MAFEX Star Wars

MAY THE TOYS BE WITH YOU! - Star Wars Black series both 6 inch and 3 and 3/4, vintage, POTF2, whatever! If it's a toy related to Star Wars then come talk about it!
Reefer Shark
IT'S CLOBBERIN TIME!
TheFwoosh.com rules: Yes

Re: MAFEX Star Wars

Fri Jul 30, 2021 7:00 am

hmm that pink blaster is odd indeed. Disappointing too honestly.. Im already having thoughts of giving one of my black series Din’s blaster to this guy when he shows up.

He looks cool in those pics, but not blowing me away like I thought he would. My expectations might be a bit high since the only mafex figure I currently own is the ESB Fett. Will reserve judgement until I have him in hand of course though, initial pics aren't usually the most representative!
Benedict
CROM!

Fri Jul 30, 2021 9:08 am

Interesting, looks like the top of the cape is wired over the shoulders, then below that unwired to let it drape naturally.

The sidearm could be an error like captain America’s spear. May have to contact the store to ask for a corrected piece from medicom.
Reinanigans
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Fri Jul 30, 2021 2:09 pm

Frownieman also snapped the knee clean off of Mando.

Yeah, this has Mafex QC shenanigans all over it.

To quote a great hero: "What a piece of junk!"
Rageasaurus
Runs Around in Tights

Fri Jul 30, 2021 2:24 pm

Geeze - giving me flashbacks of my first 3.0 Batman.

I went back and looked at the promo pics and the blaster was indeed pink..subtle so I don’t think any of us noticed. Unless they changed the promo pics recently .

It’s interesting that no company has really been able to solve the rifle strap situation. Even Hot Toys

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Freditor
IT'S CLOBBERIN TIME!

Fri Jul 30, 2021 3:26 pm

Man, definitely some disappointments... well, maybe just the blaster being pink.

Glad I checked this topic again, will be VERY careful once I get my Mando.
Benedict
CROM!

Fri Jul 30, 2021 4:35 pm

You gotta wonder what the hell they’re doing to the figures to test them out, seems heavy handed to snap it like that.
Aleks
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Fri Jul 30, 2021 6:15 pm

Benedict wrote:
You gotta wonder what the hell they’re doing to the figures to test them out, seems heavy handed to snap it like that.
Some people just have no idea how to handle the figures, some do their best just to break them. It's also pretty unwise to call figure a "piece of junk" simply because of one break. Yes, Mafex QC and all that, but I think it's worth waiting for other reviews before drawing any conclusions.
Freditor
IT'S CLOBBERIN TIME!

Fri Jul 30, 2021 6:38 pm

Aleks wrote:
Fri Jul 30, 2021 6:15 pm
Benedict wrote:
Some people just have no idea how to handle the figures, some do their best just to break them. It's also pretty unwise to call figure a "piece of junk" simply because of one break. Yes, Mafex QC and all that, but I think it's worth waiting for other reviews before drawing any conclusions.
I agree. I have about 8 Mafex figures and I never had a joint break on me. I would also never call a Mafex figure a piece of junk, they're usually fantastic figures.
Reinanigans
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Fri Jul 30, 2021 6:44 pm

The person taking these pictures is not only a figure collector, but a pretty talented customizer. I think they know how to handle a figure without breaking it under normal circumstances.

The breakage coupled with the paint (not just the gun, the helmet was badly painted as well) points at a case of serious Mafex-itis.
donovani
Super Poseable

Sat Jul 31, 2021 8:30 am

Isaac Wong in hand :

UPDATED:
Aleks
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Sat Jul 31, 2021 12:01 pm

Considering that Bandai probably won't release new Star Wars figures anytime soon (if at all, this line can be dead like many others) I hope Medicom will make new Luke figure from the end of the second season. Or Ahsoka at least.
Reefer Shark
IT'S CLOBBERIN TIME!

MAFEX Star Wars

Sat Jul 31, 2021 4:48 pm

Ok, much happier after seeing issacwong’s pics! The helmet is almost everything for me with Din, and they nailed it.

Lots of other things im liking better now as well, but I have to say.. I think Hasbro wins with the fabric sculpt, and the pink gun definitely is going to be replaced on mine. Mine should arrive next week!

Rageasaurus
Runs Around in Tights

Sat Jul 31, 2021 9:42 pm

They definitely nailed the proportions. I think I might like the Figuarts paint apps slightly better though.

Size and shape of the helmet look good but idk the “T” looks a little off. I’m still looking forward to having him in hand prob next week..I’m praying they continue the SW line if Figuarts is really done.

Sachiel
the phineas curmudgeon from a galaxy far far away

Sat Jul 31, 2021 10:59 pm

Rageasaurus wrote:
I’m praying they continue the SW line if Figuarts is really done.
It's not. https://tamashii.jp/special/figu-at-hom ... 10601.html

Rageasaurus
Runs Around in Tights

Sat Jul 31, 2021 11:45 pm

Sachiel wrote:
Rageasaurus wrote:
I’m praying they continue the SW line if Figuarts is really done.
It's not. https://tamashii.jp/special/figu-at-hom ... 10601.html

Yeah I remember them saying this so I have hope. Just like how this Mafex Star Wars line rose from the dead

Return to “Yavin 4: The Unofficial Star Wars Toy Board”