Star Wars The Vintage Collection

MAY THE TOYS BE WITH YOU! - Star Wars Black series both 6 inch and 3 and 3/4, vintage, POTF2, whatever! If it's a toy related to Star Wars then come talk about it!
NORM
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!
Contact:
TheFwoosh.com rules: Yes
Location: Garden State
Posts: 42691
Joined: Tue Nov 04, 2003 6:25 pm

Re: Star Wars The Vintage Collection

Mon Oct 03, 2022 9:32 pm

The two Axe Woves figures I got had bent cards. One wasn't so bad, but the other was the clear opener. This morning I found a case of Axe Woves, maybe 6-8 copies. At least one or two had decent cards, but they were at the back of the peg, and I was too lazy to remove the rest just to pluck it out of there, then plan the rigamarole of buying it, and returning my damaged card, so I just left it.
User avatar
Buttmunch
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!
Contact:
TheFwoosh.com rules: Yes
Location: Utah
Posts: 3844
Joined: Thu Aug 10, 2006 12:07 am

Re: Star Wars The Vintage Collection

Tue Oct 04, 2022 12:29 am

Joda wrote:
Mon Oct 03, 2022 2:19 pm
Okay, now I'm annoyed I just fell into this show. So B2EMO was a ShopDisney exclusive? I'm kind of pissed. :lol:
That’s not a TVC figure. Droid factory is a Disney parks line of droids. There is no Hasbro version yet.
User avatar
Joda
Avengers Assemble
TheFwoosh.com rules: Yes
Location: Washington
Posts: 527
Joined: Mon May 27, 2019 3:24 pm

Re: Star Wars The Vintage Collection

Tue Oct 04, 2022 12:46 am

Buttmunch wrote:
Tue Oct 04, 2022 12:29 am
Joda wrote:
Mon Oct 03, 2022 2:19 pm
Okay, now I'm annoyed I just fell into this show. So B2EMO was a ShopDisney exclusive? I'm kind of pissed. :lol:
That’s not a TVC figure. Droid factory is a Disney parks line of droids. There is no Hasbro version yet.
Oh phew. I'm a little relieved. Thank you! :lol:
PurpleLantern
Super Poseable
TheFwoosh.com rules: Yes
Posts: 113
Joined: Wed Jun 08, 2022 6:06 pm

Re: Star Wars The Vintage Collection

Tue Oct 04, 2022 1:27 am

I'm thinking I only want to buy TVC if it has the new "dumbbell hips."
User avatar
sepster
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!
Contact:
TheFwoosh.com rules: Yes
Location: Just north of 'the D'
Posts: 7890
Joined: Fri Dec 16, 2005 12:31 am

Re: Star Wars The Vintage Collection

Tue Oct 04, 2022 2:17 pm

Pulse charged me for the Gaming Greats: Jedi Survivor 3-Pack.
NORM
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!
Contact:
TheFwoosh.com rules: Yes
Location: Garden State
Posts: 42691
Joined: Tue Nov 04, 2003 6:25 pm

Re: Star Wars The Vintage Collection

Tue Oct 04, 2022 4:11 pm

Buttmunch wrote:
Tue Oct 04, 2022 12:29 am
Joda wrote:
Mon Oct 03, 2022 2:19 pm
Okay, now I'm annoyed I just fell into this show. So B2EMO was a ShopDisney exclusive? I'm kind of pissed. :lol:
That’s not a TVC figure. Droid factory is a Disney parks line of droids. There is no Hasbro version yet.
Isn't Hasbro the manufacturer of Droid Factory?
User avatar
Reefer Shark
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!
TheFwoosh.com rules: Yes
Posts: 1831
Joined: Sun Sep 08, 2019 8:03 pm

Re: Star Wars The Vintage Collection

Tue Oct 04, 2022 5:18 pm

That's a good question! I dont see Hasbro on the packaging, but they most definitely feel like Hasbro 3 3/4" figures to me. I'm assuming these are some kind of special deal with Disney Parks and Hasbro to keep the branding at Disney, because I really feel like there's no way another manufacturer can make figures that feel this close to Hasbro figures in style, materials, etc..

Honestly, it just blends right in to one collection in my eyes.
User avatar
sepster
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!
Contact:
TheFwoosh.com rules: Yes
Location: Just north of 'the D'
Posts: 7890
Joined: Fri Dec 16, 2005 12:31 am

Re: Star Wars The Vintage Collection

Tue Oct 04, 2022 5:45 pm

Reefer Shark wrote:
Tue Oct 04, 2022 5:18 pm
Honestly, it just blends right in to one collection in my eyes.

Same here. If Hasbro isn't physically producing these for Disney Parks, they've definitely lent them molds (or give Disney access to them) because the Disney Astromechs use the Hasbro BAD pieces.
User avatar
sepster
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!
Contact:
TheFwoosh.com rules: Yes
Location: Just north of 'the D'
Posts: 7890
Joined: Fri Dec 16, 2005 12:31 am

Re: Star Wars The Vintage Collection

Tue Oct 04, 2022 5:45 pm

Also, Target shipped my Morak Fett.
User avatar
MisterPL
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!
Posts: 1307
Joined: Wed Feb 27, 2008 3:42 am

Re: Star Wars The Vintage Collection

Tue Oct 04, 2022 5:47 pm

Walmart mistakenly sent me two Bespin Guards with porn 'staches but only charged me for one. Now I have to go down to Walmart and either return it or pay for it.

