Star Wars Black 6 inch General Discussion

MAY THE TOYS BE WITH YOU! - Star Wars Black series both 6 inch and 3 and 3/4, vintage, POTF2, whatever! If it's a toy related to Star Wars then come talk about it!
Super Camel
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!
TheFwoosh.com rules: Yes

Re: Star Wars Black 6 inch General Discussion

Sun Aug 14, 2022 12:46 am

Akatsuki wrote:
Sat Aug 13, 2022 6:23 pm
Got Saw, and he’s fantastic. Really nicely detailed with all those tubes, straps, and armor bits. He feels like a deluxe figure to me. Great likeness, too.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Agreed. Great figure, and with all that's going on with his attire/gear, and all the paint apps, Saw feels like a Deluxe offering. Whereas Cobb and Boba Fett recently not only didn't feel Deluxe, but they also just weren't. They could have offered those in the regular $22.99-$24.99 price point.

I still like the Cobb and Boba Fett figures though. It's just Hasbro kind of ripped us off there. I probably shouldn't have bought them. I'd like just a non-Fett armor Cobb Vanth, and for Boba Fett all I really need are my original trilogy Fett figures. But....... I'm a sucker. So, not entirely Hasbro's fault lol.
Trunks3540
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Sun Aug 14, 2022 2:19 am

Don't feel bad. We're all suckers here lol. Keep buying the overpriced Boba Fetts cause Hasbro knows we will. Bullocks I say.

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

KvHulk
Customized

Sun Aug 14, 2022 3:14 pm

Cobb Vanth @ GameStop for $25.19 right now.
Scratch that. Says unavailable now.

https://www.gamestop.com/collectibles/f ... 10964.html
Boggsy1982
Runs Around in Tights

Mon Aug 15, 2022 2:21 pm

mr Articulate wrote:
Sat Aug 13, 2022 6:38 pm
My Nalan Cheel has shipped !
As did mine. I found Figrin D'an at Target last night and picked him up. The hands are done differently as they're straight up ball joints with a decent amount of range. I think I prefer it over the hinge type hands....but I'd have to see it on more releases to know if that's true.
Super Camel
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Mon Aug 15, 2022 9:04 pm

Looks like the next Wave will ship soon from Pulse, as I got some heads-up e-mails saying they would be arriving and getting charged soon. The next Wave being the one with Kenobi (Wandering Jedi), Reva, Fifth Brother, Vader (from Obi Wan Kenobi show), etc.
hunnipot85
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Mon Aug 15, 2022 10:19 pm

is that the one with Aayla too? Been waiting for her.
Super Camel
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Mon Aug 15, 2022 11:41 pm

hunnipot85 wrote:
Mon Aug 15, 2022 10:19 pm
is that the one with Aayla too? Been waiting for her.
Unfortunately, no. I really want her too. But she is in the Wave after this one being released now. The set with Aayla also consists of Grand Inquisitor, Darth Maul (from final episodes of Clone Wars), Grogu, Greef Karga, Axe Woves, and Miggs Mayfield.

So, we will probably still have to wait a couple months for that wave.
The Ghost
CROM!

Tue Aug 16, 2022 2:41 am

I'd have to disagree with those saying Saw feels deluxe. I dunno, he's cool and all, but doesn't feel like he warrants the higher price point. But I get it, they're gonna fudge it. Wonder if future Chewbaccas will be made to be deluxe.

Picked up 3 Figrin D'ans the other day. Not sure if I'll ever get the exclusive, I'm outside the US so extortionist pricing is my only option. I'm kinda happy with just the 3... feels like 6 or 7 would be overkill anyway.
Reinanigans
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Tue Aug 16, 2022 3:17 am

The amount of detail and lack of many reuse options means Saw does feel like if he weren’t sold at a premium, he’d never be made at all. Sucks that it is this way, but it’s not surprising to me in the least. And he feels far more like a deluxe than any Boba Fett save maybe the RotJ one.
Prophet924
Thwipp!

Tue Aug 16, 2022 4:08 am

Nalan Cheel is like a wonderfully glorious action figure puzzle that will take hours and hours of fiddling to fully explore. I don’t have any Figrin D’an action figures yet but holy cow! I mean holy cow! Nalan has eight hands. I do get nervous popping them on and off. It’s definitely import in its offering. They all have their various uses as they fit the accessories in a particular manner. His hands which hold the baton/drum sticks have the pinky finger slightly raised as holding a piece of equipment like that would. It also shows a little pinanche as a musician would demonstrate.

These Bith action figures are freaking awesome! I have to get some D’an’s now. Two are coming from Pulse sometime.

Figures of the year type of stuff here! Figures of 2022. Best in the Black Series! Sure not toting a blaster or a laser sword…But dude! This is freaking Star Wars! I can’t not hear the music as I’m messing around with this. Figures of the year!

Thwipp!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Benedict
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Tue Aug 16, 2022 4:40 am

And they have a boot swivel.
Aleks
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Tue Aug 16, 2022 5:09 am

Lol

Also. Not Surprised at all, but the restock of Captain Rex is being cancelled through many distributors as well. They delayed this almost 18 months just to cancel it :lol: Same with Hunter, Crosshair, Asajj Ventress, etc. Welp, now Idk how people who still need this figures will finish their Bad Batch set. Someone at Hasbro SW Team can't do anything right it seems.

But hey, don't worry, at least they reissue that very rare Skiff Guard Lando! Again...and again.
Trunks3540
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Tue Aug 16, 2022 6:45 am

Rex seems perfect for an archive wave. I'm just hoping that's why he got cancelled. But the rest, is just, baffling. I think that's the word I wanna use. It seems to fit. Not having just blank white Clone Troopers and regular Stormtroopers in constant production and being readily available is just leaving money on the table honestly. There are a ton of decisions the SW team makes that are just mind boggling.

Aleks
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Tue Aug 16, 2022 9:10 am

Trunks3540 wrote:
Rex seems perfect for an archive wave. I'm just hoping that's why he got cancelled. But the rest, is just, baffling. I think that's the word I wanna use. It seems to fit. Not having just blank white Clone Troopers and regular Stormtroopers in constant production and being readily available is just leaving money on the table honestly. There are a ton of decisions the SW team makes that are just mind boggling.

It's like they have some kind of clown on their team who is purposely trying to sabotage this line. I seriously don't know what to think about this anymore. Some (well, most) decisions the SW team makes just doesn't make any sence. The most annoying thing is that people who have contacts with this team and ask questions don't try to influence it in any way, put more pressure.

As for Rex, yeah, he is perfect for an archive wave, same for Count Dooku and Clone Wars Ahsoka. But at this point, I expect SW team to repack another Lando, Farmboy Luke or Last Jedi Rey.
EnigmaticClarity
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Tue Aug 16, 2022 1:08 pm

Trunks3540 wrote:
Rex seems perfect for an archive wave. I'm just hoping that's why he got cancelled.

Are we sure Rex is cancelled? BBTS, EE, and Dorkside all still have open pre-orders for that release.

Return to “Yavin 4: The Unofficial Star Wars Toy Board”