Star Wars Micro Galaxy Squadron

MAY THE TOYS BE WITH YOU! - Star Wars Black series both 6 inch and 3 and 3/4, vintage, POTF2, whatever! If it's a toy related to Star Wars then come talk about it!
Threash
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!
TheFwoosh.com rules: Yes

Re: Star Wars Micro Galaxy Squadron

Sat Aug 06, 2022 8:36 pm

Ash Talon wrote:
Sat Aug 06, 2022 1:37 am
No. Target's pricing on the light vehicles is wrong. Jazwares is working with Target to correct it.
Amazon is charging the same as Target, Walmart is the only place I've seen them cheaper.
psoul95
Runs Around in Tights

Wed Aug 10, 2022 9:56 pm

Is Boba’s ship a Walmart exclusive?
SalemCrow
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Wed Aug 10, 2022 10:11 pm

Found some of these at a local Target today. 3 regular Tie Fighters, and AT-ST and the sail ship.

I grabbed the AT-ST to test the waters since I had also grabbed Owl Man from the same store.

These are fun little vehicles, and I'll likely grab the Tie fighters, Falcon, Razor Crest, Slave-1 and X-Wing.
chewblacca
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Sat Aug 13, 2022 1:09 pm

I’m waiting on Walmart to get some slave 1’s. It’s always sold out in line and no stores in my area have them yet.
mrboshek
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Sun Aug 14, 2022 4:30 pm

chewblacca wrote:
Sat Aug 13, 2022 1:09 pm
I’m waiting on Walmart to get some slave 1’s. It’s always sold out in line and no stores in my area have them yet.
Waterbury Walmart had two Slave-1 today. Along with an X-Wing and two Darth Ties. Target had a Kenobi Starfighter.
Nik
IT'S CLOBBERIN TIME!

Mon Aug 15, 2022 5:42 pm

Went to Target and they had a new tag on the pegs for these that said "was 16.99 now 12.99". Needless to say, I was pumped!

Until they scanned at 16.99 still.

Just about ready to just give up on this line. There comes a point when I must ask myself with every line I collect or am considering collecting, is it worth the hassle? My experience trying to try this line is making me lean towards no.
johngomez
Runs Around in Tights

Mon Aug 15, 2022 6:20 pm

psoul95 wrote:
Wed Aug 10, 2022 9:56 pm
Is Boba’s ship a Walmart exclusive?
I read on the MicroGalaxySquadron IG feed a comment that this was a "first to market" exclusive, meaning that Boba's ship is exclusive first to WM before going to all stores later. Didn't see a followup after that (nor can I find the original comment now) but maybe there's hope? Walmart's by me seem to have done their resets but GI Joe Classified and Star Wars BS / VC / MG sections remain wastelands.
PresidentJuggernaut
Runs Around in Tights

Tue Aug 16, 2022 4:28 am

I have now seen the Moff Gideon variant of the TIE 3 times on store shelves, but the Jedi Luke variant set remains elusive. Still priced at $16.99 at Targets, who are unfortunately more consistent in stocking them than the Walmarts around here who have them for $4 less.
MickJohnson
Runs Around in Tights

Tue Aug 16, 2022 5:01 am

Nik wrote:
Went to Target and they had a new tag on the pegs for these that said "was 16.99 now 12.99". Needless to say, I was pumped!

Why don't you take it to a staff member and get them to rectify their error? The person at head office who is supposed to program it into the POS system was probably off sick that day.
Nik
IT'S CLOBBERIN TIME!

Tue Aug 16, 2022 5:13 am

My local WM finally did the reset, and they had the light armor class ships for 13.97. Close enough to 12.99 for me to try out a TIE, since they didn't have any AT-ST. I also grabbed 2 of the blind speeder boxes, which at 6.99 each are WAY overpriced, especially after opening them and seeing how tiny they are. Getting Ahsoka and Darth Maul was a bummer, as my top wants are Mando or the Scout Trooper and prequel characters are almost always at the bottom of my wants lists.

The TIE is neat, not bad for the price and I was whooshing it around the room as soon as the pilot was in place, so I can't deny how toyetic it is. I'm gonna hafta try the AT-ST and maybe a bigger class ship as well to really decide, but so far I don't think I'm gonna go whole, or even half hog on this line. I recently found some of my old Action Fleet ships, and they still kick ass.

Love the tiny figures though, absolutely the highlight of the line for me so far.
Nik
IT'S CLOBBERIN TIME!

Tue Aug 16, 2022 5:20 am

MickJohnson wrote:
Tue Aug 16, 2022 5:01 am
Nik wrote:

Why don't you take it to a staff member and get them to rectify their error? The person at head office who is supposed to program it into the POS system was probably off sick that day.
Great suggestion, but generally speaking I don't bug retail workers for anything unless it's essential. They've got enough going on without me bugging them over something as non-essential as a toy. In addition, I ain't got time for any of that as I can only carve a few minutes out of my day for toy hunting in the first place.
Longbowhunter
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Tue Aug 16, 2022 7:50 pm

Has anybody seen or heard anything about 3rd party stands for these? Thats a goldmine waiting to be exploited for anyone who can make some.
johngomez
Runs Around in Tights

Tue Aug 16, 2022 9:48 pm

Been watching the reviews online for these ships, and glad I held off on a few of them after the initial rush of FOMO -the only ship I have is the 1st Razor Crest, and I'm still making little discoveries about it every day that aren't noted on the box --

Saw some comparison pics with the Arvala-7 version and found out the port-side engine cowling is removable.

Figured out where Din's jetpack is stored:

Grogu's pram stand can do double duty with the carbon-freeze bounty (doesn't plug in but balances nicely):

And you can get Din to lock into place in the cockpit seat, there is a small gap in the footwell where, if you angle his legs about 45º, they'll snug in there nicely and he won't rattle around in the ship.

The Outlander TIE is highest on my list to find next.
SalemCrow
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Fri Aug 19, 2022 1:37 am

Nabbed an X-Wing at Target yesterday, and ordered the Falcon & Razor Crest off Amazon after I opened the 'wing. I spotted Vader's Tie twice, but I'll wait on that and the regular Tie for a few weeks.
MickJohnson
Runs Around in Tights

Fri Aug 19, 2022 11:33 pm

EB in Australia has them up for pre order now, with release expected in late September.

Their prices are line-ball with Amazon who will ship them from overseas for free right now if you’re a Prime member.

Heh.

Return to “Yavin 4: The Unofficial Star Wars Toy Board”