of that rifle was so bizarrely big, couldn’t shoulder the weapon well.

Compared to the then outdated shoulders and limited elbows/knees of the Mafex the shf was more fun to pose.

That bad thing about shf troopers/Mandalorians are how the arms connect to the body. It’s a long ball joint just below the neck. It means they can’t reach across the chest well and they drop far more than they lift up. It’s counterintuitive anatomy wise. Drawer joints or the modern Mafex shoulder would work far better.

Return to “Yavin 4: The Unofficial Star Wars Toy Board”