Star Wars The Vintage Collection

MAY THE TOYS BE WITH YOU! - Star Wars Black series both 6 inch and 3 and 3/4, vintage, POTF2, whatever! If it's a toy related to Star Wars then come talk about it!
Benedict
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!
TheFwoosh.com rules: Yes

Re: Star Wars The Vintage Collection

Mon Aug 01, 2022 9:10 pm

Not sure why they include such a big cape, Vader’s rarely doing batman style gliding. I just removed it, I prefer his look without it.
This Vader, DW Mando and (Tatooine) Boba have the most functional articulation of the whole line I think. Doing the knees this way round was such an improvement (and getting away from the hips that join up into the body).
Nik
IT'S CLOBBERIN TIME!

Mon Aug 01, 2022 10:53 pm

Just got Koska from my local Target, and goddamn is she tiny. Very cool, but very small in comparison to most other TVC figures.
MisterPL
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Tue Aug 02, 2022 4:02 pm

I'm pretty sure Koska and Bo-Katan share the same body. They are pretty petite compared to other figures. Since the actresses are 5' 5" and 5' 6" respectively, I'm okay with it.
Reefer Shark
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Tue Aug 02, 2022 4:44 pm

They are extra small, same w/Fennec Shand too. I had them next to some older figures and it made them look like children lol.

They are super awesome figures though. Happy to have these shorties in my collection!
Nik
IT'S CLOBBERIN TIME!

Tue Aug 02, 2022 7:02 pm

I feel the same way, just happy to have these beautifully sculpted and painted characters in my collection. It looks like they will be using the Death Watch Mandalorian for Axe Woves, which should work as Koska comes up to about the bottom of his helmet and Simon Kassianides is 5'11". He's always gonna be behind Bo Katan and Koska in my display anyways, so no big deal.
crosshair
IT'S CLOBBERIN TIME!

Tue Aug 02, 2022 8:48 pm

Finally found the Wandering Jedi Obi-Wan in store, that is some really high quality soft goods work at such a small scale.
mrboshek
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Tue Aug 02, 2022 9:40 pm

Target gave me an option to ship a Koska after they canceled my store pick up on Sunday. That one has a shipping label created, but the preorder I placed within minutes of it going up is in back order for the second time. Technically, I cut in front of myself in line.
captaincracker
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Tue Aug 02, 2022 11:40 pm

I got my two Migs figures today from Target. The figure is great and I think the cardstock is better quality, like the carbonized figures. It's just a shame that they put a big sticker on each card.
supermonkey
teh awsum

Mon Aug 08, 2022 4:45 pm

Have received a ton of figs from Target and BBTS over the last two weeks, and after looking over all of them I am one happy Star Wars nerd. This line continues to deliver.

I had one or two from each retailer that had some card warps or bends. Not ideal, but I didn't order "collector grade" from BBTS either, so....

I'm happy they got the Obi-Wan stuff out to retail so close to the entertainment. Seems like that's kind of a "back on schedule" thing after the last few years' unpleasantness.
JPC
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Mon Aug 08, 2022 5:34 pm

While that would be nice, I think this was more a case of who the creative teams were and them only holding back one character as a secret as opposed to everything. Leia is still a year away, apparently.
Falling Downer
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Wed Aug 10, 2022 6:02 am

Was happy to find a whole peg full of Koska Reeves at Target this afternoon. Especially since Target inexplicably canceled my pre-order months ago.

Always nice to find a figure at retail that you were convinced you'd eventually have to pay secondary market prices for.
Trunks3540
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Thu Aug 11, 2022 10:18 pm

Hopefully Axe is that way too when he hits.

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

MisterPL
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Mon Aug 15, 2022 12:24 am

GameStop is about to cancel my order because the card I used to place it in February expired in May. Of course I realized this and updated it on their sire but they're insisting on using the original card.

A rep told me via chat that I'd need to call the toll-free number to get it straightened out. I've been trying for three days to get someone to answer the phone. So far no luck.

Lesson learned; never use a card that's going to expire within 18 months.
Prophet924
Thwipp!

Star Wars The Vintage Collection

Tue Aug 16, 2022 12:14 pm

Anyone else order the Shop Disney droid factory trick or treating droids? I think they are going to look fantastic with those new Halloween Black Series figures. I bet those figures end up being Shop Disney exclusives too.

Thwipp!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
AdrienVeidt
A Smaller Man of a Smaller Scale

Wed Aug 17, 2022 1:50 pm

I boil-pop-swapped Bo-Katan's abdomen+thighs assembly into the Armorer to improve her functionality. I had to trim the Armorer's knee pegs down a decent bit for them to fit Bo's thighs but the chest plug is solid. I'll give her pants a blackwash to minimize the mild color-mismatch between the grays, and slap some bronze on the kneepads to tie it all together; but it's not bad as is:

Return to “Yavin 4: The Unofficial Star Wars Toy Board”