Star Wars Black 6 inch General Discussion

MAY THE TOYS BE WITH YOU! - Star Wars Black series both 6 inch and 3 and 3/4, vintage, POTF2, whatever! If it's a toy related to Star Wars then come talk about it!
Prophet924
Thwipp!
TheFwoosh.com rules: Yes

Re: Star Wars Black 6 inch General Discussion

Tue Oct 26, 2021 2:37 pm

Crude just realized Ahsoka is TVC. Eventually…

Thwipp!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Rishi_Eel
Super Poseable

Tue Oct 26, 2021 3:57 pm

Client looks fantastic! Can't wait to get him, and super excited to finally get a camtono. I'll need to see loose shots, but from what I can tell the likeness is very good. That Ahsoka and Death Watch look great, I hope Black Series versions aren't far behind. I'm pretty sure Yakface has confirmed both of them, so I bet we'll see thee revealed at one of these Tuesday events.
joshsquash729
CROM!

Tue Oct 26, 2021 4:16 pm

"I would like to have the figure."

- said in the Client voice, of course. Client looks great! I can't wait to be insufferable and use his voice all the time (not that I ever stopped). Wonder why they didn't show him off during Pulse Con, or even allude to the 1027 event until after the show. I don't understand how Hasbro works sometimes, but hey, I'll be there!

Shame that Ahsoka is TVC, but they have the sculpt, she's on their radar. I know she'll come to Black Series probably sooner rather than later.
Ru_1977
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Tue Oct 26, 2021 4:59 pm

I'm almost positive they said that Mando is coming (and I assume Axe Woves sometime after since they're almost the exact same body), and Ahsoka I'm sure will come eventually. If nothing else she has a show in the works.
Odowan
CROM!

Tue Oct 26, 2021 5:13 pm

september_death wrote:
Sun Oct 24, 2021 2:02 am
MickJohnson wrote:It’s definitely the licensing.

In Lego collecting circles we have what’s called the Star Wars Tax, which is easily calculable based on price-per-part. Star Wars sets usually come out 10% more expensive than non-licensed sets.
But if you take that to Hasbro, Cobb should be at the $26.50 deluxe price.

Hasbro definitely feels like they’re using the two different tiers of deluxe pricing without any specific rationale. Which makes fans feel like they’re being taken advantage of.

Even more so when you look at the competition. McFarlane just put out an entire massive playset, and a vehicle, each for the same price that Hasbro is charging for Cobb Vanth. That kind of thing really makes you feel like you're not getting a value from Hasbro at all.
XMenLegacy
Avengers Assemble

Tue Oct 26, 2021 5:40 pm

Yakface just confirmed Aayla Secura, Ki-Adi Mundi and ARC Trooper Jesse are coming to TBS line next year!

Yeeeeees for Aayla!! One of my most wanted figures ever!

Hoping for more female Jedi figures soon. We need Luminara, Shaak Ti and Barriss as well.
Ru_1977
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Tue Oct 26, 2021 5:57 pm

Awesome. Ki Adi Mundi is low on my list, but he's on it. Unless he is a deluxe figure.
Amazing_Spider-Man
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Tue Oct 26, 2021 6:26 pm

Probably exclusives so they can charge that extra bit for fresh sculpts, like TCW Jedi were this year.
Ru_1977
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Tue Oct 26, 2021 6:48 pm

We collectors are a cynical bunch.
Prophet924
Thwipp!

Tue Oct 26, 2021 6:54 pm

$27 dollars probably. To be fair. Making a figure costs you the base body, a cast/3D printed head, and paint/accessories. It’s more than $27 to make a figure.

I would enjoy adding all those. I’ll try to get them when the time comes. Ms. Secura and Mr. Mundi are pretty much the lasts of the Jedi I want most. All others would be gravy.

Thwipp!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
joshsquash729
CROM!

Tue Oct 26, 2021 8:37 pm

Got shipping confirmation for Aurra from Target. Still waiting on Lando from the order- I got them both back when they were on sale for 15 at Target, so it'll be nice to save a few bucks.

So incredibly stoked about Aayla and Ki-Adi! They've been towards the top of my most wanted list since the line started. Still need Shaak Ti, Luminara, Barriss, Saesee Tiin, and Agen Kolar at least. Quinlan Vos too, but for some reason, I always include him in a different ranking than the PT Jedi.
TheLoneToyman
Runs Around in Tights

Wed Oct 27, 2021 1:24 am

I just got a shipping notification from Walmart for the Bad Batch Clone Shock Trooper. It should be here tomorrow too. I kind of forgot that I had that preordered since it's been so since I placed the order.
Super Camel
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Wed Oct 27, 2021 7:12 am

I am so happy about the Aayla Secura and Ki Adi Mundi figures being revealed. I always want more Jedi and Sith. And these are two of my Top 10 jedi wants.

I will have to see if I got a shipping notice for the Bad Batch Clone Shock Trooper. I wondered if it, or Rampart and Empire Crosshairs would ship soon. I keep hoping the Target Merrick and Galen Erso ship soon too.
The_Kilted_Fett
Avengers Assemble

Wed Oct 27, 2021 1:02 pm

I also just got the shipping notice from Walmart for the Shock Troopers.
MickJohnson
Super Poseable

Wed Oct 27, 2021 1:38 pm

XMenLegacy wrote:
Tue Oct 26, 2021 5:40 pm
ARC Trooper Jesse
Awesome! And how long before Fives please Hasbro?!?!?!?

Return to “Yavin 4: The Unofficial Star Wars Toy Board”