The rest of the order was fine except for a couple crushed blisters and a delayed R2-D2 that's due to arrive any moment now...
User avatar
Joda
Avengers Assemble
TheFwoosh.com rules: Yes
Location: Washington
Posts: 527
Joined: Mon May 27, 2019 3:24 pm

Re: Star Wars The Vintage Collection

Tue Oct 04, 2022 6:26 pm

Reefer Shark wrote:
Tue Oct 04, 2022 5:18 pm
That's a good question! I dont see Hasbro on the packaging, but they most definitely feel like Hasbro 3 3/4" figures to me. I'm assuming these are sopme kind of special deal with Disney Parks and Hasbro to keep the branding at Disney, becuase I really feel like there's no way another manufacturer can make figures that feel like close to Hasbro figures in style, matierials, etc..

Honestly, it just blends right in to one collection in my eyes.
That's good, because I just bought 2 on eBay. :lol:
User avatar
Reefer Shark
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!
TheFwoosh.com rules: Yes
Posts: 1831
Joined: Sun Sep 08, 2019 8:03 pm

Re: Star Wars The Vintage Collection

Tue Oct 04, 2022 7:29 pm

Joda wrote:
Tue Oct 04, 2022 6:26 pm
Reefer Shark wrote:
Tue Oct 04, 2022 5:18 pm
That's a good question! I dont see Hasbro on the packaging, but they most definitely feel like Hasbro 3 3/4" figures to me. I'm assuming these are sopme kind of special deal with Disney Parks and Hasbro to keep the branding at Disney, becuase I really feel like there's no way another manufacturer can make figures that feel like close to Hasbro figures in style, matierials, etc..

Honestly, it just blends right in to one collection in my eyes.
That's good, because I just bought 2 on eBay. :lol:
lol nice, I did the exact same from disneyshop. It's a cool little figure!
Benedict
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!
TheFwoosh.com rules: Yes
Posts: 1422
Joined: Fri Nov 23, 2018 4:49 am

Re: Star Wars The Vintage Collection

Wed Oct 05, 2022 4:36 am

sepster wrote:
Tue Oct 04, 2022 5:45 pm
Reefer Shark wrote:
Tue Oct 04, 2022 5:18 pm
Honestly, it just blends right in to one collection in my eyes.

Same here. If Hasbro isn't physically producing these for Disney Parks, they've definitely lent them molds (or give Disney access to them) because the Disney Astromechs use the Hasbro BAD pieces.
I assumed they manufactured them for Disney. Some of them absolutely use build-a-droid parts from the Legacy Collection onwards.
User avatar
PresidentJuggernaut
Avengers Assemble
TheFwoosh.com rules: Yes
Location: Boston
Posts: 408
Joined: Wed Jul 27, 2016 6:49 pm

Re: Star Wars The Vintage Collection

Wed Oct 05, 2022 10:17 pm

Benedict wrote:
Wed Oct 05, 2022 4:36 am
sepster wrote:
Tue Oct 04, 2022 5:45 pm
Reefer Shark wrote:
Tue Oct 04, 2022 5:18 pm
Honestly, it just blends right in to one collection in my eyes.

Same here. If Hasbro isn't physically producing these for Disney Parks, they've definitely lent them molds (or give Disney access to them) because the Disney Astromechs use the Hasbro BAD pieces.
I assumed they manufactured them for Disney. Some of them absolutely use build-a-droid parts from the Legacy Collection onwards.
Is it known, does Hasbro actually completely own its own dedicated factories, or are there several OEMs making their toys to spec? Even if they do, I wouldn't be surprised if Hasbro's manufacturing facilities also produced whitelabel toys, including Droid Factory and some of the other toys available at Disney stores and parks.

I saw a pile of fresh Morak Boba Fett figures at Target last night, but didn't bite yet. Maybe it was the pegs next to him of Koska Reeves and disguised Mayfeld TVC figures marked down to $6 or $4, but the $20.99 price is just ridiculous. I honestly wonder whether there is a mistake, like what happened with the Micro Galaxy Squadron toys, which were initially priced in Target stores at several dollars above MSRP before it was corrected. There was the similar Book of Boba Fett figure that was "deluxe" and came in a box package for $20+ (not that it was actually deluxe, it just included two stormtrooper helmets no one really wanted). Maybe a SKU was messed up somewhere along the line, the Morak figure is very much a standard release.
User avatar
Reefer Shark
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!
TheFwoosh.com rules: Yes
Posts: 1831
Joined: Sun Sep 08, 2019 8:03 pm

Re: Star Wars The Vintage Collection

Wed Oct 05, 2022 11:16 pm

It's the Boba tax, and it's complete BS!

And Im a sucker because I bought two of both figures. lol

Return to “Yavin 4: The Unofficial Star Wars Toy Board”