Star Wars Black 6 inch General Discussion

MAY THE TOYS BE WITH YOU! - Star Wars Black series both 6 inch and 3 and 3/4, vintage, POTF2, whatever! If it's a toy related to Star Wars then come talk about it!
EnigmaticClarity
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!
TheFwoosh.com rules: Yes

Re: Star Wars Black 6 inch General Discussion

Fri Sep 23, 2022 3:57 pm

Yo. wrote:
Fri Sep 23, 2022 3:51 pm
EnigmaticClarity wrote:
Fri Sep 23, 2022 1:18 pm

Usually licensing involves paying one person, but in the case of modern sports figures it's money to the sport, the team, the player, and all of the brands depicted on the player--so Nike since they do all of the uniforms and then whatever other company the player's signature shoe deal is with. Hasbro went the full mile here by showing Steph in his shoes, LeBron in his shoes, etc.

Doesn't mean I agree with the $50 price point, but I get that those figures were going to be more than the others if they were going to go all the way with the licensing. $20 more is insane though. Face likenesses aren't fully there either. I really like Mafex's Jordan face, but these Starting Lineup faces are clearly not up to that par.

Excellent breakdown.

The worst face is Steph. It half looks like him, but if I didn't know it was him the face wouldn't have let me know it was him.

Their other problem is scaling. Hasbro has proven time and again they don't scale figures correctly, and that's going to matter WAY more with basketball players than any other type of figure. In the promo images Ja Morant looks like he's 6' 7" or so, but he should be the same height as Steph. Is that just inaccurate promo images, or is that Hasbro doing what Hasbro usually does and messing up the scale? Will the 7-foot Embiid truly tower over my other 6-inch scale figures? Who knows. That alone is reason enough for me to stay away from the figures until reviewers get them in hand and verify the scaling.
Mannie_Bothans
IT'S CLOBBERIN TIME!

Fri Sep 23, 2022 8:29 pm

If they scale with Black Series / ML then the price isn't that bad. Trying to get custom shoes for 1/12 figures alone would run you $50+. I can see customizers going absolutely wild with this new line. Maybe some custom Jedis will be had.
yojoebro82
Not Even Supposed To Be Here Today

Sat Sep 24, 2022 12:51 am

Mannie_Bothans wrote:
Fri Sep 23, 2022 8:29 pm
If they scale with Black Series / ML then the price isn't that bad. Trying to get custom shoes for 1/12 figures alone would run you $50+. I can see customizers going absolutely wild with this new line. Maybe some custom Jedis will be had.
$50 for custom fodder! Woo HOO!

Will Hasbro start a trade-in program where you can exchange these figures for credit towards a new version when they're all traded to new teams in 2 years?
NORM
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Sat Sep 24, 2022 10:39 am

I haven’t skimmed through the last couple pages, how long has this been a Starting Lineup tangent?

I spotted two full cases of the Kenobi wave at Walmart yesterday. Might be the most stocked wave I’ve seen in a year or two.

I haven’t started watching Andor, so I have zero excitement at the moment for the bland figures relating to it. I feel like it could be the most interesting show so far, but the least colorful in terms of character variety. I don’t foresee it being a fun show.
yojoebro82
Not Even Supposed To Be Here Today

Sat Sep 24, 2022 1:17 pm

NORM wrote:
Sat Sep 24, 2022 10:39 am
I haven’t skimmed through the last couple pages, how long has this been a Starting Lineup tangent?

I spotted two full cases of the Kenobi wave at Walmart yesterday. Might be the most stocked wave I’ve seen in a year or two.

I haven’t started watching Andor, so I have zero excitement at the moment for the bland figures relating to it. I feel like it could be the most interesting show so far, but the least colorful in terms of character variety. I don’t foresee it being a fun show.
Sorry, that was all me.

I haven't watched Boba Fett or Obi Wan yet. If anything Andor probably has me the most interested out of those three. I read that there were very few Easter eggs so far in the first three episodes. That's actually a plus for me. I want this franchise to stop leaning on stuff that came before.
Mannie_Bothans
IT'S CLOBBERIN TIME!

Sat Sep 24, 2022 2:54 pm

After the first 3 episodes of Andor I am surprised Hasbro is locking B2Emo in a convention exclusive set. I mean I guess I shouldn't be surprised because they did the same thing with Todo 360, but B2 feels like he's going to be important.

Plus
► Show Spoiler
We need that droid! He must be protected at all costs.
Yo.
IT'S CLOBBERIN TIME!

Sat Sep 24, 2022 6:05 pm

I want these. :p

christianpyro
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Sat Sep 24, 2022 9:24 pm

I have really liked the first three episodes of Andor. It’s a good change of pace for Star Wars and feels really polished. But I don’t see myself wanting to buy any figures from it so far. It’s certainly not as toyetic. I wonder if the lack of good merchandising opportunities will hurt it in the long run.
Rishi_Eel
Customized

Sat Sep 24, 2022 9:58 pm

Yeah, Andor was really good but lacking in cool character designs. Cassian himself obviously, and I love the look of Syril Karn and the other Corpos. I’ll happily take Bix and Luthen, but their designs are woefully generic at the moment.

I assume we’ll get a solid Mon Mothma out of this, Saw looks to be near identical to the RO look, and the most interesting Imperial designs are already in the exclusives. Maybe a P2 clone from flashbacks? But I’d rather see that in the ROTS line honestly. Otherwise not much exciting stuff from the trailers, although with 9 episodes to go surely there’s tons of stuff we haven’t seen yet.
Prophet924
Thwipp!

Sun Sep 25, 2022 12:03 am

Yeah. I had zero desire for B2emo when the exclusive Andor pack was shown. I was also disrespecting him as camouflage as a packing crate. Then the show happened.

Now I’m sure the Hasbro offering doesn’t have the articulation I would want. His head emotes almost as good as WALL·E. This character is like Piglet droid to me. So loyal, nervous, seems unsure. He even has a stutter to show how it is trying to interject and get his point across but seems just a little less confident.

B is beautiful.

Two awesome B droids: B2 and Ned-B. I love it!

Thwipp!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
ODBJBG
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Mon Sep 26, 2022 6:20 pm

Saw the new "Gingerbread" trooper and all I can say is.... "HIIIIIDEY HO!"
Prophet924
Thwipp!

Star Wars Black 6 inch General Discussion

Mon Sep 26, 2022 6:48 pm

I like the crazy troopers and I am happy the full reveal has happened. Did I see 11/1 preorder or just order and they ship?

Gonna have to pick and choose since they are $28 each. Yakface has the info!

Thwipp!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
zodach
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Mon Sep 26, 2022 9:01 pm

So if these came out last year like they were supposed to they probably would have been cheaper. Are we paying Hasbro a premium for a year of storage fees they incurred for mismanagement of distribution or is this just the company wide mandate to jack prices up across the board? Either way I don't care because I'm passing on them all.
Bashbash99
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Tue Sep 27, 2022 1:09 am

When oh when are they going to make Xmas Dengar ?!?
Grins
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Tue Sep 27, 2022 3:05 am

Bashbash99 wrote:
Tue Sep 27, 2022 1:09 am
When oh when are they going to make Xmas Dengar ?!?
Certainly not before Hanukkah Bossk!

Return to “Yavin 4: The Unofficial Star Wars Toy Board”